Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Requests - Font that sounds like it is a Defective Saber  (Read 6923 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« on: April 12, 2019, 12:20:53 PM »

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a font that is more of a defective saber. Something that I could use when the blade isn't installed. Definitely nothing too fancy which would over do it.

Also, and I guess I could make a new thread, are there boot LSU files with just colors, starwars people names or numbers. I'm just learning how to play around a bit and all of my fonts boot-up with 'Obsidian'.  I've down loaded a few files from here and it is a little hit and miss. I found a lot of wave files here, but most are not compatible.

Thanks a lot everyone. I do appreciate the help,

Always try to do what is right.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 12:28:22 PM »

Be more specific please! What do you want exactly? The two Jakes. China town? Dark city?
 I will try what ever you want. Just  narrow the scope please.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 12:49:35 PM »

If it is something weird you don't want to state on the forum, so what. I'm even more interested!
 Personal message me. I'm very willing to help you out, or at least try.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 01:00:32 PM »

No it isn't anything weird. Just two things but each are completely different which is why I thought of putting them in different threads.

1) Is there a font that I can use when the blade is not in. For example when someone says, turn it on and instead of a cool power on sound and hum, it sounds like a power on then electrical short. Then the hum would be an electric shock/short every could of seconds.  Something cool because the blade isn't it. 'Sorry kids it must not me working today', kind of fun.

2) I put different color Obsidian fonts on my saber (it has diamond sound). As I cycle through them they all begin with the same Tag Sound 'Obsidian'. Maybe if I could replace that tag sound with just 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Or something that just said 'blue', 'red', 'green'. Or even the names of people from Star Wars would be a good tag. Obi-Wan for a blue color, Luke for a green, etc...

Well I hope that isn't too weird.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:03:58 PM »

At the bottom of my post, in the signature bar, is a link to a bunch of diamond saves. They include sound files mixed with color sequences. There are also a ton of sound files there, to answer question 2.

Question 1. I read as DETECTIVE.   Sorry. 
You wrote DEFECTIVE. A  battery or saber malfunction.  I love the saber malfunction idea, to fool the kids!!! I'm on that right away.  No blade in means no color mixing so it should go quick. What color is your regular blade choice? Ill use white if you don't specify and get started!

Great idea! Thank you for not being shy or to proud to ask for help. I am guilt of the later myself.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 02:30:40 PM »

I've been thinking about it. The defective detective. The movie  spiderman into the spider verse. Nickolas Cage played a noirish detective type and glitched between universes. The Defective Detective.

I am going to make you two tiny little fonts!!!
I hate insomnia.  Thank you for giving me something to do.  I'll get it out soon. Before Monday.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 04:55:54 PM »

Wow, that's awesome. You'd really do that.  Thanks very very much.

My normal colors are either a very Red or Consular Green. But have FOC, would that matter? If so either a very Pale Blue for the Red or a White/Silver for the Green.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 06:09:40 PM »

So originally I was thinking a BOOT font that let you know you were on the "Malfunction" font, but not obvious.
 A power ON that sounded glitchy.
A static sounding HUM
Power OFF that sounded like that battery died half way through the audio.

With that basic of a set up flash on clash would not be used.

I was mentioning color choice as in, you only ever use one blade color. If you want a quick font I can hook you up. If you want flash on clash colors then you need clash sounds too. You will also need swing sounds. That will take a lot longer. It also defeats the purpose of a DEFECTIVE font.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 11:34:26 PM »

So originally I was thinking a BOOT font that let you know you were on the "Malfunction" font, but not obvious.
 A power ON that sounded glitchy.
A static sounding HUM
Power OFF that sounded like that battery died half way through the audio.

With that basic of a set up flash on clash would not be used.

I was mentioning color choice as in, you only ever use one blade color. If you want a quick font I can hook you up. If you want flash on clash colors then you need clash sounds too. You will also need swing sounds. That will take a lot longer. It also defeats the purpose of a DEFECTIVE font.

You're right, that would defeat the purpose of the Defective fount.  Better to keep it more for what it is.  Maybe down the road it might be nice to have a defective sound font for when a blade is in. But right now just something for when the blade isn't in would be awesome.

Again, I really appreciate your help,

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 01:56:45 AM »

Here you go. Sorry it  took so long.  My house lost power after I agreed to do this.  Had to wait until it came back on! Have a good weekend.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eVqbIa8UB2MfcLMfj58uUbOx3vGRsEgG

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 03:37:21 AM »

@Ken at Sunrise

Did you get a chance to download this yet? Let me know what you think. Let me know if you wanted something different or something added. I hope it is at least close to what you were thinking.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 05:50:50 PM »

Hey, I tried it out. It is a bit more musical that electrical isn't it? Also I was thinking of a Lockup though. If it isn't working and shaken it make more electrical sounds.  Thanks for your help. How about using parts of the Ancient Saber font. That could be fun I think?

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »

Wow, I do like the hum a lot. I think I'm going to play a bit more with what you've given me.  While I like the electrical shorts more than the musical I was to give the entire font package you've do a through go.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 10:42:56 PM »

I just downloaded a bunch of new sounds. I need to edit them, but I'll post them soon. I will also take another run at this font. I did get some new electrical sounds and error beeps. I thought the error beeps would be good for swings and clash. The electric sounds looped into a lock up.
 I am a little confused about what you might of heard as musical. My best guess is the on and off sounds?  I think I found  a few good alternatives for the on and offs. We will see. Give me a couple of hours and I'll post something new for you to try out!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 04:59:14 AM »

If you follow the link to the saber malfunction sound files. You will see a new file folder titled Saber Malfunction (round 2). There are 76 sound files in there. Including 12 new hums, labeled as idle, and 11 lockups.  Have fun.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: