Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Requests - Font that sounds like it is a Defective Saber  (Read 6922 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 04:58:56 AM »

@Ken at Sunrise,

Ignore the previous post. The link in my signature bar now has a file folder with your profile name on it.  In that file folder you will find three more file folders.  First is Ancient Saber Mod.  Second is the Electric file.  Then Saber Malfunction.  If you can't find what you need in there, let me know!  I will try to help again.  I never asked I just assumed you have a diamond saber.  If you do, you will see there are diamond saves as well.  That is why I questioned your color choices.  Have a good Monday, if that is even possible!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 12:39:39 PM »

Thank you for always creating sound fonts, Kaiser. -5 for you

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 05:55:46 AM »

I really appreciate the thank you infinit01.
  Truth is I remember being disappointed when I first got my diamond saber. It has all that memory but there were not a lot of sound files. There were only like three or four diamond saves. So I try to say thank you to all the people that made fonts before me, by adding to the collection.  Most of what I know I learned by dissecting other people's fonts and seeing what they did. I really like making diamond saves. I'm just running out of ideas.
  Helping other people is really just my selfish way of encouraging them to to suggest ideas!  The Electric Saber diamond save I put together is pretty cool. I need to thank Ken at Sunrise for the idea and the motivation  to make it exist.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 01:20:00 PM »

I will absolutely get this and try them out tomorrow night. I can hardly wait. And yes many thanks for doing something like this. Being new and still a little lost on even the hilts and blades stuff like this really helps. It is good to know there is a great community out there.  So is it light or dark you'd prefer?

Thanks,

Always try to do what is right.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 09:22:54 PM »

Darkside points please.  I see you have light side points. Do you want to keep following that path?
 The Darkside has cookies, just saying!

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 04:24:54 PM »

These fonts are FANTASTIC and exactly what I was hoping for. I was playing around last night, trying to mix and match. Ended up getting a little frustrated; I'm still new at getting the software to do what I want. So I just installed one of the fonts with no editing and looked at my wife and said "it's perfect", and it is.

Thank you very much for these., they are great. You do great work.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 10:35:20 PM »

Which diamond save did you use? I'm guessing the Electric saber? The other two were bare bones.  Just an fyi, you can load say the electric font. Go into the editing program and just change a sound out for one you like better. The light sequence will stay the same pretty much. So if you like the ancient saber lock up, you can delete the one in the Electric font and just replace it with ancient saber's lock up.  Fine tuning sounds is much easier than fine tuning the lights.

Thank you for the compliment! I'm still just learning how to do all this myself. Im sure you will catchup and then surpass me in no time! I am very happy you are enjoying the fonts.
 If you need more help or advice just ask and I will do what I can to assist.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 01:03:08 AM »

Yes it was the electric one, very nice.  One of the wav files was really long I kept clicking save without realizing  it wasn't saving. I'm guessing there is a maximum length for some.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 01:17:33 AM »

Nope. No max length. I have loaded full, five minute long songs before.
 It may not load because the editing program does not like the file name. I have run in to that problem a couple times.  Try renaming the sound file and then loading it again.  If it suddenly works, the file name was the problem.
  Also,  if you have only 10 megabytes or less free space the editing program can do some odd stuff.  When I am making  a new font, I delete two or three larger fonts off the board. This gives me plenty of room and everything acts normally. Then just reload the same fonts when you are done editing.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2019, 05:10:45 PM »

Very nice work KaiserSosay! Smiley

It's a cool idea too.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 07:26:26 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGEmg6e5XzM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 03:03:18 PM »

Thank you for the shout-out. It was just an idea but you did all of the work.  Thanks again.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 02:35:58 AM »

Sometimes the font making is easy. I find that just coming up with a new idea is the hardest part of creating a font. So from my point of view,  you did the hard part!!! Thank you for sharing your idea.
  Got anything "NEW" in mind?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: