Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Warranty contact  (Read 143 times)
bgfun
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 12, 2019, 06:17:54 AM »

Over the last several months, I have sent email to a few of the addresses I found on the web site, but have gotten no reply. Here is my issue. I received an UltraSaber as a gift, but several months ago, it just went dead. No broken wires that I could see, it hadn't been dropped. It was unused for over a month and the batteries had to be recharged, but still didn't work. I sent several e-mail messages but never got a reply. Here is a link to the happy day I received my US - https://www.facebook.com/JingYingInstitute/photos/a.209263936800/10155520741406801/?type=3&theater

Does anyone have suggestions for what my options are now?

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1858

Safety third

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:42:30 AM »

What email did you contact? Info@ultrasabers.com should do the trick.  Have you tried their business phone number listed on the site?  Did the person who gifted it keep the purchase information?  There should be a record of the purchase in their account history if they didn't keep the emails.  You'll want to have that information on hand when you contact them.

bgfun
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 10:10:37 PM »

I contacted info@ultrasabers.com and customerservice@ultrasabers.com with the following message three times in February:

========
I received an ultrasaber as a gift in April last year (photo here - https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=billy%20l%20greer%20photos%20ultrasaber&em=1)

Unfortunately, last week I went to use it after it had been sitting unused for about 2 weeks and it would not turn on (it had worked fine previously).  I recharged the batteries fully and tried again but there was still no response. What are my options for repair?

Thank you,
=======

I got no response and I had set it aside and forgotten about it until I got a FaceBook memory about the original date it was gifted. Am I just out of luck now that it has been a year since I got it (although I contacted them in February for a claim) or because it was a gift and I wasn't the original purchaser?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2007

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 04:30:47 AM »

Hey there, bgfun.  I would contact Marlena at Marlena@ultrasabers.com to talk about your saber.  She'll look into your issue for you

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1011

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 05:36:50 AM »

Does your saber have sound? If yes, how did you charge the batteries? Those are Li-Ion batteries which need a special Li-Ion battery charger, a normal charger (for Ni-MH or Ni-Cd) will NOT properly charge the Li-Ions provided with your saber.

If it's just stunt with AAA batteries....well, then I'm with Inf01. Contact Marlena, she'll be able to help you with your issue!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

bgfun
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 06:00:09 AM »

Thanks, I just sent a message to Marlena. Yes, the Saber has the Obsidian soundboard and I used the LI batteries and charged them with the correct charger. Just in case the batteries were bad, I checked their output with a battery tester. I also tried regular AA batteries which usually have enough voltage to turn on the saber, but no luck. I'll wait to hear back from Marlena.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: