Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Author Topic: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER - OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER  (Read 14000 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2019, 06:57:26 PM »

Saying it doesn't look like Endor is like me going to Africa and saying this doesn't look like planet Earth. Other parts of the planet/moon could look different from each other.

Yes, I agree. But as Knox said, planets in SW have yet to have more than 1 type of climate.

It's funny how in retrospect, every planet we've seen in Star Wars only seems to have one type of climate/geography. Desert planet, ice planet, sea planet. It would be nice if this was the first time they showed that a planet can have forests AND oceans. And maybe a desert too.

Which is why I don't think it is Endor.

As Tepes said, Luke and Kanan were most definitely Jedi. Even though the order may have been destroyed, they themselves were still Jedi. That was one of the great things about Rebels; it showed that there was more to the force and force users than just "Sith" or "Jedi". I've heard that Clone Wars also explored similar territory, but I can't comment as I've never seen it.

I'm sure you've been told this over and over, but TCW is amazing, and well worth watching if you get the chance.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2019, 07:07:04 PM »

Apparently, The Forest Moon of Endor is one of nine Moons orbiting the Gas Giant Endor. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2019, 12:17:46 PM »

I'm sure you've been told this over and over, but TCW is amazing, and well worth watching if you get the chance.
I've heard. But it's not broadcast anywhere in the UK, so a bit difficult to catch up. I could always buy thr boxsets, but it being aired out of order would get very annoying, especially if I had to constantly swap discs in and out in order to view the story properly.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2019, 07:27:40 PM »

I've heard. But it's not broadcast anywhere in the UK, so a bit difficult to catch up. I could always buy thr boxsets, but it being aired out of order would get very annoying, especially if I had to constantly swap discs in and out in order to view the story properly.

Honestly, it being a little out of order isn't that jarring...at least it wasn't to me.  It was on Netflix here until a few weeks ago..obviously moving to Disney+.  I would figure it would be on the UK's Netflix though

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2019, 07:54:02 PM »

Watching it in release order is just fine (most people watch it that way first anyways), it is good to watch in chronological order too though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2019, 08:14:45 PM »

Honestly, it being a little out of order isn't that jarring...at least it wasn't to me.  It was on Netflix here until a few weeks ago..obviously moving to Disney+.  I would figure it would be on the UK's Netflix though
Nope. It's never been on UK Netflix

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »

Nope. It's never been on UK Netflix

Huh...that is Odd

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2019, 09:03:09 PM »

Huh...that is Odd
That's life.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2019, 11:45:22 PM »

Just watched the trailer again, and I have to say that I am touched by how Ray is still carrying the blaster that Han gave her.   

As for the Death Star seen on the planet....   That could be the forest moon.   That chunk hit from ORBIT.   It would have created a huge crater.  They could easily be standing at the edge of that impact crater on Endor.   The forest would have been obliterated by that impact and while vegetation would be recovering it wouldn't be back to massive redwood sizes yet.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2019, 11:56:41 PM »

Just watched the trailer again, and I have to say that I am touched by how Ray is still carrying the blaster that Han gave her.   

As for the Death Star seen on the planet....   That could be the forest moon.   That chunk hit from ORBIT.   It would have created a huge crater.  They could easily be standing at the edge of that impact crater on Endor.   The forest would have been obliterated by that impact and while vegetation would be recovering it wouldn't be back to massive redwood sizes yet.
Would an impact from the Death Star create an ocean though?

And yes, I noticed her still carrying the blaster.

I know some.people are wondering who is in the tie interceptor chasimg Rey. Has anyone given any thoughts to it being one of the Knights of Ren? Or even possibly General Hux?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2019, 12:16:24 AM »

Would an impact from the Death Star create an ocean though?

And yes, I noticed her still carrying the blaster.

I know some.people are wondering who is in the tie interceptor chasimg Rey. Has anyone given any thoughts to it being one of the Knights of Ren? Or even possibly General Hux?

Like I said, something about that makes me think its training of some kind.  So maybe Kylo?  Or..maybe Leia?  Or even Poe. 

Maybe my science is faulty but if (supposedly) a comet the size of Texas would pretty much decimate the Earth...wouldn't it stand to reason something the size of even a piece of the Death Star do the same? 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2019, 12:34:10 AM »

Maybe my science is faulty but if (supposedly) a comet the size of Texas would pretty much decimate the Earth...wouldn't it stand to reason something the size of even a piece of the Death Star do the same? 
I think the science behind a huge chunk of anything from space hitting a planet causes either a new ice age or at worst is an extinction level event that kills all life on the planet. So it crashing into a forest wouldn't change things to create an ocean where there was previously trees. And the reverse shot we see of the group (before we see the Death Star) we can see grass on top of the cliff top. So, no planetary decimation. (God, it's fun to speculate!  Grin Grin)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2019, 12:37:34 AM »

I think the science behind a huge chunk of anything from space hitting a planet causes either a new ice age or at worst is an extinction level event that kills all life on the planet. So it crashing into a forest wouldn't change things to create an ocean where there was previously trees. And the reverse shot we see of the group (before we see the Death Star) we can see grass on top of the cliff top. So, no planetary decimation. (God, it's fun to speculate!  Grin Grin)

Exactly my point....  Whatever planet that is should be uninhabitable right now. hmmmm  I wonder if it has two suns if that would make a difference.

Oh No.......Logos is going to pop a blood vessel over this one.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2019, 12:42:02 AM »

I think the science behind a huge chunk of anything from space hitting a planet causes either a new ice age or at worst is an extinction level event that kills all life on the planet. So it crashing into a forest wouldn't change things to create an ocean where there was previously trees. And the reverse shot we see of the group (before we see the Death Star) we can see grass on top of the cliff top. So, no planetary decimation. (God, it's fun to speculate!  Grin Grin)
Star Wars doesn't really follow real science.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2019, 12:44:27 AM »

Star Wars doesn't really follow real science.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Even then, thats a pretty big thing to ignore....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: