Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER - OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER  (Read 13979 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2019, 12:46:40 AM »

Exactly my point....  Whatever planet that is should be uninhabitable right now. hmmmm  I wonder if it has two suns if that would make a difference.
I suppose someone more sciency will be able to calculate the amount of devastation that may be caused by debris that size. However, we need to remember that this is a movie, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, with aliens, hyperspeed, laser swords and space wizards. We can't really apply real world science to a make believe franchise.

My thing is though, I don't believe the moon had an ocean on it, which is why I think it's the planet. Will this mean they change Endor from a gas giant to an actual planet? Probably. Of course, there's always the possibility that the debris floated in space and landed on a completely different planet.

Star Wars doesn't really follow real science.
Exactly.

Even then, thats a pretty big thing to ignore....
If you're watching Star Wars and thinking about the science then you are truly lost!  Cheesy

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2019, 02:32:26 AM »

I suppose someone more sciency will be able to calculate the amount of devastation that may be caused by debris that size. However, we need to remember that this is a movie, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, with aliens, hyperspeed, laser swords and space wizards. We can't really apply real world science to a make believe franchise.

My thing is though, I don't believe the moon had an ocean on it, which is why I think it's the planet. Will this mean they change Endor from a gas giant to an actual planet? Probably. Of course, there's always the possibility that the debris floated in space and landed on a completely different planet.
Exactly.
If you're watching Star Wars and thinking about the science then you are truly lost!  Cheesy

Someone needs to tell Logos and Jev this.... remember the "Twi'lek hybrid" incident? Roll Eyes

If a crater big enough forms, it's not impossible that condensation build up creates a body of water.... though after only 30 years, it'd be a big lake, not an ocean. It's also possible, and likely, Endor did in fact have an ocean somewhere, we just didn't see it.

Wookiepedia quote: "It contained a breathable atmosphere to humans and 8% surface water. It had two suns, Endor I and Endor II"

"As a result of the repulsorlift field emitted by the SLD-26 planetary shield generator to keep the Death Star in a stationary orbit, Endor was prone to earthquakes, tidal imbalances, and other geological disturbances."

"Tidal imbalances" strongly implies an ocean.

Not to mention there's a lot of blue on the planet if looking at orbital pictures.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2019, 03:28:52 AM »

Tell that to Logos Tongue

To be fair apparently Star Wars is what got Logos into science (if I remember correctly)  so he's very critical of it.  Same as I am when it comes to aspects of The Force and combat with in SW.

Like I said, estimates are If a body the size of texas hit..all life on Earth would end within hours if not days.  SO something The size of the debris we saw would be uber devastating to any planet/moon it hit. 

But, apparently there are 8 other Moons around Endor...its possible part of the Death Star drifted and got caught in one of Moons gravitational pull

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2019, 03:33:58 AM »

Interesting video from Nerdist explaining exactly how everyone's favourite Sith emperor could have returned (hosted by Diana Allers from Mass Effect 3)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZl751rmc4&amp;t=329s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZl751rmc4&amp;t=329s</a>

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2019, 03:59:49 AM »

Dex being back would be great! Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2019, 11:29:12 AM »

Interesting video from Nerdist explaining exactly how everyone's favourite Sith emperor could have returned (hosted by Diana Allers from Mass Effect 3)

You mean: How a powerful Sith, former apprentice of Plagueis, who have clone technology could have return???  Grin

If JJ use some elements of the old EU, it could be great Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2019, 02:13:50 PM »

You mean: How a powerful Sith, former apprentice of Plagueis, who have clone technology could have return???  Grin

If JJ use some elements of the old EU, it could be great Wink

Agreed, if they do bring some of the old EU into the present universe, that would be awesome

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2019, 02:44:06 PM »

I've just had a thought. Everyone is just assuming that the Death Star wreckage is on Endor. However, an explosion big enough to destroy the station would have sent debris hurtling out into space for hundreds if not thousands of light years. Think about it, when Krypton exploded, pieces of kryptonte ended up on Earth. So, there's a good chance that the planet is not Endor, but somewhere new we haven't seen before.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2019, 02:47:38 PM »

Agreed.  Also, a lot of fans are thinking that this is the first Death Star but hearing the Emperor's laugh at the end, I can't help but to believe that it's the second Death Star where the Emperor's presence was there and also where he met his untimely death. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2019, 02:58:58 PM »

I've heard one or two people thinking it's the 1st Death Star. But as you said, Palpy was on the 2nd one when it destroyed, so it would make sense for this to be that one. The said on the panel that the new crew will be going on an adventure together. The only thing I can think of why they would need to go to the wreckage is to try and salvage kyber crystals. rey was a junker before she discovered the force, so nice tie-in there.

I have seen reports that JJ has said that Palpy is back properly, and not through a sith holocron/force vision or something. In that respect (if true) they must be dipping into the legends lore for inspiration. Although, I'm interested to discover where he has been for 30 years. But that video from Nerdist touched on a lot of this too.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2019, 03:08:05 PM »

JJ didn't rule out a simple force ghost, which I believe to be the most likely scenario. I do agree that the planet is very likely to be different than Endor.

(Sig by me!)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2019, 03:14:44 PM »

I too agree and hope that they're dipping into the old EU and if Palpy is alive, then it can be his clone like in the old EU or just like Maul, he somehow survives his death on the second Death Star after Vader throw him down the shaft and lied in wait or can very well be the person behind the First Order and maybe Snoke was either a minion from the rule of two or an uncompleted clone of Palpy who he used as his speaker so to speak for some time until he was either ready or was back to his full potential to rule once again. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2019, 03:15:55 PM »

That's the thing about celebration. So many interviews and reported information can occasionally be misconstrued. Although I have seen some isolated comments from "fans" who are complaining that TROS is just taking cues from ROTJ and therefore it's another example of LucasFilm being unoriginal since the mouse house took over. We haven't seen the movie and know nothing about the plot and yet they have already condemned it.

Personally, I'm enjoying all the speculation and theories and cannot wait to see the film.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »

I've just had a thought. Everyone is just assuming that the Death Star wreckage is on Endor. However, an explosion big enough to destroy the station would have sent debris hurtling out into space for hundreds if not thousands of light years. Think about it, when Krypton exploded, pieces of kryptonte ended up on Earth. So, there's a good chance that the planet is not Endor, but somewhere new we haven't seen before.

THAT was my first thought as well. Either they show us Endor decades after the Battle of Endor or we are somewhere else and this piece of the Death Star would've been shot through space, especially since the moon was small enough that the explosion could've counteracted the gravitational pull. I just had a doubt when I re-watched the scene in ROTJ. It looks like the laser dish was facing towards the moon's surface when the explosion occured. Therefore that particular piece would've been unlikely to be sent away.
Then again, this is a detail only a guy like me would look at I guess  Grin

I'm no physicist but one might assume that these pieces of the Death Star hitting the surface of the moon would've created large craters, burned a huge amount of trees and that a tree-planet like this would've originally had a lot of humidity in it's atmosphere to make up for the lack of ocean (if oceans weren't present). All the humidity in the burning trees would've been sent into the atmosphere, saturating it. The nuclear winter effect would've make it cooler soon enough and much of the humidity would've fallen down to the surface as a LOT of rain. The burned, barren surface on some parts would've been unable to absorb this water and it would've run down the slopes, ultimately falling into the crater and filling much of it over time, resulting in a rather big lake. As the vegetation extends again to re-colonize the land left empty after these impacts, grass and lichen would probably be the first to reach the edges of the craters in the first few decades.

This all might make sense, but then what wouldn't make sense would be the celebrating with the Ewoks all night while the whole planet is being bombed by debris falling out of the sky, burning the trees, creating earthquakes and who knows what other dangers.

Lots to guess about I suppose...

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: