Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Original emerald software / old board  (Read 3674 times)
djdannyr32
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 12, 2019, 09:04:03 PM »

Hello!

So I have one of your very first saber designs ( obi ones tpm) and original emerald driver / obsidian sound boards.
Now my question is there any way that I can get the original software to change the blade color for my saber?
I tried downloading the new software but receive error messages when I hook it up to my saber ( obv older boards on new software, but I figured I’d give it a wack ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
I last changed the color in 2016 for my wedding ( pink for my wife ) and would love to change it back to the blue I had it on.
Thank you !

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 05:35:02 PM »

The new software should still be compatible with Emerald. Can you post a picture with the error message?

In most cases, connection problems can be solved with charging the batteries. I'd try that first and see if that solves it.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

djdannyr32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:39:12 PM »

Ok so I gave the batteries a good charge and attempted again. I wound up with the same error.
I tried attaching the screen shot of the error but no dice, here's the link to it posted on imgur and also exactly what the code says below the link.

https://imgur.com/a/DCQmY3f

UltraSaberLauncher
Failed to Create Open GL context to format
QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBuferSize
24, redBuffersize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1,
alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile 0)
This is most likely cause by not having the necessary graphics installed.

Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or Higher, or, if this is not possible, make sure the ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries (libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll and d3dcompiler_*.dll) are available in the application executables directory or in a location listed in PATH.

Hope this helps!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 12:49:44 PM »

Uhm....okay, that's weird. Have you tried uninstalling the launcher, updating your graphics card drivers, installing all available Windows Updates and then reinstalling the UltraSabers Launcher? From what I can figure out there, it seems to be a graphic card driver's issue. If that doesn't help, I'd like to redirect you to the developers of the boards and software, RSX Engineering. They have an account on the forum, but you can contact them via ultrasabers@rsxengineering.com as well.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

djdannyr32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 03:25:07 PM »

Yeah,
All updates are up to snuff
( windows 10 ent )
Graphics card seems good to go
Not sure what else it could be.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 06:06:55 PM »

Okay, I think that's something for the developers then. To be honest, I've only seen one case where that error popped up, and this was solved by updating the graphics card. If that hasn't worked for you, then I have no idea what else to try Undecided

Sig by Master Nero

djdannyr32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 06:10:51 PM »

So just to be sure, I’m going to give this a shot on my surface to see if I get the same error.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 07:20:09 PM »

That's a great idea! Completely forgot that option...

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: