Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: On the subject of the CH. 9 trailer...  (Read 3605 times)
StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« on: April 13, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »

What do you guys think about the revised graflex? And who exactly will the Skywalker be that’s rising? Rey? Kylo? He does have Skywalker blood. And he never quite hit me right as a villain. He was a poor one at best. But if it does turn out to be Kylo, and he isn’t the villain of the piece, then who is? That sinister laughter from Luke at the end makes me wonder if he has secretly gone to the dark side. There was that pit of darkness on the island he was living on. Plus there have been several talked in comics and I believe even novels dating back to the first trilogy where Luke had his turn battling the dark side or taking Vader's place. Thoughts?

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 05:33:27 PM »

What do you guys think about the revised graflex? And who exactly will the Skywalker be that’s rising? Rey? Kylo? He does have Skywalker blood. And he never quite hit me right as a villain. He was a poor one at best. But if it does turn out to be Kylo, and he isn’t the villain of the piece, then who is? That sinister laughter from Luke at the end makes me wonder if he has secretly gone to the dark side. There was that pit of darkness on the island he was living on. Plus there have been several talked in comics and I believe even novels dating back to the first trilogy where Luke had his turn battling the dark side or taking Vader's place. Thoughts?

Many think that Skywalker will become the name of a new group of Force Users.  While Kylo has Skywalker blood..he isn't a Skywalker.  But that wasn't Luke Laughing...it was Palpatine

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »

Ohhhh...then my theory could be all a puddle of Darkside mud Cheesy

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »

Yup, that was Palpatine laughing at the end. I looked forward to seeing Rey along with new force users become Jedi

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »

Billy D steps back in his role...to die next? BWAHAHAAA!!!!

Saber Arsenal:

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 04:16:36 AM »

Palpatine laughing straight up, I recognize that gradual build of laughter anywhere. The dark side of the Force will rise once again

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 04:36:40 PM »

Yes...that looks like the ruins of the Death Star their looking at in the one scene. And since Palpatine is all over the internet, it stands to reason he survived. One theory on another site stated he cloned Anakin, and that Rey might also be a clone made from Anakin’s DNA. This sound a bit soap operaesque, but I have to admit it explains the connection between her and Kylo...because they’re made of the same Skywalker DNA.

Not sure I’m buying all that, but Anakin needs to play some role in the finale. SW is his story, after all and if it is to come full circle, it needs to end with Anakin as it began with him—at least on some level.

Saber Arsenal:

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 05:16:32 PM »

Yes...that looks like the ruins of the Death Star their looking at in the one scene. And since Palpatine is all over the internet, it stands to reason he survived. One theory on another site stated he cloned Anakin, and that Rey might also be a clone made from Anakin’s DNA. This sound a bit soap operaesque, but I have to admit it explains the connection between her and Kylo...because they’re made of the same Skywalker DNA.

Not sure I’m buying all that, but Anakin needs to play some role in the finale. SW is his story, after all and if it is to come full circle, it needs to end with Anakin as it began with him—at least on some level.

Hello there, I had a conversation with a friend a few months ago on another blog and suggested Rey was a clone. The reason I came to that conclusion was the cave scene and the "mirror reflections". I thought that meant Rey was her own parents. Each reflection represented a previous or future incarnation.
Then there were reports/articles online talking about the battle of Jakku and a possible Imperial cloning facilty beneath the planet surface. I also mentioned to my friend about the cloned Emperor stories(mainly in EU/Legends) and maybe the Emperor we saw falling down the shaft in ROTJ was a clone, not Sheev himself. But then I thought that unlikely as the "clone" was also deformed from the effects of his battle with Windu, which wouldn't be visible on a newly developed clone afik, but now hearing that laugh...anything could be possible.

Imagine the power Palpatine would have as an ever-living clone and having Anakin/Vader clones at his side.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 05:19:45 PM »

Hello there, I had a conversation with a friend a few months ago on another blog and suggested Rey was a clone. The reason I came to that conclusion was the cave scene and the "mirror reflections". I thought that meant Rey was her own parents. Each reflection represented a previous or future incarnation.
Then there were reports/articles online talking about the battle of Jakku and a possible Imperial cloning facilty beneath the planet surface. I also mentioned to my friend about the cloned Emperor stories(mainly in EU/Legends) and maybe the Emperor we saw falling down the shaft in ROTJ was a clone, not Sheev himself. But then I thought that unlikely as the "clone" was also deformed from the effects of his battle with Windu, which wouldn't be visible on a newly developed clone afik, but now hearing that laugh...anything could be possible.

Imagine the power Palpatine would have as an ever-living clone and having Anakin/Vader clones at his side.

Going by the Aftermath novels, it was an Observatory below Jakku with charts to the Unknown Regions that Palaptine got from Thrawn

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 06:25:03 PM »

Going by the Aftermath novels, it was an Observatory below Jakku with charts to the Unknown Regions that Palaptine got from Thrawn

Thanks for the new imfo Darth Tepes., I haven't read Aftermath yet and I was working from some other reports and comments posted elsewhere. I need to look into getting an E-reader account of some sort to catch up on my reading, just so much to read and watch nowadays.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 07:54:31 PM »

These are actually good theories...it does work with what we’ve seen up to now. My own theories have mostly been blown out of the water at this point and I will be surprised if any of them actually make it into the film.

I’ve had in the back of my mind that Luke was somehow planned to have a bit of a reversal and get lured by the dark side much like Vader. This had nothing to really back them up, except a novel back when the original trilogy was still the only SW we had. The novel I believe was called “Splinter of the Mind’s Eye,” and I believe as a kid I mistook it for one of the up and coming sequels if they ever got made.

And I try not to get into all the hype and spoilers surrounding films before I see them. Although it can be fun at times. I also think there’s no avoiding it with this movie so just going along for the ride.  There are a few points I feel we need to see addressed in the finale:

1) As previously stated, Anakin playing some role in the conclusion. Either posthumously, or because “If no one ever really goes away,” then he and the other Jedi who have become one with the force and more powerful than ever, needs to play some part. It would seem they’ve been waiting and guiding the others through dreams and vision, but now we have seen Yoda calling down the lightning which destroyed Lukes little temple of books. A portent of things to come?

2) Kylo Ren just needs a good smack down. Aside from his connection to Rey he isn’t much more than a Vader wannabe. He’s emotional, hot-headed, and hasn’t made a worthy decision of being the next Vader since moment one. His character needs to be defined. What side will he eventually fall on?

If he sides with Rey, he might live and help the new rising Jedi. That however, almost seems anticlimactic after seeing him loosing control at pretty much every opportunity. He is desperate, needy, and wants power too much.

If he sides with Palpatine, I feel he will just be a pawn because I can’t see Palpatine taking him seriously. In which case, he dies fighting Rey, or has a dramatic turn once he realizes exactly what true evil is, and sacrifices himself in some dramatic moment where he will most likely fall into an abyss as he plunges off one of those catwalks with no railings that galaxy far, far away is so fond of.

3) Rey needs to start being the hero of her own story. Which means making decisions and being the catalyst for their ultimate victory.

In short, character development is needed to make her worthy of having the torch passed to her. She is a stronger character than Kylo, but I feel there’s some huge holes that need to be plugged. And I’m not talking about her blank past. I actually thought Jyn in Rogue One was a stronger character. Rey goes from some potentially good moments to really bad ones. Like Kylo, I feel there’s a lot of inconsistency there. It may be written that way to make her seem unsure, finding her way, but I have trouble finding moments where I empathize with her. She’s the hero because she supposed to be, not because she played or written well. I sometimes feel like she’s a woman written by a man would've been more comfortable writing a male lead and thus created a character he didn’t fully understand. In short, she’s written more like a means to an end than the hero of the piece a good deal of the time. So it’s totally up to the actor to bring nuance to Rey and on that score she doesn’t always succeed—or isn’t allowed to because the writers and directors are more focused on the overall arc instead of character development. Possibly because they are restricted to do so.

Disney’s fault, most likely...as a large and controlling entity.

But those would be some of the chief things I would like to see someone actually taking the reigns and doing some justice to the characters.  Because the movies aren’t really bad, in spite of a lot misgivings. Most of the complaints are directly—or indirectly—related to lack of character development and the need for a stronger hero and villain on a foundational level. All the plot points can be fixed and brought together if there’s a plan for a satisfying finish. Character stuff is harder because if we aren’t in love with them, intrigued by them, and rooting for them already, movie three may be too late to invest your audience and make them care of they live or die.

Not impossible, but definitely harder.

Saber Arsenal:

Cew
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 10:14:53 AM »

I’ve also been thinking a lot about episode eight and how events that happened in eight will affect nine an when Kylo says that Rey’s parents are nobody I actually really liked it because it shows that the force didn’t work through blood lines and that anybody can be strong in the force  I just hope that mine isn’t going to make Rey a Skywalker or a Kenobi because it  means mor for the wider universe if the force isn’t passed down through genes.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »

I’ve also been thinking a lot about episode eight and how events that happened in eight will affect nine an when Kylo says that Rey’s parents are nobody I actually really liked it because it shows that the force didn’t work through blood lines and that anybody can be strong in the force  I just hope that mine isn’t going to make Rey a Skywalker or a Kenobi because it  means mor for the wider universe if the force isn’t passed down through genes.

That's always been know...I don't know why people are acting as if this is a new thing.  Even if you didn't delve into the EU the prequels certainly showed connection to the Force wasn't wholly a passed on trait.  But the difference is WHO the Skywalkers are.  Anakin was the Chosen One....capable of being the most powerful Force User to ever live.  Events of course conspired to keep him from attaining his full potential...but that Power WAS passed on to his Son and Daughter.   No one is saying you have to be a Skywalker to be a Force User or Even be Strong in it.... But if you're wanting us to believe this new character is Anakin Level...then they either need to be connected to Him or have an explanation on why they Force decided to make a new Chosen One Level Forcer User.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 11:32:42 PM »

DT...agreed. All meaning they’ve intentionally held a lot back. If not, then Rey is a very under-developed character. There’s usually a plan. Only a fool would try to wing a trilogy as big as Star Wars. Although anything is possible. Hollywood has fell short more than a few...hundred times.

Realistically, I think that’s where the shortage of character development and lack of answers stemmed from. We’ve blamed writers and directors, but i think they just weren’t allowed to give the clues and thus inhibited some things in the first two films. Even when Lucasfilm was totally in charge, they played things retry close to the vest. Everyone connected with those films in any way has signed gag orders not to disclose anything of significance.  It was pretty standard fare during the prequels.

So the only real question is whether the plan wraps up enough, is satisfying, and plausible.  I know it won’t be for everyone.  But on some general level, it has to make sense with what has come before—at least in the films.  The novels and comics may not entirely hold. No one goes through all that and a lot of it usually gets left in the wake of too many writers, not enough room to fit everything. Even into three movies. But I hope they will at least remain loyal to Lucas’ original vision on some level.

Saber Arsenal:

bws
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

Lightside points please

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 04:19:27 PM »

My personal opinion is that Rey will end up being Kylo's twin going back to the old cannon and that Palpatine learned how to transfer his essence into another host being much like Vitiat did in the Old Republic game. It would make some bit of sense in my opinion, and I think would be somewhat pleasing to the fans.
Although Abrahms could pull something totally new out of his hat and surprise us all. I just hope that whatever they do we see a fitting tribute to Peter and Kerrie at the end or at least one in the extras when the blue-ray comes out.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: