Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Fallen Order Trailer  (Read 29478 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »

Loving that Inquisitor armour design.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 02:06:01 PM »

Loving that Inquisitor armour design.

Yes! the new helmet looks nice. brand new design yet it fits with the design aesthetic we expect from inquisitors.

The purge troopers are pretty sweet looking

I want to do a cosplay of one now

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 07:34:44 AM »

As an extreme casual gamer myself, this game is on my short to get list.
The only Sta Wars games I have ever played were Battlefront, Battlefront II and EA Battefront II. I got 3/4 of the way through Force Unleashed 1 before I just stopped playing.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 05:55:17 PM »

As an extreme casual gamer myself, this game is on my short to get list.
The only Sta Wars games I have ever played were Battlefront, Battlefront II and EA Battefront II. I got 3/4 of the way through Force Unleashed 1 before I just stopped playing.
As a casual gamer, you've played a lot of Star Wars games! lol

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:40 PM »

As a casual gamer, you've played a lot of Star Wars games! lol

I consider myself a casual gamer yet I have played far more SW games than he listed. I think casual is more of a personal definition though. If there is an actual one I'd be glad to hear it

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 06:43:16 PM »

"A casual gamer is a player who enjoys any video game without investing significant time to it, playing it spontaneously, irregularly, or infrequently. The term casual may also be used as a derogative noun, to describe a player who is not fully committed to playing a video game at a high level."

For instance, I have a friend who insists of completing every game to 100% and get ALL the trophies. Personally, I don't care if I don't get 100% on every level of any game I play.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 06:47:30 PM »

"A casual gamer is a player who enjoys any video game without investing significant time to it, playing it spontaneously, irregularly, or infrequently. The term casual may also be used as a derogative noun, to describe a player who is not fully committed to playing a video game at a high level."

For instance, I have a friend who insists of completing every game to 100% and get ALL the trophies. Personally, I don't care if I don't get 100% on every level of any game I play.

That's me. Spontaneous describes me perfectly. and I have never had a regular game time

-Broadside

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 06:48:27 PM »

To me, a casual gamer is someone who plays a game to kill time, think Solitaire, with no goal to finish a game or get real in depth with the community while taking their time and having no commitment or time frame on completing the game.  Casual gamers don't play for very long and will play "enough" to suit their needs.

This is what Wikipedia says:

Casual gamer: The term casual gamer is often used for gamers who primarily play casual games, but can also refer to gamers who play less frequently than other gamers.[18] Casual gamers may play games designed for ease of gameplay, or play more involved games in short sessions, or at a slower pace than hardcore gamers.[5] The types of game that casual gamers play vary, and they are less likely to own a dedicated video game console.[19][20] Notable examples of casual games include The Sims and Nintendogs.[21] Casual gamer demographics vary greatly from those of other video gamers, as the typical casual gamer is older and more predominantly female.[22] "Fitness gamer"s, who play motion-based exercise games, are also seen as casual gamers.[23]

Core gamer: A core or mid-core gamer is a player with a wider range of interests than a casual gamer and is more likely to enthusiastically play different types of games,[24] but without the amount of time spent and sense of competition of a hardcore gamer. The mid-core gamer enjoys games but may not finish every game they buy, doesn't have time for long MMO quests,[25] and is a target consumer.[26] Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated that they designed the Wii U to cater to core gamers who are in between the casual and hardcore categories.[27] A number of theories have been presented regarding the rise in popularity of mid-core games. James Hursthouse, the founder of Roadhouse Interactive, credits the evolution of devices towards tablets and touch-screen interfaces, whereas Jon Radoff of Disruptor Beam compares the emergence of mid-core games to similar increases in media sophistication that have occurred in media such as television.[28]

Hardcore gamer: Ernest Adams and Scott Kim have proposed classification metrics to distinguish "hardcore gamers" from casual gamers,[29] emphasizing action, competition, complexity, gaming communities, and staying abreast of developments in hardware and software. Others have attempted to draw the distinction based primarily on which platforms a gamer prefers,[30] or to decry the entire concept of delineating casual from hardcore as divisive and vague.[31]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamer

I'm the hardcore gamer who stays on top of developments for hardware, software, and studios.  I also play over 25 hours a week on games and have teams that the wife and I love to play with.  We all chat and work together to take out the enemy so playing with random people isn't our fortay unless everyone is busy. I also buy all of my electronics centered around gaming, from TV, to stand, chair, etc.  We tend to be dedicated to games, storylines, multiplayer modes, challenges, etc. and work hard to achieve our goals, rewards, etc. We tend to be perfectionists so to speak in our games and although not everyone wants to achieve everything in a game, we all tend to beat the game and dedicate our time in doing so.  Hardcore gamers have different values and goals as well.  For example, in Final Fantasy or Assassin's Creed, my wife wants to rush through the entire game and then come back and play the sidequests so she'll beat the game before I do. I, on the other hand, like to play the side quests because to me, it's part of the mission so I'll have better gear and weapons than she does when I beat my game.

Our gaming set up in our room.  

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »

To me, a casual gamer is someone who plays a game to kill time, think Solitaire, with no goal to finish a game or get real in depth with the community while taking their time and having no commitment or time frame on completing the game.  Casual gamers don't play for very long and will play "enough" to suit their needs.

This is what Wikipedia says:

Casual gamer: The term casual gamer is often used for gamers who primarily play casual games, but can also refer to gamers who play less frequently than other gamers.[18] Casual gamers may play games designed for ease of gameplay, or play more involved games in short sessions, or at a slower pace than hardcore gamers.[5] The types of game that casual gamers play vary, and they are less likely to own a dedicated video game console.[19][20] Notable examples of casual games include The Sims and Nintendogs.[21] Casual gamer demographics vary greatly from those of other video gamers, as the typical casual gamer is older and more predominantly female.[22] "Fitness gamer"s, who play motion-based exercise games, are also seen as casual gamers.[23]

Core gamer: A core or mid-core gamer is a player with a wider range of interests than a casual gamer and is more likely to enthusiastically play different types of games,[24] but without the amount of time spent and sense of competition of a hardcore gamer. The mid-core gamer enjoys games but may not finish every game they buy, doesn't have time for long MMO quests,[25] and is a target consumer.[26] Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated that they designed the Wii U to cater to core gamers who are in between the casual and hardcore categories.[27] A number of theories have been presented regarding the rise in popularity of mid-core games. James Hursthouse, the founder of Roadhouse Interactive, credits the evolution of devices towards tablets and touch-screen interfaces, whereas Jon Radoff of Disruptor Beam compares the emergence of mid-core games to similar increases in media sophistication that have occurred in media such as television.[28]

Hardcore gamer: Ernest Adams and Scott Kim have proposed classification metrics to distinguish "hardcore gamers" from casual gamers,[29] emphasizing action, competition, complexity, gaming communities, and staying abreast of developments in hardware and software. Others have attempted to draw the distinction based primarily on which platforms a gamer prefers,[30] or to decry the entire concept of delineating casual from hardcore as divisive and vague.[31]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamer

according to this, I act like a Hardcore gamer but in reality I'm a casual/low core gamer

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 07:18:14 PM »

I'm a casual gamer and proud of it! And there's nothing any of you can do to stop me! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 07:22:39 PM »

according to this, I act like a Hardcore gamer but in reality I'm a casual/low core gamer

According to Wiki, you are a casual gamer. As you've mentioned, you're a spontaneous gamer, that's not the traits of a hardcore gamer.  For Star Wars games, you may be a hardcore gamer there but for games themselves, you're casual

According to Quantic Foundry, a marketing research company that researches gaming motivation:

Hardcore gamers are most different from Casual gamers in terms of Competition (duels, matches, leaderboard rankings), Challenge (practice, skill improvement, high difficulty), and Excitement (fast-paced, thrills, surprises)—they are looking for fast-paced, skill-based matches against other players. Casual gamers, on the other hand, are looking for calm, non-adversarial games that are easy to learn and play.

https://quanticfoundry.com/2018/08/01/casual-hardcore/

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 07:29:07 PM »

Hmm  I guess I would be a core gamer.  I like story heavy games and don't care for playing with others.  Don't have anyone to play with anyhow.  I tend to play only on the weekends.  But very few games catch my eye.  I usually wind up back in Skyrim (with a ton of mods)  I enjoyed GTA 5 until it got populated with hackers and foul mouth 10 year olds.  I also don't worry about achievements unless they unlock something.  But, I still play games that are far from "calm".  Unless I decide to relax and build things in Minecraft.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 07:40:49 PM »

Casual gamers, on the other hand, are looking for calm, non-adversarial games that are easy to learn and play.[/i]

https://quanticfoundry.com/2018/08/01/casual-hardcore/
I disagree wholeheartedly with this definition. What makes me as casual gamer is more the frequency I play and not the kind of games I play. All the games I've played on PS3 and PS4 and violent and adversarial. I wouldn't say they are hard to learn hoe to play, mainly because if you have played one RPG action adventure style game, you understand the basics of game mechanics and controls. Once you understand the controller set-up, bring on the stealth or attack combos.

I'm casual as I will go months without playing any games. But then I'll sit down every day for a few weeks and replay the entire Mass Effect trilogy from the beginning (just as an example).

Also, in terms of difficulty level, I always start on normal and then depending on the game, after a few replays I will.increase it up a level. Eventually I may put it on insanity level (biggest achievement, completing The Last of Us on highest level without dying once, despite the lack of ammunition).

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 07:46:27 PM »

I disagree with that too. To me, casual gamers on those that play a game at a slow rate, meaning that they're not in a hurry or rush to beat the game and they can care less if they achieved all the rewards within the game. They also don't really care if they even beat the game while some do and can play all types of genres

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 07:56:09 PM »

I disagree with that too. To me, casual gamers on those that play a game at a slow rate, meaning that they're not in a hurry or rush to beat the game and they can care less if they achieved all the rewards within the game. They also don't really care if they even beat the game while some do and can play all types of genres
Oh, I care if i finish a game. But, just whenever. No rush. And there are some trophies and achievements i care about, but I really don't mind if I don't get everything or if they're not all platinum.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: