Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi Fallen Order Trailer  (Read 30006 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2019, 12:30:14 PM »

Here's the full gameplay demo. About half an hour.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpxWy8DJSE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpxWy8DJSE</a>

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2019, 08:48:42 PM »

It plays a lot like the heroes battle in EA Battlefront II. The droid works just like the one in the BFII campaign. If you have controller hints enabled, it tells you what button combo to use at critical moments. If your controller can do sliding/diagonal movement while jumping, you'll be able to play this easily.

I purchased every single LucasArts Star Wars game since 1994. PLayed SW:G when they shut down the servers. I'm re-visiting Star Wars Force Unleashed (got in on the free deal EA had earlier and got all their SW games).

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2019, 10:27:45 PM »

It plays a lot like the heroes battle in EA Battlefront II. The droid works just like the one in the BFII campaign. If you have controller hints enabled, it tells you what button combo to use at critical moments. If your controller can do sliding/diagonal movement while jumping, you'll be able to play this easily.

I purchased every single LucasArts Star Wars game since 1994. PLayed SW:G when they shut down the servers. I'm re-visiting Star Wars Force Unleashed (got in on the free deal EA had earlier and got all their SW games).

Thanks Chalion. That’s pretty much what I was hoping for with the controls. Did you get a chance to play it or is this just what you think (and I personally hope) will happen

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2019, 03:47:50 PM »

Thanks Chalion. That’s pretty much what I was hoping for with the controls. Did you get a chance to play it or is this just what you think (and I personally hope) will happen

EA had a free trial for Subscribers that another trailer touches on. You got to play the title char with the resistance to hit some sort of base. The graphics weren't great, but on par with the Alpha/Beta for BF2 & Anthem. Pretty much the same game engine for all 3.

My take: pretty graphics doesn't make a game, it just makes it better. If the storyline or gameplay are bad, making it look great won't help. Heck, I had played SWTOR for 7-1/2 years. JFO the gameplay works for me, the premise to me had been long awaited and making a pre-order was pre-ordained. Of course, this isn't beta yet (soon) so things may change.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2019, 10:53:48 PM »

EA had a free trial for Subscribers that another trailer touches on. You got to play the title char with the resistance to hit some sort of base. The graphics weren't great, but on par with the Alpha/Beta for BF2 & Anthem. Pretty much the same game engine for all 3.

My take: pretty graphics doesn't make a game, it just makes it better. If the storyline or gameplay are bad, making it look great won't help. Heck, I had played SWTOR for 7-1/2 years. JFO the gameplay works for me, the premise to me had been long awaited and making a pre-order was pre-ordained. Of course, this isn't beta yet (soon) so things may change.

Thanks. Although I have a feeling that this one will turn out better than BF2. I mean, it was designed to be a campaign based game. I’m kinda hoping for a Force Unleashed type of game.

-Broadside

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2019, 12:02:57 AM »

Thanks. Although I have a feeling that this one will turn out better than BF2. I mean, it was designed to be a campaign based game. I’m kinda hoping for a Force Unleashed type of game.

Campaign was another big plus in my eyes. I don't have to wait for others to play and I can take it at my own pace. Win-win. I just wonder at what easter-eggs/achievements the game will have and will it lock in for online account access to keep the records online like BF2/battlefield campaigns do?

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2019, 03:11:29 PM »

I am definitely hoping for Easter eggs. They add some personality to the games that wouldn’t be there otherwise.

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2019, 01:04:53 PM »

Here's the full gameplay demo. About half an hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpxWy8DJSE#

Ok, watching this thinking, "I'd hate to be the guy assigned to detail that walker after the mission."  Tongue Like the notion of AT-AT on AT-AT action, but a bit underwhelmed that a heavy assault vehicle has that hard a time with a simple cargo ship. A bit of a let down, but no surprise that they just have to throw in multiple movie tie-ins. The movement puzzles seem very PoP-esque. Nice use of the saber for light. The saber combat is very reminiscent of TFU, so yay for that. Flame troopers usually blow up after getting carved. Very much liking the use of Force speed, and the way the mechanic is programmed. I have some misgivings about how a single reflected blaster shot can kill, but multiple saber strikes don't. Undecided All in all, I am intrigued.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dazook
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

seek balance

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »

Hello all !

Im what some people like to call "an hardcore gamer". Gaming since im 5, and still gaming at 32 now......And for what i can tell it'll be a pretty decent game, hopefully the best "Jedi oriented" game since the Jedi outcast/academy series (early 2000's old, and still the best game for saber duel, Battlefront duels looks so poor compared to those games ).

It'll apparently be a mix off Dark soul for the fighting part (Each action cost stamina, Mashing buttons is barely rewarding. But it add depht in the gameplay and forces you to stay focus. Good point for immersion.) but with freakin jedi moves. It takes a bit of the "Zelda/Metroid" series for the progression through levels (As you obtain new items/abilities, you'll be able to unlock new areas in previous levels.), wich is good for the longevity of the game. Then the were clearly influenced by the Uncharted game series (The way the player interact with the environment, how you climb, run, etc...) known to be the best in the genre...

So keep your finger crossed, it could be a really cool experience !!

There is no peace, There is no war
There is no light, There is no dark
There is no good, There is no evil
There is only balance, and ever will be

Serve the future, the past did it too
This Force don't need your acceptance, its was always with you.
Seek for it, but not for yourself. One is only a tool to build Infinity.
When you"ll feel it, remember its teachings. Few are allowed to see the meaning of Existence...

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2019, 07:26:31 PM »

Official specs are out now!

Minimum Requirements
CPU: AMD FX-6100 or Intel i3-3220
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX or AMD Radeon HD 7750
DirectX: 11
Free space: 55 GB

Recommended Requirements
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 or Intel i7-6700K
RAM: 32 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 or AMD RX Vega 56
DirectX: 11
Free space: 55 GB

Quite hungry, that game...don't know if I order, my rig lacks the right CPU, Graphics and RAM...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2019, 09:39:04 PM »

My computer fits those specs. Probably going to get in for PS4 though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2019, 06:36:03 AM »

I might just skip this generation of consoles at this point, but do you have a specific reason for having a PS4 rather than an Xbox One?
I feel like the PS4 has better exclusives. Thoughts?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »

I might just skip this generation of consoles at this point, but do you have a specific reason for having a PS4 rather than an Xbox One?
I would have a PS4, but there's no Ratchet & Clank for it.....beyond that crappy movie tie-in remake.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2019, 03:10:49 PM »

I meet the minimum specs at least...maybe I'll try it and see which settings work and which don't. I rather want games at max settings, but if it doesn't work, well, I can't change it Wink

UPDATE: The recommended RAM has been reduced to 16 GB. Another recommende spec that I meet after OS, disk space and Direct X...still lacking CPU and Graphics (currently Ryzen 5 1600 and GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB), though.

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2019, 03:49:19 PM »

"Better" is in the eye of the beholder....but I can say personally it has the exclusives that interest me.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: