Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: OFFICIAL PS5 SPECS PROVES IT WILL ECLIPSE THE PS4  (Read 3471 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: April 16, 2019, 08:58:42 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc-iy2B4ARw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 05:14:43 PM »

Been following the PS5 with updates.  It's going to support 8K and be backwards compatible with the PS4

Given the recent announcements of game streaming services such as Google Stadia, many believed that next-generation consoles, including the PS5, will strictly implement digital downloads as the only way for players to access games. However, Cerny confirms that the PS5 will still include a disc drive, which is good news for fans of physical games.

Performance-wise, the PS5 will feature a Solid State Drive (SSD), which the PS4 doesn’t have by default. The addition of the SSD in the PS5 will significantly improve the rendering and load sequences of games, especially those that were developed packed full of content. To demonstrate, Cerny played Spider-Man PS4 on the developer kit of the PS5, and the game’s massive open-world was able to load in less than one second, as opposed to the usual 15 on the PS4 Pro.

playstation-5-revealed

Talking about the PS5’s inner workings, Cerny revealed that the upcoming console will contain an AMD chip that is based on the third-generation Ryzen. It will contain eight cores of the seven-nanometer Zen 2 microchip, allowing it to support up to 8K resolution, and will be compatible with PS VR kits. According to Cerny, graphics wise, the PS5 will contain a custom version of Radeon’s Navi line, which will support ray tracing, a feature that is becoming popular in movies and video games.

Moreover, the PS5 will also boast improved audio. Cerny admits that he was frustrated when the PS4’s audio didn’t change too much compared to that of the PS3’s. However, the lead architect revealed that the PS5’s AMD chip will enable 3D audio, which Cerny believes is an important factor for true immersion.

As of the moment, Cerny did not share any specific details on matters regarding the PS5’s software, or the services that it might offer players, given that he only focused on the console’s hardware. Up until now, it is unclear what Sony is planning to do to fully reveal the next-generation PlayStation console. Traditionally, a full unveiling is done at E3, but given Sony’s announcement that it will be skipping E3 this year, it is likely that the company will opt to make a full-reveal on the PlayStation Experience event, or during its next State of Play Livestream.

While some analysts believe that the next-generation PlayStation and Xbox will be the last consoles ever, it seems that Sony is adamant in ensuring that the PS5 will come out strong once it is released. Although the PS5 is definitely beefier than its predecessor hardware-wise, it is exciting to know how Sony will improve its software and services, given that the looming threat of video game streaming is already on the horizon.

Source:
https://gamerant.com/ps5-announcement-details-features/?utm_source=Game+Rant+Subscribers&utm_campaign=6228bdc449-MAILCHIMP_RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a6154d1abe-6228bdc449-157125833&mc_cid=6228bdc449&mc_eid=06fe938a07

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 07:33:50 PM »

Interesting. I've been thinking about getting another PS4 for a while now, but I may want to wait till the PS5 comes out (or maybe not). I like that the PS5 has a SSD included, that is a good addition.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 07:50:51 PM »

Interesting. I've been thinking about getting another PS4 for a while now, but I may want to wait till the PS5 comes out (or maybe not). I like that the PS5 has a SSD included, that is a good addition.
"Another" PS4? Why would you need more than one?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 07:52:29 PM »

Well, I have an Xbox One Elite with an SSD and and XBox one X with a 1TB SSD

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 07:59:42 PM »

Because I need my own. The one I have now is shared between two people, and when we both want to play the same game at the same time it doesn't work so well.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 08:06:55 PM »

Well, I have an Xbox One Elite with an SSD and and XBox one X with a 1TB SSD
See, this is why I don't like hardcore gamers. They're just greedy!

Because I need my own. The one I have now is shared between two people, and when we both want to play the same game at the same time it doesn't work so well.
Ah. Makes sense. Had the same issue with my olde brother when I was growing up. Although, personally, I would wait before getting a PS5. Every new console inevitably has issues and bugs when they are first released. It's usually about a year in that the console operates the way it was intended. I didn't get my PS4 until 4 years after it launched. Plus, by that time, there was a nice back catalogue of games for meto choose from.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »

See, this is why I don't like hardcore gamers. They're just greedy!

Also have a PS4, a Switch, WiiU, 2 360s, a PS3, etc. And the wife has an Xbox One X as well.  Wink

What can I say, we both love to game, it's our home away from home and is really calming and relaxing at times.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 08:42:57 PM »

Also have a PS4, a Switch, WiiU, 2 360s, a PS3, etc. And the wife has an Xbox One X as well.  Wink
Like I said. Greedy!  Tongue Grin

What can I say, we both love to game, it's our home away from home and is really calming and relaxing at times.
Yep.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 01:52:56 PM »

Not going to lie though. Being married to a fellow gamer does get expensive.  After I preordered my One X and it arrived, the wife didn't have enough for hers so I paid for hers too. This is a problem that I rather have than marrying a non-gamer who will complain about my gaming habits. Likewise, she's bought both of us games that we've wanted.  Case in point, she bought the Division 2 for me, just because. 

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 05:32:41 AM »

Ah. Makes sense. Had the same issue with my olde brother when I was growing up. Although, personally, I would wait before getting a PS5. Every new console inevitably has issues and bugs when they are first released. It's usually about a year in that the console operates the way it was intended. I didn't get my PS4 until 4 years after it launched. Plus, by that time, there was a nice back catalogue of games for meto choose from.

I don't know that I will even get a PS5 after it is released. However, if I wait for the release, the chance of me getting a PS4 for a lot cheaper jumps exponentially. Wink

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 05:40:37 AM »

I just bought my first PS4...Oh well, that is what I get for being a casual gamer...

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 05:42:27 AM »

I just bought my first PS4...Oh well, that is what I get for being a casual gamer...

I don't really expect PlayStation to stop updating PS4 when the PS5 comes out. At least not for a while, and the PS5 isn't coming out for a while yet, so I wouldn't be too bummed. Wink

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 06:58:20 PM »

Not really. PS5 won't be out for at least another couple years. in the meantime, there are loads of great games on PS4 to keep you occupied. I'm a casual gamer too and only got my PS4 two years ago. If and when I do get a PS5, it probably won't be until 3 or 4 years after it's been launched.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: