Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from the Land of Beer and Cheese  (Read 3248 times)
DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« on: April 17, 2019, 06:26:32 PM »

Greetings!  Wanted to say hi and introduce myself.  I currently live in Wisconsin, but spent much of my youth traveling across most of the United States.  I worked for Universal Studios, trained with world renown stunt coordinators, and even was involved behind and in front of the camera in some low and big budget films.  For years my family and friends have wanted to do something Star Wars related, and even did a test shot with my 3 year old son at one point.  Now, the wife will be getting her first saber, and my 7 year old is waiting patiently till he has learned enough control to get one of his own. 
I know that the members of this group are spread to the corners of our Universe, but I'm hoping to find others that are close enough that we can meet up and help train ourselves or at least talk shop.  I will be working with a local Nerf group on May 4th and shooting a Star Wars inspired video and hope to be able to share it here.  You'll laugh.  You'll cry.  You'll hang your head in shame over the bad jokes. 

May your saber always be within your reach, and your opponent's luck and skill be less than your own.
Current Sabers:
Spectre - Violet Amethyst
Initiate V4 - Sunrider's Destiny
Dark Apprentice V4 LE- Blazing Red
Sentinel V4 LE - Guardian Blue
Dark Sentinel V4 - Sunrider's Destiny
Chosen One v3 - Consular Green

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »

Hello and welcome to the group, DCE.  Congrats to your wife on getting her first saber. Does that mean that you already have one or more?  If so, what do you have and what's your wife getting?

So you're a stunt coordinator huh?  Really cool

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 11:57:03 AM »

I'm getting the Spector, but have a few props that I've built and used for scenes in projects I"ve worked with.  I used to be very active in stunt and weapons work, but 10 years ago I broke my lower back and have been trying to just get thru the pain of walking.  I currently work for a company that supplies force testing equipment doing their marketing videos/photos.  I know... we have a few jokes on a daily basis about that.  But, how much force to break the welds in your car, open your bottle of shampoo, peel off the lid of peanut butter is the force we deal with. 
She is getting an Initiate V4 and a mystery box.  I decided that I will be adding a Spectre to her order (if she knows it or not) to add to my other weapons, but also I would feel more confident going blade to blade with another Ultra Saber rather than my steel weapons or training/movie props.  Working out moves in the back yard is more impressive if it's "light up" blade against blade, rather than wood or green screen pvc.

May your saber always be within your reach, and your opponent's luck and skill be less than your own.
Current Sabers:

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 07:23:05 PM »

DCE, hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you and your family are saber fans. Can't wait to see your sabers. I have the Spectre. It is awesome. You've chosen well.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 07:47:11 PM »

DCE, hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you and your family are saber fans. Can't wait to see your sabers. I have the Spectre. It is awesome. You've chosen well.

What color did you go with?  I have a script that we are looking at getting into production over the next year (release May 4th, 2020) and will need a yellow blade.  I just don't think that the look and feel of the Spectre would do well with the Yellow.  Current designs is one of my prop blades and we will remove it in post and apply the yellow effect. 

Current Sabers:

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 08:22:47 PM »

Welcome! I'm new, too. Just ordered my first Saber but haven't received it yet.

I thought I'd say hi as I was born and raised in WI.  Smiley Smiley

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »

Welcome! I'm new, too. Just ordered my first Saber but haven't received it yet.

I thought I'd say hi as I was born and raised in WI.  Smiley Smiley

Hi Jillian.  It's nice that the saber community is so welcoming.  I'm guessing that you no longer live in the land that can go from 75 degrees on Friday to 14 degrees on Saturday night.

Current Sabers:

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 601

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 09:22:49 PM »

Hello and welcome to the addiction!
 Congrats on your saber purchase. We like to see pics of your sabers when you get them as saber pics are great. I'm sure your family will love their new sabers as we all do.
I have a Sentinel LE w/windows and a yellow blade and I can tell you that the yellow looks great. MTFBWY!
 PS: Not from WI but, GO Packers!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 11:43:04 PM »

Thank you.  I'm glad to hear that someone else has the yellow blade and loves it.  I also got the yellow, but my motive is for a short film that I'm working on and I needed to make sure that I have a yellow blade (crucial to the plot).  I was planning on getting the upgraded board...but that was before dinner.  Now I've been told by the wife that I am to get 4 total sabers.  And that took me back a little because I thought that the 3 year old was a bit young.  She didn't think so.  I'm still taking the blade out.  Don't need a youngling taking me out at the knees while trying to get my coffee in the morning.
I've done marketing videos, YouTube un-boxing (paid) and other multi-media promotional items that I have no doubt that there will be a family saber pic in our future when they arrive.

Hello and welcome to the addiction!
 Congrats on your saber purchase. We like to see pics of your sabers when you get them as saber pics are great. I'm sure your family will love their new sabers as we all do.
I have a Sentinel LE w/windows and a yellow blade and I can tell you that the yellow looks great. MTFBWY!
 PS: Not from WI but, GO Packers!

Current Sabers:

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 02:46:51 AM »

Welcome to the forum
Sounds like you are in the right place here

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 08:34:31 PM »

DCE, my Spectre is dark violet amethyst. It is really nice. I also have two yellow blades myself. My Raven and my Bellicose are Sentinel Yellow.  Very satisfying color on those sabers.

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 04:31:03 AM »

I admit, I placed the order with the violet, but bought the yellow as well. I couldn't choose just 1.

Current Sabers:

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 04:39:15 AM »

Welcome fellow cheesehead!  I live in the land of bbq and guns now but was born and raised in Racine.  As MavRick said GO PACKERS!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 05:02:57 AM »

Edon Bluewolf, I too am a cheesehead! Living in Min
Minnesota now, but born and raised in Milwaukee! I'm bleeding GREEN AND GOLD! GO PACK!!

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 04:41:35 AM »

Oh, I don't want to mislead. I live in Wisconsin, but I'm a Vikings fan. I'm here to help council and train all of the Packer fans with this upcoming season. See, I'm use to watching my team lose and they will need all the support they can get this and upcoming years.
In all honesty, as long as the bears or Lions don't win, I'm happy...or Tampa Bay. I could use language that would get me in trouble with the moderator if I start talking Tampa Bay.  Grin

Current Sabers:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: