Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from the Land of Beer and Cheese  (Read 3249 times)
GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 03:41:55 PM »

I'm guessing that you no longer live in the land that can go from 75 degrees on Friday to 14 degrees on Saturday night.

Ha ha!! I certainly do not miss the dramatic swings in both temperature and season.  Grin Grin Grin

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »

Nothing better than going to work in the morning in shorts and needing the sled dogs to get home.

May your saber always be within your reach, and your opponent's luck and skill be less than your own.
Current Sabers:
Spectre - Violet Amethyst
Initiate V4 - Sunrider's Destiny
Dark Apprentice V4 LE- Blazing Red
Sentinel V4 LE - Guardian Blue
Dark Sentinel V4 - Sunrider's Destiny
Chosen One v3 - Consular Green

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 01:30:45 AM »

Greetings!  Wanted to say hi and introduce myself.  I currently live in Wisconsin, but spent much of my youth traveling across most of the United States.  I worked for Universal Studios, trained with world renown stunt coordinators, and even was involved behind and in front of the camera in some low and big budget films.  For years my family and friends have wanted to do something Star Wars related, and even did a test shot with my 3 year old son at one point.  Now, the wife will be getting her first saber, and my 7 year old is waiting patiently till he has learned enough control to get one of his own. 
I know that the members of this group are spread to the corners of our Universe, but I'm hoping to find others that are close enough that we can meet up and help train ourselves or at least talk shop.  I will be working with a local Nerf group on May 4th and shooting a Star Wars inspired video and hope to be able to share it here.  You'll laugh.  You'll cry.  You'll hang your head in shame over the bad jokes. 

Hello and Welcome! I would love to see some of your film work at some point. Cheesy

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 05:25:06 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis, DCE Digital Studio!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith, DCE Digital Studio)

DCE Digital Studio, Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(DCE Digital Studio, There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Galez j'us buti wo su Akuyi, ir galez zhol buti wo su j'us noj satyi j'us duobé, DCE Digital Studio!
(May you be one with the Force, and may it be one with you while serving you well, DCE Digital Studio!)

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 12:17:09 PM »

Thank you. I have a link to a Thundercats video that I was part of back in 2000 in the video section threads. We have a full length (30-45 min) production currently in development and hope to be releasing it next may 4th (2020). This may 4th I'm working with a local group to do a promotional video for their events. We have a short (3-5 minute)  video planned during their event and hopefully I will get this order in time to help reduce some of my editing time. When that one is done I will share their link.
So far every interaction I've had with either the company employees or the those on this forum have been the best. We are for sure an Ultrasabers family for life. The wife is already picking out her next blades (fulcrum and lost gray) and my sons are going to lose it when they see their surprise. The kids dont know we ordered sabers, let alone 1 for each of them.

May your saber always be within your reach, and your opponent's luck and skill be less than your own.
Current Sabers:

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »

Hey DCE, just a side note on the yellow saber.
IMO: the warm colors yellow, orange and red look better (more true to color) with the standard (silver) blades than they do in the ultra-edge (white) blades.
Because the UE blades tend to give the warm colors a cream sickle look. So if you get one of each type you can try both to see which one you like best. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »

Thanks for the info. I did not get any standard blades. I did get a grab bag so maybe? I do plan on pushing a blade to its limit to record how much force it can truly handle. Then I'll replace it with a regular blade to see the difference.

Current Sabers:

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 11:26:47 PM »

Welcome to the forum Smiley Looking forward to seeing what you make of your 'sabre - and how it looks on film!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

DCE Digital Studio
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 08:17:35 PM »

Thank you.  I can't wait for it to arrive.  Every hour I seem to check the status to see if it has shipped yet or not.  I'm hoping that I can get them here before next Saturday so we can use them in the May 4th video that I'm scheduled for.  But, sometimes I just need to sit back and let fate decide.

Welcome to the forum Smiley Looking forward to seeing what you make of your 'sabre - and how it looks on film!

Current Sabers:

Wamp Rat
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2020, 12:45:33 AM »

Hi DCE. I'm also living here in the Frozen Tundra that is Wisconsin and before I worked as a LEO I worked in commercial photography. So I would very interested in seeing your final product. Please keep us posted.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: