Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: New Tsuba pictures  (Read 13287 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »

I received my tsuba yesterday from (I think it's okay) TCCS. Most of my US blades won't fit. Is that normal?

Always try to do what is right.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2019, 06:12:55 PM »

I thought you specifically would like this. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so please do! When it came I was surprised how much I liked it. Black sabers are more my thing, but this Azure Dorinian is really nice.

I'll post my version soon, at least the empty hilt as I am still waiting on the blue lit switch from TCSS to complete the install.

I received my tsuba yesterday from (I think it's okay) TCCS. Most of my US blades won't fit. Is that normal?

That is kinda weird but not sure, I'll check mine when I get home and let you know as I have been putting it between the emitter and hilt like Kaiser's pic below.  Not sure if I actually tried to pass the blade completely through or not.  Did you get the MHSv1 or MHSv2 tsuba?

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2019, 06:16:45 PM »

I got two from TCSS. One of the tsubas fit perfectly.  The other one was  too tight. I just used sand paper on the tight one. A couple passes around the inside and it fit perfectly too. I would give that a try. Just go lightly. Aluminum sands away really quick. A little goes a long way and a snug fit is better then a loose fit.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2019, 06:19:13 PM »

I'll post my version soon, at least the empty hilt as I am still waiting on the blue lit switch from TCSS to complete the install.
I'm looking forward to that!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2019, 08:20:05 PM »

I have had a TCSS emitter that was to tight for US blades until it was sanded down.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »

I have had a TCSS emitter that was to tight for US blades until it was sanded down.

I'm using this with the Manticore between the hilt and emitter.  But most of the LEDs modules from Ultrasabers are not actually locked down. The blade is what holds the module in place in the hilts I have.  So if the blades doesn't completely pass through the tsuba you can here the LED clanging around. This can't be good for the LED being so loose.

TCCS said to sand the blades.  Which is best, sanding the blades a bit or tsuba?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »

I'm using this with the Manticore between the hilt and emitter.  But most of the LEDs modules from Ultrasabers are not actually locked down. The blade is what holds the module in place in the hilts I have.  So if the blades doesn't completely pass through the tsuba you can here the LED clanging around. This can't be good for the LED being so loose.

TCCS said to sand the blades.  Which is best, sanding the blades a bit or tsuba?
I sanded the blade, but since aluminum is a pretty soft metal I guess you could do it either way. Just make sure if you do the emitter that you leave it smooth on the inside.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2019, 09:32:07 PM »

I like to switch blade lengths pretty frequently.  So sanding the blade didn't work for me. To much work and then those blades would only be used in that one saber. I sanded the inside of the tsuba so any and all blades work fine.
 If you sand the blade, the depth the blade goes into the emitter and tsuba will be deeper then other emitters. Meaning the sanded area of the blade will be exposed on any other emitters. If you are only using one blade for the hilt and don't intend to change it out, then sand the blade. Sanding the blade would take seconds. 
 Sanding the inside of the tsuba might take a few moments longer. Any blade will work though, once the tsuba is sanded. It really is up to your personal preference.  I vote for sand the tsuba!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2019, 01:06:39 AM »

I just checked my Tsuba and none of my blades pass through it.  If it becomes an issue I will definitely sand the Tsuba, there is no way I am sanding my nice blades in particular.  TCSS should really fix on their end for the future instead of telling people to sand their blades IMO.  Good pointing this issue out Ken. +1

Kaiser, here is the final version I have decided on heavily influenced by this thread, thank you and your son for the great ideas!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2019, 02:23:46 AM »

I just checked my Tsuba and none of my blades pass through it.  If it becomes an issue I will definitely sand the Tsuba, there is no way I am sanding my nice blades in particular.  TCSS should really fix on their end for the future instead of telling people to sand their blades IMO.  Good pointing this issue out Ken. +1

Kaiser, here is the final version I have decided on heavily influenced by this thread, thank you and your son for the great ideas!

TCSS claims it is Ultrasabers blades and that TCSS and other blades fit. Just what they told me.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2019, 02:36:05 AM »

No worries! You have definitely add to the topic!
Your choice of emitter is awesome. It looks way better then my son's saber. I like the silver on top. It looks really good.
These count as Franken Sabers right? Should we blow up that thread with tsuba sabers?

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 02:39:25 PM »

What grit sandpaper should I use?

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2019, 08:20:06 PM »

I'm really liking this saber. Very nice indeed.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2019, 07:00:43 PM »

Here is something I tried.  Maticore with the Menace SE Emitter.

Let me what you think.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WpsxnepS2p3wNxHWA

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2019, 04:08:46 PM »

Here is something I tried.  Maticore with the Menace SE Emitter.

Let me what you think.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WpsxnepS2p3wNxHWA
Looks pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: