Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: New Tsuba pictures  (Read 13293 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 01:29:18 PM »

Mmmm...did not consider this combination.  Now you have me plotting here.  I have a Manticore CE and this would be a great asset to add to it.  Excellent pics and thanks for sharing!  Have a darkside point!
Thank you for the point! You should definitely do this to your Manticore.  It is literally my favorite saber now. I have only had it two days and it wasn't even a competition.  My diamond guardian and dark war glaive are going to start collecting dusty.
That looks nice; where is the tsuba come from?
I picked up the tsuba from T.C.S.S. ( the custom saber shop). Just google and it should pop up.
For ultrasabers you want the version one parts. V1 tsuba "adaptor".

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 04:19:49 AM »

KS, I agree your Manticore looks amazing with the Tsuba, I was looking for something to spice up my Dark Arbiter and since TCSS is having a rare 20% off May4 special, I pulled the trigger on this less than a minute after I saw your thread!  I rarely make impulse buys but your pics and the sale were too hard to resist.  Thanks for sharing this great idea.  Wink point!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2019, 05:45:32 AM »

KS, I agree your Manticore looks amazing with the Tsuba, I was looking for something to spice up my Dark Arbiter and since TCSS is having a rare 20% off May4 special, I pulled the trigger on this less than a minute after I saw your thread!  I rarely make impulse buys but your pics and the sale were too hard to resist.  Thanks for sharing this great idea.  Wink point!
Damn, I guess I need to get on their email list. I had no idea. And I just spent a good amount there a week ago.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »

They are pretty bad about advertising.  What I did was I joined their forum and subscribed to their thread called "Official Store News", that is where they post sales and new inventory so I get email notifications that way.  Just from their main website, you wouldn't know if there was a sale or not.  Don't know why they do it like this.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 07:37:53 PM »

They are pretty bad about advertising.  What I did was I joined their forum and subscribed to their thread called "Official Store News", that is where they post sales and new inventory so I get email notifications that way.  Just from their main website, you wouldn't know if there was a sale or not.  Don't know why they do it like this.
Oh OK, I'm on the forum but haven't look at it in a done no how long.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 12:33:08 PM »

Thank you for the point! You should definitely do this to your Manticore.  It is literally my favorite saber now. I have only had it two days and it wasn't even a competition.  My diamond guardian and dark war glaive are going to start collecting dusty. I picked up the tsuba from T.C.S.S. ( the custom saber shop). Just google and it should pop up.
For ultrasabers you want the version one parts. V1 tsuba "adaptor".

I'm lookat at the non-CE Manticore. That is the one with the black body.  I wonder if this tsuba will match the plating/anodizing on the Manticore or look too very different and shiny?

Always try to do what is right.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 10:14:00 PM »

So I like the Manticore and the tsuba. The Manticore emitter is a little big for my tastes though.  So when TCSS offered a 3.5 instead of the 3 inch tsuba I have, I thought that might help.  Here are some comparison photos.

One on top of the other...

The larger size helped but I still don't like the look. It is to tall for my liking.

The weight of the emitter also throws off the balance of the blade. I really don't like that, so back to the drawing board.
My next idea was simple. Find a shorter emitter somewhere, anywhere.  I didn't like the look of, or height of any emitters out there and was at a loss.
 Until I realized an old pummel i have might work.  The most basic of sound pummels that Ultrasabers sells is what I used.  The basic pummel with the big hole in the bottom. I did not use it as a pummel because I was worried about damage to the speaker.  Now I found a great use for it. The hole is big enough to hold a blade  and the threads match. All I needed to do was drill a blade retention screw hole (or three). I used a 5/32 drill bit and put the blade retention screws in place to tap the holes. It worked great. I like the look of it and the balance is nearly perfect.

Here is the 3inch tsuba.

Here is the 3.5inch tsuba.

The look and feel are much closer to what I wanted from the beginning. The whole saber is much lighter and easier to wield. Couldn't be happier with it! I have also ordered the metal tsuba that the Saber Legion offers.  Their tsuba attaches to the blade like the older 3D printed tsubas I have.  I am hoping it will work well with my dark war glaive. That is still a beloved saber too.  I'll post more pictures when I get that in hand.
 Anyone with a tsubas of their own, feel free to add your pictures too.  I would love to see all the options that are out there.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 11:08:06 AM »

Looking good there, Kaiser.  I saw the new 3.5" tsuba myself and will buy at least one of each.  Thank you for the comparison and trying out the basic sound pommel with it.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 12:21:22 AM »

Today I got this in the mail. Now I just need to paint it.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2019, 03:14:58 AM »

Is the aluminum or steel? How heavy is it?

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2019, 03:44:47 AM »

Is the aluminum or steel? How heavy is it?

It is not magnetic so I'm guessing aluminum.  The weight is 2.63oz.
This is the one I ordered from the Saber Legion website. It works great for my war glaive.  I like the emitter but the screw on tsuba adapter from TCSS looked bad on it. This tsuba is perfect for it. It is a good option if you want a tsuba but don't want to change your saber around.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2019, 03:51:33 AM »

Yeah I see that, pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2019, 11:45:40 PM »

This is my son's new saber. It just arrived today. 
Another saber that looks great with a tsuba.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2019, 06:41:20 AM »

Your son has great taste! I may have to copy this.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 07:23:30 AM »

Your son has great taste! I may have to copy this.
I thought you specifically would like this. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so please do! When it came I was surprised how much I liked it. Black sabers are more my thing, but this Azure Dorinian is really nice.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: