Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Black Series Trooper Helmet Mod  (Read 4271 times)
richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« on: April 19, 2019, 09:42:09 AM »

The helmet for the price isn't bad. It will make a nice shelf piece. However, the interior was laughable. I guess you get what you pay for ($75).

So I removed the useless head strap inside and added some padding using velcro for easy removal. Helmet is much more comfortable and with other pads you can adjust the fit.

About a $20 upgrade.

Origina strps on the left (awful).

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 10:06:52 AM »

Hi richmbailey,

Nice modifications, those straps are useless for getting a good fit. I remember getting a flak helmet that came with a soldier's camouflage playsuit as a kid and it had the exact same type of straps inside (and I'm over 40 now).

A friend of mine recently got a Lord Starkiller helmet and had the same problems as you had and I suggested that he buy some replacement ear pads for "over-the-ear" headphones to cushion the helmet. He got some and said they worked perfectly. The pads helped hold the helmet in the right position for his vision out (Starkiller's helmet is notorious for being difficult to see out of due to slipping) but also had the holes to allow sound to pass through.

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 05:48:57 PM »

Hi richmbailey,

Nice modifications, those straps are useless for getting a good fit. I remember getting a flak helmet that came with a soldier's camouflage playsuit as a kid and it had the exact same type of straps inside (and I'm over 40 now).

A friend of mine recently got a Lord Starkiller helmet and had the same problems as you had and I suggested that he buy some replacement ear pads for "over-the-ear" headphones to cushion the helmet. He got some and said they worked perfectly. The pads helped hold the helmet in the right position for his vision out (Starkiller's helmet is notorious for being difficult to see out of due to slipping) but also had the holes to allow sound to pass through.

Good idea. I don't ever attend to go trooping with this helmet, but my son likes to put it on and with the pads being velcroed in, I can change them out for larger ones or smaller ones to adjust for head size.

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!