Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Introductory Post  (Read 1348 times)
Darth Setwas
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: April 24, 2019, 05:02:48 AM »

For over thirty years I have been breaking plastic toy lightsabers. First with my peers, then with kids of my own. That is just how things went; you beat them until they break, then get a new one.

I just found out about dueling sabers about three days before placing my first order. We are so excited for our first sabers and hope that we have a good chance at the raffle, as well. This is going to be our #1 hobby for many years to come.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 04:18:02 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I know exactly how you feel. But, you've come to the right place. Which sabers did you order? Be sure to take pictures or videos. We love watching them.  Happy sabering.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Darth Setwas
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 07:20:52 PM »

Thank you for the greetings, and thank you for asking.

For my wife, I ordered an Azure Reaper with a silver blade. She is in love with the picture and very excited for its arrival. For my two kids, we went a little more mild until they are trained and their dedication to a more expensive saber is proven. So my daughter wanted the Dark Sentinel LE V5 in blue, and my son is getting the Dark Initiate LE V4 in blazing orange.

As for me, I have not made up my mind yet. What career did I want? Easy. Love it. Getting married? Easy. We're perfect for each other. But what saber do I want? Whoa! That's an important and lifelong decision!

To be honest, I am hoping that we win the raffle. But I am torn between the Renegade, the Butcher, or something that I can mix and match pommels and emitters.

I look forward to being a regular around the saber world.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »

Welcome to the forum Smiley

When it comes to mixing and matching, I like the Overlord - not especially a fan of the default emitter and pommel, but it makes a great test bed for other parts.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 11:54:19 PM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith, Lord Setwas!!!)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions, Lord Setwas. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction, Lord Setwas!)

Stai ai tu'iea karuvis Jen' Garthaz sorms kia itik j'us pradme kalv tave tik tiesa qo!
(Here's your first Dark Side point to get you started down the only true path, Lord Setwas!)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 02:54:29 AM »

Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you may have found the right place

Darth Setwas
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 03:30:28 AM »

Therion Jinn, it would certainly seem so. Sneaking downstairs to stay up late to watch the trilogy, recorded off of Showtime on my dad's Beta-max. SO very many Star Wars toys. Using flashlights and a spare metal pipe from a construction site as a lightsaber. Making certain my kids were teenagers before they get to see the prequel trilogy. Being told "You can't be a Jedi. You're a girl." Well, no problem. The dark side is more fun.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 08:42:19 PM »

great news is, these sabers will survive your kids.
bad news, your insurance don't cover saber damage caused by kids. lol
 welcome to the party!

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 01:42:59 PM »

Congrats and welcome to the forum, family and addiction!  Grin

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 05:10:20 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 03:41:43 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, Darth Setwas. Intersting name, any story on how you've obtained this name?  Moving from plastic toys to actual sabers is a huge upgrade, you'll never go back and you can't get enough of them.  Welcome to the addiction

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 07:38:33 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »

Welcome. I am fairly new as well. Oh and also from Florida, Palm Beach area.

Always try to do what is right.

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 04:28:49 PM »

I'm so happy for you and the kids, I suggest you buy your self a saber with diamond control and if the kids are young you can give stunts. I fight with my daughter all the time we have a ball🤣

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: