Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Renegade Cross-guard Question  (Read 845 times)
Darth Setwas
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: April 24, 2019, 07:02:17 PM »

Bear with me, as I am brand new.

I was looking at a Renegade, with the lower profile pommel. Everything about it is my favorite. My favorite pommel (the low profile), my favorite hilt, my favorite emitters. I saw on the video how those beautiful emitters will unscrew above the T-shaped piece that is the cross-guard. But I would also like to use the same saber for single blade dueling, as well, if possible. Like I said, all of my favorite components.

Is it possible to unscrew the cross-guard and screw the emitter directly into the hilt? Would the blade still light? Basically, where are the LEDs; in the hilt or the cross-guard?

If not, would it still work by unscrewing the quillion (sp?) emitters and screwing end caps into those sockets?

Thank you for your time. I love your sabers.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 07:23:13 PM »

AFAIK all of the LEDs are in the T-shaped piece, so unscrewing the whole thing is impossible. I think you can unscrew both cross-guard emitters, though.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 03:46:46 PM »

As a member of the forum who owns the Renegade LE, I will say no you can not take the side make it into a single bladed weapon, in fact, doing so will void your warrenty. All 3 emitters are MHS compatible. If you really want to use the Renegade LE as a single bladed lightsaber, you will still have the LED in the side blades lit, but you can use blade plugs instead of actually blades to give you a single blade effect.

I hope that answers your question.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Setwas
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 12:51:56 AM »

Thank you both. That answered my question perfectly and helped me make up my mind. I have since ordered one, by the way.

Pidgey104
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 10:46:08 PM »

yea what ever you do do not unscrew the T part you first have to take the leds from the sides off then unstick the wires from the inside wall. if not you twist and break the wires.Bought a broken one and thats what they did.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: