Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with building a saber  (Read 1090 times)
YoYo
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

126,821,491,079th Human to be born

« on: April 25, 2019, 08:16:24 AM »

My question is, how could i make a detachable blade? While i haven't built the hilt just yet, i know the exact materials i'm going to need and how to use them, but i'm still stuck on how to make the detachable blade, how will i attach it, how do i make sure it stays in? etc. Idk if it helps but the emitter kind of looks like Darth Vader's / Anakin's Ep2 lightsaber's emitter.

Saber Arsenal: None so far, i'm going to get 4 mystery boxes in a couple of months or so

Saber Wishlist: Archon V3.1, Graflex SE, Chosen One SE, The Guardian, Electrum Wind, Spectre, Dark Sentinel v5

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 05:44:18 PM »

You're going to get the Graflex/Chosen One from Ultrasabers, right? And you want to build it as a DIY project?
Then the hilt is ready for any of the Ultrasabers blades. Both sabers have a so-called blade holder which can be detached by looseing the retention screw on the hilt and sliding out the blade holder. It has retention screws as well, so it's the same procedure - loosen the screws, slide the blade in (let it protrude a few inches at the holder's bottom), tighten the screws.
The put the blade holder back in, tighten the screw on the hilt and your blade is attached. If you notice a rattle of the LED, the blade doesn't hold it down properly. Just let the blade protrude a few inches more and try again.

If it's a non-Ultrasabers hilt, you still need at least one retention screw on the hilt a few inches above the LED to secure the blade. And the emitter has to be 1" in diameter to fit an Ultrasabers blade.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 08:16:17 PM »

Doesn't sound like he is modifying a US hilt but making his own.

The blade retention will probably be the easiest thing to make in the build. The blade just gets held on by a retention screw.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

YoYo
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

126,821,491,079th Human to be born

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 12:42:29 AM »

All right, after exchanging some ideas i have an exact idea on what i'd need to make a hilt and a detachable blade, though i probably won't be able to for a while, since i'm going to need some threading tools among others. Anyway, as soon as my lightsaber is completed i'll post a pic (in however long that may be)

Saber Arsenal: None so far, i'm going to get 4 mystery boxes in a couple of months or so

Saber Wishlist: Archon V3.1, Graflex SE, Chosen One SE, The Guardian, Electrum Wind, Spectre, Dark Sentinel v5

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: