Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Old school Star Wars games  (Read 2842 times)
jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« on: April 26, 2019, 09:42:32 PM »

Who else remembers these??  Cheesy Cheesy

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 09:56:18 PM »

Yeah, those were great, had fun with them.  Smiley Point to you for sharing. Most all of the Star Wars games that I play now are on my PS2.  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/sd and silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebie)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (freebie)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd and

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 10:15:13 PM »

Hello Jillian, yes I remember those games. I didn't own them personally but my mate had a Ninendo system so I spent a lot of time round his place playing them (as well as wrestling games). I do however own an old retro gaming device, the SEGA Game Gear and I have the Star Wars ANH game for it. A classic and it was in colour on a handheld console! Here is my prized Game Gear and SW cartridge resting on my laptop with a slightly newer game I have to install...

p.s. that's me on my laptop screen  Cheesy

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 10:21:12 PM »

I do however own an old retro gaming device, the SEGA Game Gear and I have the Star Wars ANH game for it. A classic and it was in colour on a handheld console! Here is my prized Game Gear and SW cartridge resting on my laptop with a slightly newer game I have to install...

Wow!! I had a friend who had one of these back in the day. I was super jealous. Amazing to see one still in action! Cheesy

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 10:33:02 PM »

Hi Jillian,

Yes thanks, I seem to be fortunate as I have seen many reports of Game Gears having blown screens and there is a capacitor inside that usually fails but somehow this one still fires up. It does however eat up battery power but I use a DC power adaptor.
I have the old television tuner cartridge as well which turned the console into a TV...pretty much useless now everything has gone digital but it was neat back in the day watching Jaws the movie on it. I just keep the tuner as a novelty/museum piece.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 10:54:02 PM »

Aaaaaaah For you got KOTOR! I’m going through withdrawals with my laptop broken. I have on my phone but I can’t play the restored content cut ending I was doing from the mobile versions  Sad

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 11:00:34 PM »

Aaaaaaah For you got KOTOR! I’m going through withdrawals with my laptop broken. I have on my phone but I can’t play the restored content cut ending I was doing from the mobile versions  Sad

Er, yes I have KOTOR but embarrassingly I still have to install it as I'm not 100% certain how to do the mods to the config files and how to run the game in Administration Rights/Backward compatibility mode. I looked up YT videos and each one had a different method  Undecided

About the only good thing is that the game only cost me 25cents (20pence) from a thrift store and all four discs were in the box and in good condition!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 11:29:55 PM »

Er, yes I have KOTOR but embarrassingly I still have to install it as I'm not 100% certain how to do the mods to the config files and how to run the game in Administration Rights/Backward compatibility mode. I looked up YT videos and each one had a different method  Undecided

About the only good thing is that the game only cost me 25cents (20pence) from a thrift store and all four discs were in the box and in good condition!
The first game is fine without mods as long as you don’t play Darkside Female (because the vanilla ending they put instead for it is awful!). It’s the second one you have to deal with mods for. Xbox modding is more trouble than its worth. When you get the second, go PC.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 11:38:21 PM »

The first game is fine without mods as long as you don’t play Darkside Female (because the vanilla ending they put instead for it is awful!).

Ah Ok, I thought I needed the hacks to prevent the lockup on the start menu and to play in full screen mode. I will install it again and let you know if it worked as a clean install.
I just saw some of those nice screenshots and wanted full sized access to them.

And speaking of screenshots I'll send you a couple via PM in a minute  or so. Hope you like!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 11:41:23 PM »

Ah Ok, I thought I needed the hacks to prevent the lockup on the start menu and to play in full screen mode. I will install it again and let you know if it worked as a clean install.
I just saw some of those nice screenshots and wanted full sized access to them.

And speaking of screenshots I'll send you a couple via PM in a minute  or so. Hope you like!

The lockup you’re referring to has to do with adjusting the graphics settings in the game settings menu if it’s PC. Otherwise it occasionally locks up and minimizes especially in cutscenes

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 11:48:04 PM »

The lockup you’re referring to has to do with adjusting the graphics settings in the game settings menu if it’s PC. Otherwise it occasionally locks up and minimizes especially in cutscenes

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely re-install it tomorrow and see how I get on (It's getting late here tonight to start setting it up.) I did see the Ebon Hawk when I did try installing before so that's good!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 11:57:54 PM »

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely re-install it tomorrow and see how I get on (It's getting late here tonight to start setting it up.) I did see the Ebon Hawk when I did try installing before so that's good!

I’ll see if I can find the written instructions for the settings.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 12:04:13 AM »

I’ll see if I can find the written instructions for the settings.

Thanks once more but if you can't find them it's ok, I do have the printed manual to work from. It was just the extra setting tweaks I was trying that caused me issues.

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 09:32:17 PM »

How could I forget! Good times!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: