Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Phoenix Fan Fusion 2019  (Read 7375 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« on: May 02, 2019, 11:29:53 PM »

I will be at Phoenix Fan Fusion all four days (May 23-26), and I hope to be adding to my UltraSabers collection while I'm there.  Besides US staff, who else will be there?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 01:14:33 AM »

-- <crickets> --

Apparently, I'll be the only SaberForum member at Phoenix Fan Fusion who isn't working the UltraSabers booth.  Well, THAT is going to be a bit of a bummer.  Sad

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:44:43 AM »

I *really* want to go to this. But.... I'm just not sure I can make it there. I'll keep trying!! Those pesky jobs 😁😁

Sent using Tapatalk

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 03:02:03 AM »

I requested the days off from work back in August.   Cool

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 06:56:24 AM »

Some pics before the crowds arrived (ah, the benefits of the Exhibitor pass!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jillian
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 03:10:56 PM »

Is there a drool emoji???  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 07:48:28 PM »

🤤

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 12:29:04 AM »

I want to stand in front of this stand one day.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 01:52:40 AM »

Great pictures, Cyclops!  I hope to meet them all at a con one day myself but I may have to drive down to Houston for it unless they go to cons here in the DFW

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 01:36:44 AM »

Very nice. Anything note worthy new besides the Grandmaster, Savior, and Butcher? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 03:14:50 PM »

Nothing new, but I was amazed at how light the Grand Master felt. 

The Scorpion was much more massive (as compared to both the Grand Master and my expectations), and given my beginner status, that extra mass and length outweighed the “sexiness” of the design for me at this stage, and I decided not to buy the Scorpion (at least for now).

I agreed with several other people here who have said that the claws on the (Dark) Initiate v5 and the Aeon/Dominix v5 feel too sharp for comfort based on where I would grasp the hilt, so I decided not to buy any of these, either.

The (Dark) Apprentice v5 and the (Dark) Sentinel v5 models feel as good as they look, and the various Menace models, the Consular, the Manticore, the Electrum Wind, the Emperor’s Hand, the Spectre (both with and without the engraving), and the Grand Master all looked wonderful— so wonderful that I couldn’t make up my mind. 😧  Too many BEAUTIFUL choices!

In short, I bought a 24” HG blade and a circle plug for my Aeon LE v3, and decided to wait to buy my Diamond saber until I could make a decision.   I didn’t want to rush into a decision because of the limited time available to me at the convention (remember that I was actually working a booth) and then wish later that I’d bought a different saber.  I can now sit and ponder at my leisure, and order from the website when I’m (more) certain what I want.

I also want to point out that, as good as the pictures on the website are, they really don’t do the sabers justice; they look even better in person than they do in those professionally-staged photos.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 11:43:28 PM »

Below is a shirt I bought from the official Phoenix Fan Fusion swag booth, which was DIRECTLY across the aisle from the UltraSabers booth. Since it was sabers surrounded by the outline of the state of Arizona, I couldn't resist.  Points to those who can help me identify, both by UltraSabers model name and by the inspiring wielder (including name and movie/book/comic/game/etc.) for each of the sabers on the shirt!

jillian
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 11:53:06 PM »

That is an awesome shirt!! With just a hint of Pride, too.

The right most one is the Dorinian, or Mace Windu's from TPM. Wink

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 11:56:20 PM »

I’m on Tapatalk now, so point incoming, not yet there.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 01:18:54 AM »

Hi Cyclops942,

Yes that's a great shirt, I wonder if it is available with the outline of the UK on it!

Regards the hilts as far as I know they are from left to right (starting with the red blade)

1) The Chosen One _Darth Vader - Star Wars Ep.4

2) The Consular_Qui-Gon Jinn - The Phantom Menace

3)  Shaak-Ti or Adi Galia - The Clone Wars - No current Ultrasaber model. (I think the closest US hilt would be a Shock)

4) Archon 3.1_Luke Skywalker - The Return of the Jedi - The Last Jedi

5) Obi-Wan Kenobi - Episode 3 and Star Wars (Ep.4) - No current US model, though some folks modify Archons.

6) The Dorinian_Plo Koon - The Clone Wars and Prequel Trilogy. Plo Koon is a member of the Kel Dor species - hence I suspect US named the hilt DORinian. (As Jillian mentioned for a short time Mace Windu also used a similar hilt owned by Eeth Koth)

I hope this helps.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: