Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Image posting: specifically, Imgur's TOS  (Read 1967 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« on: May 08, 2019, 12:32:21 AM »

I noticed that I can't seem to post images from either Dropbox or iCloud, with or without the 's' after http, so I figured I was stuck with signing up for an Imgur account.  As I was reading the Terms of Service (TOS), I saw this little gem:
  • Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.
So... how is it that so many folks here are putting their images on Imgur, linking to them from here, and getting away with it?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:11:23 AM »

Has anyone told reddit about this?  Cheesy

I highly doubt Imgur cares about people posting images on message boards. That's why they provide the BB code to do exactly that.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »

Has anyone told reddit about this?  Cheesy

I highly doubt Imgur cares about people posting images on message boards. That's why they provide the BB code to do exactly that.
Oh, I agree, it makes no sense to me, either, and I was also thinking of Reddit, but... their ToS clearly state that this isn't allowed, and yet they seem to encourage doing exactly what they say they don't allow.

I'm so confused... Huh

I guess I'll just create my Imgur account and start posting, and let them worry about their rules.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 04:31:22 PM »

Imgur doesn't care if we use their site as a image hosting server

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 07:37:16 PM »

Imgur doesn't care if we use their site as a image hosting server
And, as you can tell from my updated avatar, I have bowed to the inevitable, quieted the cognitive dissonance, and created an Imgur account.

Thanks to all who contributed to the discussion.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 09:23:10 AM »

And, as you can tell from my updated avatar, I have bowed to the inevitable, quieted the cognitive dissonance, and created an Imgur account.

Thanks to all who contributed to the discussion.

LOL, welcome to the Dark Side!  Cool When you reach Lt. Commander you will be able to upload your avatar to your forum account so you won't need to link off-site.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: