Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond controller keep going to white  (Read 5435 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« on: May 08, 2019, 12:55:57 PM »

This has happened several times, but I can't narrow down when or what specific actions. While dueling, either lightly or something with more contact, occasionally the blade changes to white and stays that way. The Hum or Idle is red and the white shouldn't even be on yet that is the blade color, sometimes.

Has anyone else see this?

Always try to do what is right.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 11:22:19 PM »

It sometimes happens to mine when the battery is low. Used to happen when the board was in need of repairs too, the red LED specifically would go out. Sound and illuminatedAV stayed on though. If you can whack it a few times and it comes back, it’s a board issue and you should probably send for repairs (if it’s still under warranty, there is no charge). If it happens after a while in use, it’s probsbly telling you to charge. You can change when this kicks in using the Ultrasabers launcher when you’re programming your saber

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 11:51:41 PM »

It sometimes happens to mine when the battery is low. Used to happen when the board was in need of repairs too, the red LED specifically would go out. Sound and illuminatedAV stayed on though. If you can whack it a few times and it comes back, it’s a board issue and you should probably send for repairs (if it’s still under warranty, there is no charge). If it happens after a while in use, it’s probsbly telling you to charge. You can change when this kicks in using the Ultrasabers launcher when you’re programming your saber
Light-Side Point for the simple, straightforward answer.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 11:53:03 PM »

Light-Side Point for the simple, straightforward answer.

Thank you kindly!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 11:56:27 PM »

Thank you kindly!
You're welcome; good answers are hard to come by, so I feel they should be rewarded.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 11:59:41 PM »

You're welcome; good answers are hard to come by, so I feel they should be rewarded.

A heads up, I accept both side points, but it can be seen as offensive and even malevolent to some if you award them the “wrong side.” Just letting you know, so you don’t accidentally upset any hardcore dark side users.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 04:03:20 AM »

I guess I am on a logic quest tonight cause man I am finding a lot of these troubleshooting question threads not making sense.  Right off the bat question for Ken, do you have your gestures settings turned off?  White is produced by the mixing of red,blue, and green OR by the single white LED on an RGBW setup with the red, green, and blue being off (otherwise you would not see white per say, but instead whitish red, whitish green, whitish blue, you get what I mean).  Second question for Ken, do you have an RGBW set up or RGBA?  Lastly, what do you mean by "the white shouldn't even be on yet"?  Do you have a programmed action setup to produce white?

So moving on to LR's response, if turning white happened when batteries are low on your saber, then it must have been the white LED single led because it would be counterintuitive for the red green and blue LEDs to turn on and mix to white when batteries are low.  However you describe as "Sound and illuminated AV stayed on though" which gives the impression that your blade became not illuminated not necessarily white light as what Ken is describing, could you clarify?  Sending it to US for check and repairs if under warranty is an excellent suggestion, but again when I read Ken's issue, the first thing I thought was a gesture is being inadvertently triggered while dueling but am unsure.

I have an RGBA diamond saber so when the batteries go low it NEVER turns white.  The blue LED always goes out first cause it demands the most juice.  What I find interesting is that on my white with blue FOC saber, white will go out BEFORE blue.  So leads me to think white draws even more juice but not sure, (would love a resident forum sage to sweep in and answer which is the bigger juice sucker, white or blue?).  Hence my immediate sense of a logical inconsistency with a saber turning white, when battery is low.

I know this is far from simple and straightforward like Cyclops likes, but I value truth over quick and easy answers.

*** Addendum (curiosity would not let me rest regarding color vs voltage question so I found the below)

It appears both blue and white are juice suckers, hence if what Ken is seeing is white, my instincts tell me this would not be caused by low battery

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 11:02:21 PM »

So moving on to LR's response, if turning white happened when batteries are low on your saber, then it must have been the white LED single led because it would be counterintuitive for the red green and blue LEDs to turn on and mix to white when batteries are low.  However you describe as "Sound and illuminated AV stayed on though" which gives the impression that your blade became not illuminated not necessarily white light as what Ken is describing, could you clarify?  Sending it to US for check and repairs if under warranty is an excellent suggestion, but again when I read Ken's issue, the first thing I thought was a gesture is being inadvertently triggered while dueling but am unsure.

I know this is far from simple and straightforward like Cyclops likes, but I value truth over quick and easy answers.

And I prefer manners and a genuine desire to aid a person over inflated egos and seeking recognition at the expense of others.

Ken, try out suggestions and see if anything works for you. The repairmen at US are very fast and efficient, and will fix and send it back to you free of charge.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 06:24:55 AM »

I am sorry you see my answer as rude, however I don't see any words in it that show lack of manners.  And by the length of time I spent to investigate, clearly show that I do have a genuine desire to answer the question logically and both help Ken and learn from it myself. 

However your mention of inflated ego implied to me is much more clearly a reflection of lack of manners as I did not say anything personal to you to warrant that response.  So perhaps you should reflect on your own words, and not take disagreement in recommendation to a technical problem so personally.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 08:25:16 AM »

And I prefer manners and a genuine desire to aid a person over inflated egos and seeking recognition at the expense of others.

Ken, try out suggestions and see if anything works for you. The repairmen at US are very fast and efficient, and will fix and send it back to you free of charge.
Edon is trying to help just like everybody else. If he can help him without him having to send his saber back to US he would save him lost time with his saber. Keep in mind Edon didn't come up with the term simple for your answer, anther member did. I don't own a Diamond controller but from reading about them on the board I don't think they are simple. So he is just asking as many questions as he can so he help. Just because somebody may not agree with you doesn't mean they are being rude.

I'm not taking sides on who is right or wrong because I don't have a clue. I think everybody is just trying to help.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 03:15:56 PM »

I guess I am on a logic quest tonight cause man I am finding a lot of these troubleshooting question threads not making sense.  

This part specifically I believe to be the issue. It's more than a tad passive-aggressive.

As to the OP, I believe sending your saber to US for a warranty repair is your best course of action at this time.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 04:26:56 PM »

I just received it, so maybe I should send it in  Sad I hope is isn't failing already.  I'll use it a little more and see if it is predominately from strikes. Gestures are turned off and the idle blade color is Red, but the FOC is White with a bit of blue. Sometimes though, it goes to a solid white with the hum sound, again I'm sure it isn't a Gesture.  Huh

Thank you for your answers, I glade for those but concerned it going bad a few weeks in and I do try to keep the batteries charged, but the last time they ran very low the color changed to blue not white.

Always try to do what is right.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 09:44:20 AM »

I just received it, so maybe I should send it in  Sad I hope is isn't failing already.  I'll use it a little more and see if it is predominately from strikes. Gestures are turned off and the idle blade color is Red, but the FOC is White with a bit of blue. Sometimes though, it goes to a solid white with the hum sound, again I'm sure it isn't a Gesture.  Huh

Thank you for your answers, I glade for those but concerned it going bad a few weeks in and I do try to keep the batteries charged, but the last time they ran very low the color changed to blue not white.

Yeah, if you just got it, send it in. You may have gotten a bad driver or it might have been damaged in shipping.

EDIT: contact Marlena to let her know first. She’ll email you a form to print and fill with instructions

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 05:50:10 PM »

Dumb question: are you maybe hitting the on-off switch?   If Diamond works like the other controllers, tapping the momentary switch will engage clash sounds.  This would "lock" it in the flash (white) with a clash sound.

A hard hit does it sometimes as well, then you tap the switch and it stops...

Might be worth checking?

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 10:57:08 AM »

Dumb question: are you maybe hitting the on-off switch?   If Diamond works like the other controllers, tapping the momentary switch will engage clash sounds.  This would "lock" it in the flash (white) with a clash sound.

A hard hit does it sometimes as well, then you tap the switch and it stops...

Might be worth checking?

Karm makes a great point. Depending on the lockup setting you have, it could appear solid white if the flashes are rapid enough

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: