Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond controller keep going to white  (Read 5338 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »

There is nothing wrong with your saber! It is the way you set up your font. Go into the editing  program.  On your  hum color adjust menu add the color white. The one dot that appears,  move it down so white does not illuminate.  Any time your saber goes back into idle, it will see white is not supposed to illuminate and that's how it will be. White off and red on.
 So you have white on for flash on clash. There is nothing to tell it to turn off and so it stays on.
If I was using just red for my blade, I still add blue, green and white turned all the down to not illuminate.
That way any of those colors automatically turn off when it goes to idle, leaving only red at full brightness.  I hope my weak explanation made some sense.  If it didn't say so and I will post some pics to better explain it.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 07:46:37 PM »

There is nothing wrong with your saber! It is the way you set up your font. Go into the editing  program.  On your  hum color adjust menu add the color white. The one dot that appears,  move it down so white does not illuminate.  Any time your saber goes back into idle, it will see white is not supposed to illuminate and that's how it will be. White off and red on.
 So you have white on for flash on clash. There is nothing to tell it to turn off and so it stays on.
If I was using just red for my blade, I still add blue, green and white turned all the down to not illuminate.
That way any of those colors automatically turn off when it goes to idle, leaving only red at full brightness.  I hope my weak explanation made some sense.  If it didn't say so and I will post some pics to better explain it.

That could be it. I'll look in the next day or two and see.  It wasn't pink though, just a solid white but still worth looking into. Odd that if in the SW the light switch is "Off" the LED may retain last state. So really in the SW the switch must be "On" and set to zero value.  It is good to know.

Thanks,

On a different note, hehe, not too long ago I was dueling with a friend of mine. My saber kept going off and I was sure something was wrong, loose batteries, bad connection, whatever.  It wasn't until later that night did I realize I was unintentionally pressing the activation butting during the strikes.  I'm a bit more careful now where I hold the button.

Always try to do what is right.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 12:43:11 PM »

On a different note, hehe, not too long ago I was dueling with a friend of mine. My saber kept going off and I was sure something was wrong, loose batteries, bad connection, whatever.  It wasn't until later that night did I realize I was unintentionally pressing the activation butting during the strikes.  I'm a bit more careful now where I hold the button.

I think that’s happened to most people at some point lol. Had to be super careful with it at the Children’s Museum because my red blade has Arctic Blue FoC, so if I hit lockup on accident it makes a strobe effect. Didn’t need lockup causing seizures in any particularly sensitive kids.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 12:51:40 PM »

That could be it. I'll look in the next day or two and see.  It wasn't pink though, just a solid white but still worth looking into. Odd that if in the SW the light switch is "Off" the LED may retain last state. So really in the SW the switch must be "On" and set to zero value.  It is good to know.

Ken, let us know if this resolves the issue, it could be helpful to a future member to avoid having to send their saber in for "repairs" when experiencing the same issue.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 08:32:31 PM »

I think that’s happened to most people at some point lol. Had to be super careful with it at the Children’s Museum because my red blade has Arctic Blue FoC, so if I hit lockup on accident it makes a strobe effect. Didn’t need lockup causing seizures in any particularly sensitive kids.
Colors don't matter, it is the strobe effect. Also why certain video games etc can have the save effect. The refresh rate can cause the she effect.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »

Ken, let us know if this resolves the issue, it could be helpful to a future member to avoid having to send their saber in for "repairs" when experiencing the same issue.

Late to the party, as I had no clue what the cause of that issue was. Yes, that can even happen to me Grin I'm not the expert for Diamond as I don't own any diamond saber, but I know the boards quite well now...

Anyway, you received some good info from the other members, so let us know if any of those helped resolving your problem!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 03:36:38 AM »

Well it does seem that I had the White LED turned off. So it is possible that after a lockup that it remained in White. I do that that's odd, but I turned it back on and will be testing it out.

Thanks everyone.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2019, 05:12:11 AM »

Thanks for the update! Hopefully that is all it was. If not, let us know.   I am very curious what was causing the problem.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 09:13:20 AM »

I have been thinking about this and thought of something else you can check.  The light sequence for flash on clash may be longer then the sound file that accompanies it.  
   So, you can set the number of times the flash repeats itself. If the sound file you use is only .5 seconds long and you match the lights to the sounds everything is good. If you then change the repeat number to anything other then 1 they will no longer match up.  If your sound file is 2 seconds long and your light sequence is .5 seconds,  then you would change the repeat number up to 4.  The sounds match the lights. If you then change the sound file to anything else the lights might play longer then you want.
  I hope that make any sense at all! It is late right now. I just thought of it.

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2019, 12:04:47 PM »

I have been thinking about this and thought of something else you can check.  The light sequence for flash on clash may be longer then the sound file that accompanies it.  
   So, you can set the number of times the flash repeats itself. If the sound file you use is only .5 seconds long and you match the lights to the sounds everything is good. If you then change the repeat number to anything other then 1 they will no longer match up.  If your sound file is 2 seconds long and your light sequence is .5 seconds,  then you would change the repeat number up to 4.  The sounds match the lights. If you then change the sound file to anything else the lights might play longer then you want.
  I hope that make any sense at all! It is late right now. I just thought of it.

Is there an actual number you set somewhere, or does the programmed LEDs repeat until the sound file finishes?

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2019, 12:53:00 PM »

There is an actual number you can set. If you set the number too high it will play the lights long after the clash sound ends

Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2019, 01:35:54 PM »

There is an actual number you can set. If you set the number too high it will play the lights long after the clash sound ends

I fairly sure I haven't changed that, I took the standard obsidian font and just changed a few colors. However, where do you find that number? Any screen shot or pg number available? I think I missed that in the instructions.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2019, 05:34:30 PM »

It's in the effect editor, right above the colour and light effect section. It should say something like "Repeat x times" where "x" is that number KS talked about.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2019, 06:30:52 PM »

The number above the cursor arrow is what you are looking for.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2019, 07:07:37 PM »

Okay, it's "Play" then...but I was right - sort of Tongue

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: