Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Training underwater?  (Read 2247 times)
Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« on: May 08, 2019, 08:51:01 AM »

Just hear me out.
I have an empty hilt saber from lets just say, a lesser manufacturer. I've been using it under water to practice flourishes, figure 8's and Obi/Ani's. It forces me to focus on going slow and being more controlled, plus when you get out and do the same movements they feel effortless. Any one else have any unorthodox training methods?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

You can always use a heavy grade blade, that's what I do. It is important to practice the control of your speed. 

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 03:03:36 AM »

Hey Bob, if its working for you that's awesome. I love Talladega nights if your not first you are last lol, truthfully I have taught myself to slow down but I love doing things with speed and power that's just me. It was important for me to slow down and learn I didn't need water just to make myself go in slow motion did the trick. But it sounds like an awesome seen from an 80s Jean claude van dam movie😃. If possible it would make a very cool video

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 01:07:23 AM »

Hey Bob, if its working for you that's awesome. I love Talladega nights if your not first you are last lol, truthfully I have taught myself to slow down but I love doing things with speed and power that's just me. It was important for me to slow down and learn I didn't need water just to make myself go in slow motion did the trick. But it sounds like an awesome seen from an 80s Jean claude van dam movie😃. If possible it would make a very cool video

I would just like to quote Sir William Ferrell (he is a knight, isn't he ?Roll Eyes) "I'm not sure what to do with my hands." That's how I'm feeling about my saber skills! Grin

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 01:45:15 AM »

I would just like to quote Sir William Ferrell (he is a knight, isn't he ?Roll Eyes) "I'm not sure what to do with my hands." That's how I'm feeling about my saber skills! Grin
  😂😂 I felt the same way I swear, go to dark Cephalus master Venturous Master Elwood and Master Resolute you'll easily find them in mostly saber artistry and combat. Click on the names then go to the YouTube canal. Master Venturous gives awesome break downs on moves spins and so on. Dude you will be happy after a few weeks

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

ShadowyKnight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

The Cat King [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 01:23:02 PM »

A way to practice with a saber, improve your heat tolerance and improve your endurance is to practice in California in the middle of summer.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Nothing can't be counted, and nothing too.

My collection (which is depressing, hoping to add to it)
~Dark Initiate LE v5 stunt DVA

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »

A way to practice with a saber, improve your heat tolerance and improve your endurance is to practice in California in the middle of summer.  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Pffff....  try Phoenix or Tucson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 08:28:50 AM »

Pffff....  try Phoenix or Tucson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfff... try Houston.

None of that dry heat silliness.  We got enough humidity it's like practicing in a swimming pool that's been set to boil some crawfish.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 05:24:28 PM »

pfff... try Houston.

None of that dry heat silliness.  We got enough humidity it's like practicing in a swimming pool that's been set to boil some crawfish.
Yeah, okay, you got me there; humidity is KILLER at draining the life out of you.  The dry heat just makes it easy for heat/dehydration issues to sneak up on you, because you don't realize how much moisture you're losing.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: