Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Speaker help  (Read 1017 times)
Taratx
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« on: May 08, 2019, 09:47:21 PM »

I recently did a switcheroo of 3 different US. One was the removal of an emeral setup from my fulcrum to my spectre. I finished it early this morning and it was working fine. I then this afternoon decided to switch the led color and maybe the font.

When I plugged it in it would start fine then power down and stay off till I took a battery out and put it back. It did this a couple of times and I decided to try another battery. It did it again and I tried hooking it up then starting the US launcher.

That worked and color change was going fine until my speaker just stopped. I was able to finish the led color change fine. But now the only thing the speaker will do is barely, make sound. You can really only hear it when holding it up to your ear.

Is it blown? A bad wire?

Sabers
$75 Mystery Boxes                                  Custom order
*Aeon v4 w/ covertec wheel                     *Spectre DVA Light sound Raffle win
*Fulcrum Emerald Driver                                
*Dark Initiate V4 CG [w] Av(son's)           4th Place Raffle Prize
*Archon v2.1 Emeral Driver                     * Aeon V4 [w] AV CG

Gifted: 5 $75 MBs Sentinel LE v4 [w] PO, Apprentice LE v3 [w] AV GB, DSIBS v3 no lines GB, DSIBS v3 lines AV BR, Dominix LE v3 AV SRD

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 09:52:32 PM »

Recharge your batteries to 100%. If the set up is AAA then try new batteries, if those were "new batteries" try from a new batch.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Taratx
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 10:02:49 PM »

Recharge your batteries to 100%. If the set up is AAA then try new batteries, if those were "new batteries" try from a new batch.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I tried a total of three sets first set was low, send set was full charge when I gave up on them and put them on the charger.  I wish it was as easy as batteries

Sabers
*Aeon v4 w/ covertec wheel                     *Spectre DVA Light sound Raffle win
*Fulcrum Emerald Driver                                

Gifted: 5 $75 MBs Sentinel LE v4 [w] PO, Apprentice LE v3 [w] AV GB, DSIBS v3 no lines GB, DSIBS v3 lines AV BR, Dominix LE v3 AV SRD

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 03:29:20 AM »

Wait I'm thoroughly confused after reading this multiple times.  Not that I will be able to help but it might be difficult for someone else too, and for them to offer truly accurate troubleshooting advise.  So first you reference 3 US sabers and then go on to describe what you did to 2.  From those 2 you proceed to say you changed the LED to 1, but not identify which one.  ASSUMING you are talking of whatever saber you put the Emerald driver on, then there is a response from tx about AAA batteries.  So ummm what the hell is going on?!?!  I have never seen the Emerald and Obsidian V3/V4 boards together being run off AAA batteries, always Li-on.  Next if I was smart enough to help you, (which I am not) I would ask what color LED you put in so that at least I would know the voltage draw.  Lastly a picture is worth a thousand words (both of your speaker connections and wiring job)...

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 05:05:49 AM »

Excuse the double post but somebody that loves you very much Taratx, explained the situation further via PM.  Please correct me if I am wrong but I understand the situation thus:

Dark Initiate has CG LED with Obsidian Lite setup (originally from Spectre)
Spectre became a stunt (LED only) setup temporarily
Then your Fulcrum (originally RGB LED with V3 sound) was gutted to become a stunt now
And the Emerald and V3 sound were installed on the Spectre.  Li-on batteries and everything.

Issue needing troubleshooting:

The Spectre with the Emerald and V3 sound newly transplanted into it, tested out just fine.  It sounds like you soldered and heatshrinked and assembled everything back up after satisfactory testing.  Then you connected the Emerald Board to your computer to change the color.  And based on what you are saying also connected the V3 to change the font.  Then you experienced issues keeping the saber on while connected to your computer?  Which you temporarily solved by just swapping in fresher batteries to maintain it will you programmed it.

Then while connected to the EMERALD BOARD from the computer, the sound coming out of the speaker became barely audible. (Question, did you keep the same speaker that came with the Emerald and V3 sound board setup and that is what is installed in the Spectre now, I assume YES?)

Question, have you tried setting the color back to what it was to see if maybe the new amp draw to the LED is somehow not providing the speaker enough juice compared to what you tested?  This should not be the case but I am curious if reverting back to like say a just red LED (lowest voltage) setting helps out with volume?  This would then lead me to check the resistors on the LEDs, did all those get kept when you installed the RGB onto the Spectre.  Otherwise I guess you could be drawing more current than what you need to the LEDs and starving the speaker or vice versa maybe you did blow the speaker but in that case I would think setting it to red LED would still cause almost inaudible sound.  There might be a clue in trying this.

Like I said I don't have an answer as I don't have experience with hands on wiring of sabers and boards, just book wormingly absorbing what I read on these threads.

My guess after looking into this so closely my head hurts, is that there was a short somewhere.  When you kept swapping in the new batteries to force it to continue working while reprogramming, it overloaded and blew your speaker.  So actually I think you have stated your own answer in the end, but maybe somebody else has experienced this and can chime in to solve the mystery.

Taratx
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »

Excuse the double post but somebody that loves you very much Taratx, explained the situation further via PM.  Please correct me if I am wrong but I understand the situation thus:

Dark Initiate has CG LED with Obsidian Lite setup (originally from Spectre)
Spectre became a stunt (LED only) setup temporarily
Then your Fulcrum (originally RGB LED with V3 sound) was gutted to become a stunt now
And the Emerald and V3 sound were installed on the Spectre.  Li-on batteries and everything.

Issue needing troubleshooting:

The Spectre with the Emerald and V3 sound newly transplanted into it, tested out just fine.  It sounds like you soldered and heatshrinked and assembled everything back up after satisfactory testing.  Then you connected the Emerald Board to your computer to change the color.  And based on what you are saying also connected the V3 to change the font.  Then you experienced issues keeping the saber on while connected to your computer?  Which you temporarily solved by just swapping in fresher batteries to maintain it will you programmed it.

Then while connected to the EMERALD BOARD from the computer, the sound coming out of the speaker became barely audible. (Question, did you keep the same speaker that came with the Emerald and V3 sound board setup and that is what is installed in the Spectre now, I assume YES?)

Question, have you tried setting the color back to what it was to see if maybe the new amp draw to the LED is somehow not providing the speaker enough juice compared to what you tested?  This should not be the case but I am curious if reverting back to like say a just red LED (lowest voltage) setting helps out with volume?  This would then lead me to check the resistors on the LEDs, did all those get kept when you installed the RGB onto the Spectre.  Otherwise I guess you could be drawing more current than what you need to the LEDs and starving the speaker or vice versa maybe you did blow the speaker but in that case I would think setting it to red LED would still cause almost inaudible sound.  There might be a clue in trying this.

Like I said I don't have an answer as I don't have experience with hands on wiring of sabers and boards, just book wormingly absorbing what I read on these threads.

My guess after looking into this so closely my head hurts, is that there was a short somewhere.  When you kept swapping in the new batteries to force it to continue working while reprogramming, it overloaded and blew your speaker.  So actually I think you have stated your own answer in the end, but maybe somebody else has experienced this and can chime in to solve the mystery.

Thank you for your help!

As of today new speaker setup is installed and sound is working. I cut out all my connections and redid them incase something wasn't perfect,  but thinking I'm gonna leave as is just incase. I've got my pulse set from DVA, to an aqua blue. And everything is working as of now.

Sabers
*Fulcrum Emerald Driver                                

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 12:26:57 AM »

I'm glad to hear your saber is back in business!  Cheesy  That pulse setting you chose sounds fantastic too!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: