Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Customizing my dueling armor project  (Read 1578 times)
Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« on: May 13, 2019, 04:30:45 PM »

I never felt skilled enough to attempt to build a cos play costume. Plus I would not have much opportunity to wear anything like that at Cons because I am normally doing other stuff like saber demos/classes/panels, watching the AFA booth, making sure my daughter’s costume is all set for the competition, etc.
But I finally thought it was time to customize the armor I wear for dueling. I made a video out of the project. Although it’s nothing like the amazing costumes normally posted on this forum, I am very happy how everything turned out- and I can actually fight in this armor. Maybe it can help someone else looking paint his/her armor. Let me know what you think.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srnsvTlO8gM&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srnsvTlO8gM&amp;feature=share</a>

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 08:51:55 PM »

Awesome! I know a lot of the Saber Legion peeps in South Florida customize their armor almost to a point of costumes. Lots of Pwer Rangers, but one of my friends does a Mandalorian too. Awesome tutorial! +1

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »

I never felt skilled enough to attempt to build a cos play costume. Plus I would not have much opportunity to wear anything like that at Cons because I am normally doing other stuff like saber demos/classes/panels, watching the AFA booth, making sure my daughter’s costume is all set for the competition, etc.
But I finally thought it was time to customize the armor I wear for dueling. I made a video out of the project. Although it’s nothing like the amazing costumes normally posted on this forum, I am very happy how everything turned out- and I can actually fight in this armor. Maybe it can help someone else looking paint his/her armor. Let me know what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srnsvTlO8gM&feature=share#

Thanks!  This made it look so simple that even someone like me could pull off a convincing-looking job (and that's saying something)!  I appreciate the tips.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:16:51 PM »

Awesome! I know a lot of the Saber Legion peeps in South Florida customize their armor almost to a point of costumes. Lots of Pwer Rangers, but one of my friends does a Mandalorian too. Awesome tutorial! +1
  Yes Lady R, I have seen some really great Saber Legion armor and wondered how they pulled it off.  There isn't a lot of help out there, so after some research I figured I would share my findings. 

Thanks!  This made it look so simple that even someone like me could pull off a convincing-looking job (and that's saying something)!  I appreciate the tips.
Be sure to post your results!

Thank you both! I rarely get to be creative in my everyday life, so I had a blast with this project.

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 11:43:15 PM »

Yes Lady R, I have seen some really great Saber Legion armor and wondered how they pulled it off.  There isn't a lot of help out there, so after some research I figured I would share my findings. 
  Be sure to post your results!

Thank you both! I rarely get to be creative in my everyday life, so I had a blast with this project.

It looks like it Cheesy Next time I see my friend who does the Mandalorian, I'll ask him if he has any resources that he, or other Legion members use.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 02:22:06 AM »

Some very good tips here, MP

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 10:54:51 PM »

Awesome!!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 02:41:23 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srnsvTlO8gM&feature=share#

MP this is fantastic!  I can't wait to see the absolute final project  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: