Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi costume/cos play  (Read 10360 times)
jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« on: May 15, 2019, 08:11:32 PM »

Hi. I'm looking to get a Jedi themed costume/cos play just for fun. I'm not looking to win any contests or anything like that... Just something to wear to a comic con and very clearly identify myself as a Jedi. For the record, I've never been to a comic con or done any sort of cos play.

I've kind of narrowed it down to two different ideas, but I'm open to other suggestions:

The first one is sleeveless, which is much more my style but I worry it's not Jedi enough.

The second one is more Jedi looking, but also I imagine will be much, much hotter and also seems less feminine.

Either way I'll likely add this utility belt.

What do you all think? Any thoughts on color? Like I said, there may be something else out there, too. Feel free to offer suggestions!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:15:03 PM »

well, I say if you think the first one is more your style then go with it. it may not be "traditional" but look at jedi like Quinlan Vos. He definitely was not traditional and nobody got mad at him. Nevermind, everyone got mad at him, just not for what he wore.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »

I have a outfit from Far Far Away Outfitters and I love it. They have so many styles plus mix and match of you want to. I have full sleeves from them and it isn't too hot. But the robes are a different story. It can get pretty warm, so in the spring or summer I have learned not to wear the robe. My daughter also has a Far Far Away outfit. Here we are last weekend.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 08:35:32 PM »

Usually with sleeveless, arm wraps are worn. It will give it a more Jedi feel and be much cooler if you’re worried about the heat.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 09:15:21 PM »

I got my tunic and robes from Etsy as well.  I went for the full sleeves but that's what is more in line with the character  Smiley

With robes:

Without robes:

Ultimately, GF is right: whichever is more your style: wear it like a rock star  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:56:35 PM »

I concur with the majority here... wear what makes you comfortable. 

You're right, it's going to be warm.  If you're worried about getting uncomfortably so, but you still want sleeves, then I suggest light layers or, as suggested above, arm wraps, or maybe billowy, vented sleeves.  To me, both the costumes linked above looked very nice.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 10:13:18 PM »

The first one is maybe a little less traditional being sleeveless but if that's what you're starting to lean towards then go for it. As someone mentioned, arm wraps are Awesome, I don't believe any Canon characters ever had them and that's totally their loss. They add a ton of style to the overall look and are very combat-ready looking. You'll appear as a Jedi who means business if you opt to go for them.

The second option is really the basic Jedi garb worn by many male/female characters in the universe. You are correct in assuming it will be much hotter to wear. Trying not to nitpick, but any shade of red including burgundy is usually not touched by Jedi because of Dark Side connotations. Of course if that's the flavor you're going for then that would work.

The belt is a solid choice, I believe I have the same one and it is very accurate to what you'd see on-screen.

Utterly shameless plug that I hope is somewhat relevant:

If you feel a little crafty, in my signature are two links on how to make both Jedi food capsules and Jedi pouches. Both can be bought, but it's a hundred times cheaper to make your own.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 10:19:50 PM »

The first one is maybe a little less traditional being sleeveless but if that's what you're starting to lean towards then go for it. As someone mentioned, arm wraps are Awesome, I don't believe any Canon characters ever had them and that's totally their loss.

Rey is sleeveless with armwraps. There are others too, but she is the first to come to mind

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 10:21:15 PM »

Rey is sleeveless with armwraps. There are others too, but she is the first to come to mind

Never heard of her  Wink

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 03:19:53 AM »

Myself, I'd go with either comfort or possible character concept
My own Sith Warrior look is very loosely based on a character I used in Star Wars the Old Republic.

Myself, I like the sleeveless look. Mainly for its uniqueness, I'll admit

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 03:34:49 AM »

Thanks for the responses, everyone! All of these costumes looks really great.

Good to note the reddish color, I hadn't considered that but obviously in hind-site it's clear.

I love the idea of the arm-wraps, too! That would really bring it all together.

Thanks also for the review/pics of Far Far Away Outfitters.

Points all around Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 03:49:15 AM »

Some of "Far Far Away Outfitters" in action. My outfit (the blue) and the MCs (green and tan) both come from them. The MC has hooded sleeveless too with arm wraps, so you can see, I think the wraps came from somewhere else though

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmFsbsA0p-E&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmFsbsA0p-E&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 04:13:29 AM »

Thanks for the video, LR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 09:37:02 AM »

I have a outfit from Far Far Away Outfitters and I love it. They have so many styles plus mix and match of you want to. I have full sleeves from them and it isn't too hot. But the robes are a different story. It can get pretty warm, so in the spring or summer I have learned not to wear the robe. My daughter also has a Far Far Away outfit. Here we are last weekend.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Tx Tuff, Our cosplays are so close it is scary.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 01:01:33 PM »

I think either one will look like a Jedi. Especially with a saber hanging on your belt.

the heat problem likely depends on fabric, synthetics seem to trap heat more. Does it say on Etsy what they used?

Also consider your pants, leggings, breeches and pockets/pouches or purse-like thing.

And footwear.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: