Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi costume/cos play  (Read 10357 times)
jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 03:02:50 PM »

Lady Revan, great video! That is exactly what I'd love to do with my saber and costume. It looks like a ton of fun.

Also those costumes look perfect. Thanks so much for sharing. Smiley

+1

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 06:42:55 PM »

Lady Revan, great video! That is exactly what I'd love to do with my saber and costume. It looks like a ton of fun.

Also those costumes look perfect. Thanks so much for sharing. Smiley

+1

Thanks! I’m glad I could help out Cheesy if you want really good fabric, the ones for Far Far Away Outfitters that aren’t marked as “microfiber” are great texture and weight. I love the “natural” but that one is hand wash only, sadly Sad I think my next one from them I’m going to get all Natural pieces and hand dye though. Also a heads up, their Obis are HUGE... like 8 feet huge, so you’ll likely have to cut it.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 08:00:04 PM »

Tx Tuff, Our cosplays are so close it is scary.
Yeah I noticed that before. I have a grey obi and pants. Also have a grey robe too but it gets pretty warm.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 08:42:13 PM »

Thanks! I’m glad I could help out Cheesy if you want really good fabric, the ones for Far Far Away Outfitters that aren’t marked as “microfiber” are great texture and weight. I love the “natural” but that one is hand wash only, sadly Sad I think my next one from them I’m going to get all Natural pieces and hand dye though. Also a heads up, their Obis are HUGE... like 8 feet huge, so you’ll likely have to cut it.

I love FFAO. Most of my stuff comes from them.

Yeah I noticed that before. I have a grey obi and pants. Also have a grey robe too but it gets pretty warm.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Well, they say great minds think alike... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

jillian
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 12:14:39 AM »

I just placed my order!! I went with the sleeveless one. Thanks for your input, everyone!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Now just a 2-3 week (plus shipping time) wait.....  Undecided

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 01:34:24 AM »

Looking forward to seeing it, jillian

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2019, 01:53:11 AM »

I just placed my order!! I went with the sleeveless one. Thanks for your input, everyone!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Now just a 2-3 week (plus shipping time) wait.....  Undecided
Very nice Cheesy What color scheme are you doing?

jillian
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 03:25:58 PM »

Very nice Cheesy What color scheme are you doing?

I went with the natural/white and charcoal. I really wanted something with color, but I just couldn't commit. As you mentioned, any red/orange hues were out b/c Sith. Then I was thinking purple, but with my consular saber I felt it would I look too much like a Joker Jedi. And I want to get an amethyst saber next, so if I went with green I'd end up with the same problem.

So in the end... charcoal matches everything.  Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2019, 05:04:56 PM »

I went with the natural/white and charcoal. I really wanted something with color, but I just couldn't commit. As you mentioned, any red/orange hues were out b/c Sith. Then I was thinking purple, but with my consular saber I felt it would I look too much like a Joker Jedi. And I want to get an amethyst saber next, so if I went with green I'd end up with the same problem.

So in the end... charcoal matches everything.  Smiley

That it does! Lol Are you doing arm wraps too, or nah?

jillian
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »

I plan to get the arm wraps and the belt to match. Unfortunately, they're out of stock for the pouches. I'm planning to use Saso Is-kor's tutorial to make my own. Smiley

You're an inspiration for diy!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »

Hi. I'm looking to get a Jedi themed costume/cos play just for fun. I'm not looking to win any contests or anything like that... Just something to wear to a comic con and very clearly identify myself as a Jedi. For the record, I've never been to a comic con or done any sort of cos play.

I've kind of narrowed it down to two different ideas, but I'm open to other suggestions:

The first one is sleeveless, which is much more my style but I worry it's not Jedi enough.

The second one is more Jedi looking, but also I imagine will be much, much hotter and also seems less feminine.

Either way I'll likely add this utility belt.

What do you all think? Any thoughts on color? Like I said, there may be something else out there, too. Feel free to offer suggestions!
Although the price is nice, if I'm not mistaken, that is the belt I currently have (only the black version), and it's not good at it's job. Sad

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

jillian
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2019, 06:02:59 PM »

Although the price is nice, if I'm not mistaken, that is the belt I currently have (only the black version), and it's not good at it's job. Sad

I'm not sure I get what you mean... Does it not hold the hilt or does it slide off or maybe something else?

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 06:08:22 PM »

I'm not sure I get what you mean... Does it not hold the hilt or does it slide off or maybe something else?

Good question. My wife is looking at an outfit from FFAO (the no sleeve one) and belts are a topic now, FFAO's looks simpler and not a fan of pleather.

I expect these outfits to be worn with an obi, so the belt shouldn't be responsibile for preventing a core breach, just holding a light saber and pouch, right?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 06:13:40 PM »

If you want a sturdy belt that will hold some items, but don't want to splurge on a full-grade rigger's belt, try this: https://www.amazon.com/Spec-Ops-Brand-Better-Coyote-Regular/dp/B004WA8MC2/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=spec-ops%2Bbetter%2Bbdu%2Bbelt%2Bcoyote%2Bbrown&qid=1558375818&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&th=1&psc=1

I have several of the black ones, in various sizes (thanks, life, for the size changes) and widths.  They're sturdy, they are secure, and if you're of a mind to crank down on them, the buckle will hold without slipping.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 06:57:44 PM »

I'm saying that it doesn't function well as a utility belt. However, if you don't plan on clipping anything heavier than an ounce, you should be alright.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: