Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi costume/cos play  (Read 10356 times)
jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2019, 07:51:34 PM »

I'm saying that it doesn't function well as a utility belt. However, if you don't plan on clipping anything heavier than an ounce, you should be alright.

Thanks, Darth Logos. Very helpful info.

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2019, 09:30:11 PM »

Thanks, Darth Logos. Very helpful info.

Update: I ordered a set of Jedi robes from FFAO and the belt as well. Both should be arriving by end of week!! Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 09:32:01 PM »

Update: I ordered a set of Jedi robes from FFAO and the belt as well. Both should be arriving by end of week!! Smiley

Whoot! Cheesy I look forward to seeing them!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2019, 11:40:56 PM »

I plan to get the arm wraps and the belt to match. Unfortunately, they're out of stock for the pouches. I'm planning to use Saso Is-kor's tutorial to make my own. Smiley

You're an inspiration for diy!

OMG, that's too cool! I'm thrilled that someone else is going to try their hand at it. Definitely post up anything and everything to do with your costume, this has pretty much become your costume progress thread and we'll all be waiting eagerly to see how it turns out!

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2019, 04:39:20 AM »

I'm also going to have to try my natural tunic set but with my grey inner tunic sometime, thanks for the inspiration Tongue I'm also then thinking my black robe, boots, and belt would go perfect with that set with the grey inner tunic. I tried one of their inner tunics before though and I totally didn't like how it felt so I got one from Jedi Closet I think is what they're called also on Etsy. Will be cool to see your new robe set though for sure =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2019, 04:53:57 AM »

I'm also going to have to try my natural tunic set but with my grey inner tunic sometime, thanks for the inspiration Tongue I'm also then thinking my black robe, boots, and belt would go perfect with that set with the grey inner tunic. I tried one of their inner tunics before though and I totally didn't like how it felt so I got one from Jedi Closet I think is what they're called also on Etsy. Will be cool to see your new robe set though for sure =]

The Jedi closet have great inner tunics and Eileen (the seemstress) is super helpful and friendly. I have an inner tunic and a robe from her

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2019, 03:38:29 PM »

Awesome Jillian!  I can't wait to see pics (if you can)  Smiley

OMG, that's too cool! I'm thrilled that someone else is going to try their hand at it. Definitely post up anything and everything to do with your costume, this has pretty much become your costume progress thread and we'll all be waiting eagerly to see how it turns out!
Couldn't have said it better myself, Saso^^

That ensemble sounds fantastic, Zren!  I'd love to see pics if/when you get them  Smiley

The Jedi closet have great inner tunics and Eileen (the seemstress) is super helpful and friendly. I have an inner tunic and a robe from her
I've been wanting to get my wife some tunics and robes as well.  Would you recommend The Jedi Closet for the full ensemble, LR?  And--once again  Grin--if you have pics, I'd be interested in seeing them^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2019, 05:10:57 PM »

My wife looked at FFAO and Jedi Closet (thanks to Revan and Jillian for mentioning those Etsy stores).

FFAO only had the colors she wanted in micro-fiber (+texas=too hot).  But they took measurements and sounds like they make to order.

She liked the designs at JC, but they tend to be monochromatic outfits (4 pieces, all same color) and based on a 6' male model.  We're not sure if JC will do custom sizes or colors or not.

We're curious what your experience is/will be, so keep us posted.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2019, 02:21:14 AM »

My wife looked at FFAO and Jedi Closet (thanks to Revan and Jillian for mentioning those Etsy stores).

FFAO only had the colors she wanted in micro-fiber (+texas=too hot).  But they took measurements and sounds like they make to order.

She liked the designs at JC, but they tend to be monochromatic outfits (4 pieces, all same color) and based on a 6' male model.  We're not sure if JC will do custom sizes or colors or not.

We're curious what your experience is/will be, so keep us posted.

Eileen at Jedi Closet does custom color orders, so if you communicate with her what you're looking for, I'm sure she can help Smiley I have a friend currently getting some tabards and an undertunic in a shade of Olive Drab from JC for her Saber Guild Jedi. Eileen's custom pieces (Jedi closet) also tend to fit your measurements more closely than FFAO

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2019, 04:24:45 AM »

Eileen at Jedi Closet does custom color orders, so if you communicate with her what you're looking for, I'm sure she can help Smiley I have a friend currently getting some tabards and an undertunic in a shade of Olive Drab from JC for her Saber Guild Jedi. Eileen's custom pieces (Jedi closet) also tend to fit your measurements more closely than FFAO

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2019, 04:27:17 AM »

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks!

My pleasure! She uses great fabrics too, and machine washable! She's also worked with the 501st, Rebel Legion, and Saber Guild, so she's used to making costumes that fit their quality standards as well.

Darth Jaximus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

New to the Ultrasabers and Saberforum community19.

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2019, 06:18:09 PM »

I had zero experience with sewing and I’ve made the following 4 costumes (robes, tunics, belts, capes) all in the last two weeks. Be patient, watch YouTube videos, and start with cheap “throw away” material to build confidence. After two attempts I was able to make the Jedi Knight costume pictured. Then I moved on to the grey Jedi, Dooku, and Palpatine inspired costumes. It’s amazing what you can do with some motivation and imagination!!

My sabers:
-Dark Apprentice V4 LE x2, Initiate V4 LE, Apprentice V4 LE x2, Dominix V3 LE, Aeon V3 LE, Dark Sentinel V3 LE

Wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3, Bellicose, Archon V2.1 (BVA), Manticore (AB), Consular, Menance CE x2 (BR - Maul staff), Raven, Lost Gray (AS), Fulcrum (AS), Grand Master, Archon V3.1, Dark Mantis (BR), emperors hand (VA)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2019, 02:50:30 AM »

Excellent looking stuff there.
Very nice work on those

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2019, 03:35:20 PM »

I had zero experience with sewing and I’ve made the following 4 costumes (robes, tunics, belts, capes) all in the last two weeks. Be patient, watch YouTube videos, and start with cheap “throw away” material to build confidence. After two attempts I was able to make the Jedi Knight costume pictured. Then I moved on to the grey Jedi, Dooku, and Palpatine inspired costumes. It’s amazing what you can do with some motivation and imagination!!

Outstanding work DJ!  Even more impressive given that you did it yourself (there's no way that I could've made my robe&tunics  Wink).

Which do you prefer: Light or Dark points?

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: