Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: I removed the claws from my Butcher  (Read 10911 times)
Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 07:08:52 PM »

As I've said, I prefer the claws on.  But that's the beauty of this community, we all love sabers in any configuration.  I think you're taking the claws off was a bold move. It also gave me the opportunity to actually see the butcher without the claws, as opposed to just using my imagination.  We all appreciate those that modify the sabers. Those modifications sometimes bring new life to the saber design. Some might love the changes, some might hate them, and that's just fine.  Let's just chalk it all up to be able to be in such an awesome forum.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »

As I've said, I prefer the claws on.  But that's the beauty of this community, we all love sabers in any configuration.  I think you're taking the claws off was a bold move. It also gave me the opportunity to actually see the butcher without the claws, as opposed to just using my imagination.  We all appreciate those that modify the sabers. Those modifications sometimes bring new life to the saber design. Some might love the changes, some might hate them, and that's just fine.  Let's just chalk it all up to be able to be in such an awesome forum.

Well said! My whole issue was simply comfort; the saber looks much better with the claws I fully agree. I had the stuff to do this without damaging the saber and I like taking things apart so it was a fun challenge all told! hope someone got some useful info out of it - I had a good time doing it, lol.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 06:03:30 PM »

And I, for one, enjoyed learning through your experimentation, rather than my own.  Thanks for sharing what you did and what you found out!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 06:06:04 PM »

Ditto.    I started the original "what does it look like without claws" thread, and now I know!  You've given me valuable insight!  Thank you!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »

Ditto.    I started the original "what does it look like without claws" thread, and now I know!  You've given me valuable insight!  Thank you!

Not a problem!

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 09:59:34 PM »

I had considered getting a butcher just to remove the claws as the body looked to have a nice profile underneath, but it didn't look possible at first and I didn't want just a showpiece. Now that I know they can be removed I might try it, but the sharp channels are a bit of a turn off. I noticed the same thing with the Dominix/Aeon v5 when I took the claws off, which is even more frustrating considering they're the standard hilts. Not to mention how the default configuration has them stabbing your hand and blocking the upper choke. I kinda miss when claws were an add-on and not essentially an integral part of the hilt tbh. Granted, the Butcher is inspired from an existing design so they had to maintain it, but I hope all of this isn't indicative of Ultrasabers caring less about dueling capability and more about aesthetics moving forward. Anyway, if you're ever tempted to try it again sometime, one thing to consider is getting some rubber fins to fit into the claw channels. I know TCSS sells some that are designed for Graflex and Prophecy-style grip sections, I'm sure they'd probably work well enough here as well if you could get some wide enough.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 02:34:12 PM »

I had considered getting a butcher just to remove the claws as the body looked to have a nice profile underneath, but it didn't look possible at first and I didn't want just a showpiece. Now that I know they can be removed I might try it, but the sharp channels are a bit of a turn off. I noticed the same thing with the Dominix/Aeon v5 when I took the claws off, which is even more frustrating considering they're the standard hilts. Not to mention how the default configuration has them stabbing your hand and blocking the upper choke. I kinda miss when claws were an add-on and not essentially an integral part of the hilt tbh. Granted, the Butcher is inspired from an existing design so they had to maintain it, but I hope all of this isn't indicative of Ultrasabers caring less about dueling capability and more about aesthetics moving forward. Anyway, if you're ever tempted to try it again sometime, one thing to consider is getting some rubber fins to fit into the claw channels. I know TCSS sells some that are designed for Graflex and Prophecy-style grip sections, I'm sure they'd probably work well enough here as well if you could get some wide enough.

I noticed the same thing on my V5.   I actually put the claws back on because the channels were not what I was looking for.   I was hoping the grenade grip of the forward hilt was continued under them, but the channels cut through.

I think what I REALLY want is a V4 with a V5 pommel...  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »

I guess my hands are just big enough to handle the claws, since the sith's attempt to discredit my question didn't work Tongue

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2019, 06:05:19 PM »

I guess my hands are just big enough to handle the claws, since the sith's attempt to discredit my question didn't work Tongue
So... does it take you two hands to handle a Whopper™️?

Yeah, that’s an old one, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 07:29:07 PM »

post removed by author

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 08:07:32 PM »

So... does it take you two hands to handle a Whopper™️?

Yeah, that’s an old one, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...perv

Saber Collection:

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2019, 08:38:22 PM »

...perv

Ewwwww... dude, no!

That's a jingle from Burger King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGgocZkEF4k

And also from the "Hungry Jack's" brand
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d5e2OZjWg8

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2019, 08:52:30 PM »

Wasnt trying to discredit anyone just explaining my own experience with it

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2019, 09:18:08 PM »

Wasnt trying to discredit anyone just explaining my own experience with it
Well the fact I own one is in my signature. I just call mine Gold because I ordered in the preorder before the LE title.

Saber Collection:

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2019, 01:49:26 AM »

Well the fact I own one is in my signature. I just call mine Gold because I ordered in the preorder before the LE title.

Honestly hadnt looked. Thats on me

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: