Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: I removed the claws from my Butcher  (Read 10907 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 04:11:45 PM »

PS, thanks for pointing me to this thread, great pictures, very informative. Glad you had a much more successful experience than me!  -1 point

I was going to suggest some sort of wrapping to cover the sharp edges but then that might not look good and would take away the visibility of the windows.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 04:17:25 PM »

PS, thanks for pointing me to this thread, great pictures, very informative. Glad you had a much more successful experience than me!  -1 point

I was going to suggest some sort of wrapping to cover the sharp edges but then that might not look good and would take away the visibility of the windows.

That was my issue with it. Ultimatley I like how it looks now, but if i ever come across some tools to address the gaps i might take 2 of the claws off

Keevaro
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2020, 11:09:40 PM »

It's funny, I actually did this earlier today on accident. I wanted to remove the emitter, and had to remove the claws in the process, and found it was much more comfortable to wield it. Honestly, if US were to make the Saber without the claws, making the whole thing smooth (without the indents for where the claws go, just rounding it off), I would totally buy one right away. The claws definitely make it really cool, but it is super awesome on its own without the claws.

Light Side Points Please! Smiley
Current Sabers:
Azure Fallen stunt, Sun Rider's Destiny, Combat Ready.
The Butcher w/Obsidian V4, Adegan Silver.
Shock LE w/Obsidian V4, Bane's Heart w/Silver FoC (Fiancé's).
Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
Second Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
(Raffle!) Guardian stunt, Fire Orange.
Crimson Empress w/Diamond Controller, Etching, and Recharge (Fiancé's).
(Ordered 5/8, Shipped 5/18) Azure Grand Master w/Obsidian V4, Recharge Port, Guardian Blue w/Arctic Blue FoC - A special B-Day present for my dad for all that he's done for me.

PadawanDropout
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 03:46:50 AM »

Wow!  Thanks for doing this! It reminds me of Kyle Katarn's first lightsaber from the video game Dark Forces 2.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2020, 12:04:54 PM »

Wow!  Thanks for doing this! It reminds me of Kyle Katarn's first lightsaber from the video game Dark Forces 2.

Glad theres still people fining this useful! Honestly it does look great either way, though my decision still stands for safety reasons to leave them put.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »

Glad theres still people fining this useful! Honestly it does look great either way, though my decision still stands for safety reasons to leave them put.
OK, I don't know HOW I missed this thread but I am glad that I finally saw it!

PS, I like (and appreciate!) your experiment here with your Butcher.  Aesthetically, I like the claws but I think the hilt works better ergonomically without them.  Regardless, what a fantastic looking saber!  Thanks for this awesome thread  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

buckteef
Force Sensitive

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2021, 11:04:15 PM »

Thanks for this thread.

I had a bit of a blade plug issue (see http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=43507.msg742325#msg742325) and followed your guidance to disassemble.  Just takes a bit of upward pressure to get each of the claws free.  Here's a couple of additional pictures showing the design of each claw, and the upper section where the claw slides into the hilt.

Light adhesive residue can be seen in both photos.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2021, 11:24:10 PM »

Ok this is pretty cool! I really like it without the claws. I do enjoy the original look, but only the look, I'd never even think it'd be duel worthy in that awkward looking state to grip with claws. I'd have to round down those channel edges or fill them in for sure.

My question is, does anyone with a different lightsaber with claws know if any others fit into those "slots" near the emitter properly? Meaning are they the same size as any other type of claw, so you could still have forward claws of some sort easily adhered instead without them monopolizing the rest of the hilt?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

buckteef
Force Sensitive

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2021, 02:13:31 AM »

I think you would have to fill those grooves the entire way and mount using the screw holes provided in order to comfortably duel. 

I received my Butcher in the raffle and love it (THANK YOU ULTRASABERS!!!) and am sharing one of the OP's pictures to show more detail of 2 of 3 places on the hilt that are designed to accommodate these custom made and very ornate claws.

It's a very intricate design, and as the OP noted, this is a pretty sharp edge that holds each of the claws in place, which runs the length of the upper quarter of the hilt.  Unless these can be filled, wearing gloves might be in order if you plan to duel.  There is also a trio of notches in the ring immediately below the switch, not quite a sharp, and to finish it off, a light machining down the bottom quarter of the hilt ensure the claws sit flush, which end at the screw hole used to secure each claw.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: