Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Revan’s Star Forge Robes  (Read 26768 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2019, 06:20:31 AM »

That looks freaking AWESOME!   

Sorry to hear about the glue issues.  What kind was it so we can all avoid it like the plague?

the bad glue is Elmer's Rubber contact cement. Weldwood contact cement is far better, but I've only found it at hardware stores or Amazon

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2019, 07:16:07 AM »

Great great job, looking good!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2019, 12:25:47 AM »

the bad glue is Elmer's Rubber contact cement. Weldwood contact cement is far better, but I've only found it at hardware stores or Amazon

Ah, yeah.  It is pretty junk.  I have in the past had AMAZING luck with Barge, in the yellow and red can.  Learned about it working leather when I was employed at Tandy.  Cobblers use it, and it will stick till the heat death of the universe, I swear.  LOL

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2019, 09:48:22 AM »

Ah, yeah.  It is pretty junk.  I have in the past had AMAZING luck with Barge, in the yellow and red can.  Learned about it working leather when I was employed at Tandy.  Cobblers use it, and it will stick till the heat death of the universe, I swear.  LOL

How quickly does it set, and what is the applicator for it?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2019, 04:11:58 PM »

That looks really, really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »

How quickly does it set, and what is the applicator for it?

IIRC it's not terribly different in that regard from other contact cements.  You press and hold the pieces for about 2 mins once it's tacky, and it's pretty well set.  As well, iirc, it comes with a brush in the lid, but you could use other brushes or the like.  I don't think sponge type applicators work well.  I will PM you some links for further info.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2019, 05:08:40 PM »

This looks so good! I can't believe how well it turned out. Excellent work! Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2019, 06:16:18 PM »

Star Forge Robes were officially accepted this morning by Saber Guild (yay! Still haven't heard back from Rebel Legion. I've actually known this news for a few days now though (unofficially) because in the last few days I was also named a Global Costuming Consular for Saber Guild! Cheesy I think that the Robes helped contribute greatly to my selection, so special thanks to everyone who has followed along in the journey building them, and especially those who contributed helpful suggestions for things such as materials Smiley

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2019, 03:55:15 AM »

Star Forge Robes were officially accepted this morning by Saber Guild (yay! Still haven't heard back from Rebel Legion. I've actually known this news for a few days now though (unofficially) because in the last few days I was also named a Global Costuming Consular for Saber Guild! Cheesy I think that the Robes helped contribute greatly to my selection, so special thanks to everyone who has followed along in the journey building them, and especially those who contributed helpful suggestions for things such as materials Smiley

CONGRATS!!!!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2019, 10:30:38 PM »

Alright LR!  Congratulations are in order!!  That is fantastic news indeed  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »

CONGRATS!!!!
Alright LR!  Congratulations are in order!!  That is fantastic news indeed  Smiley

Thanks! I'm really excited and looking forward to being able to help prospective and current Saber Guild members with their future costumes.

IN OTHER NEWS! I've decided my next project in me "Baskin Revans 32 Flavors of Revan" XD (my friend made the joke and I' keeping it!). DARK HORSE COMICS REVAN! Stay tuned! lol

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2019, 02:43:53 PM »

Congrats!  And thank you for sharing the build pics!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2019, 04:57:46 PM »

Congratulations!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »

Congrats!  And thank you for sharing the build pics!
Congratulations!

Thank you for your congratulations, and you’re welcome for sharing the process of the build.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2019, 09:23:51 PM »

As has been said by others, congratulations on the approval of your robes, and on being named Global Costuming Consular!  And has also been said by others, thanks for sharing some of that costume-building journey with us.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: