Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Graflex CE Review  (Read 1539 times)
Sinclair49
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: May 22, 2019, 05:46:15 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZDhc5KZlA&amp;" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZDhc5KZlA&amp;</a>

Here is my review of the Ultrasabers Graflex CE.  Get ready, because this is gonna be a novel Cheesy.
First off, here's my setup:
[Choose Your Configuration: Premium Obsidian Sound]
[Choose the color of your blade!: TRI Guardian Blue]
[Flash on Clash: No Flash]
[Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup With BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)]
[Recharge Port: Recharge Port + 1.2A Fast Charger]
[Blade Length: 36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Sound: Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type: Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]
[Front Button Color: Bronze]
[Rear Button Color: Bronze]
[Blade Set Screw Type: Socket]
[Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip]
[Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug: No Thanks]
[Include Saber Stand: No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable: No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip: No Thanks]
So Every interaction with Ultrasabers Customer Service was an absolute pleasure.  I ordered the saber, and after a week of waiting, I sent an email to Customer Service, asking when I could expect my saber to ship out.  It should be noted that I sent this message after hours, well after closing time.  The next morning, I woke up to a response.  I almost dismissed this message, assuming that such a quick response time meant that it was an automated reply.  Luckily, I checked it out anyway, and to my surprise, it was a real person.  The Customer Service Rep, whose name is Marlena, was kind and helpful in every way.  Keep in mind, at this point, I was already blown away to have even received a response within an hour of the work day starting.  I would have been happy with a simple "Oh, your saber will take another week to ship", or something like that; just an update would have been satisfactory.  Instead, I was told that my saber had been moved to the top of the fabrication queue, and that it was going to be shipped out within 1 to 2 business days! This was on Friday.  The Tuesday after that, I had it in my hands.  And it is AMAZING.
The craftsmanship on this hilt is unbelievable, and it is comfortable and sturdy.  I've already put it through six duels, swinging full force on two of them, and the saber is still in the condition it was in when I received it.
The speaker is SUPER loud.  The sound is crystal clear, and there is nothing more amazing than swinging a lightsaber around, and hearing the hum and crackle of the blade.  The blade is blindingly bright, and I'm totally ok with sacrificing FOC for the brightness of the Tri-Cree Guardian Blue.  
One of the best choices I made was the recharge port.  Though it was an extra 80 bucks, it was well worth it.  I can take the saber for a 2 hour spin, and run it until it's dead, then plug it into the wall, and pick it back up in half an hour, ready to go.  I also like how convenient it is to be able to charge the saber without damaging the speaker, batteries, or internal wiring by removing the guts every time to charge it up.  
Overall, this is a 100% awesome saber.  I purchased it with the purpose of having my own stylized Graflex that I could beat near to death without denting, and and that's what I got.  Anybody looking for a totally amazing Graflex, I would heavily consider Ultrasaber's rendition.   The "other guys" may spend time on the piddly, movie-accurate details of a saber, but as far as durability and strength, none of the competitors even touch the Ultrasabers line of products.
10/10, would recommend
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:59:26 PM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »

Congrats on your new saber and thanks for the review and video. Great looking saber.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

jillian
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »

Oh!! I love that saber box! Did you make that?

Also nice review.  Smiley

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 09:43:07 PM »

Congrats on a really nice saber.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 04:46:08 AM »

I have one of these!  Grin

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Sinclair49
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 12:09:58 AM »

Oh!! I love that saber box! Did you make that?

Also nice review.  Smiley

Yeah, it was like 8 bucks at a craft store.  I just weathered it and made the Aurebesh letters for my last name.  Thanks for the comment!
May the force be with you!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: