Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Photos: Meet the Characters and Go on Set  (Read 7313 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: May 23, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »

Get an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Annie Leibovitz photographs the places and faces behind the film.

HOT TAKE
Members of the crew shade and shine Daniels, the only cast member to appear in all nine of the Skywalker films, while BB-8 looks on.

J.J. Abrams, alongside Stunt Coordinator Eunice Huthart, directs the Knights of Ren; elite fearsome enforcers of Kylo Ren’s dark will.

FIRST LOOK
Vanity Fair reveals Keri Russell as the masked scoundrel Zorri Bliss, seen in the Thieves’ Quarter of the snow-dusted world Kijimi.

FORCE MAJEURE
First Order leaders General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson) and Allegiant General Pryde (Richard E. Grant) on the bridge of Kylo Ren’s destroyer.

DESERT POWER
Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca), Ridley, Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), and John Boyega (Finn) await the call to action for a chase scene.

SANDBLAST
Camera operator Colin Anderson readies a take for a chase sequence spotlighting the heroics of Chewbacca, BB-8, and Rey

PUNCH IT!
In a historic reunion, Lando Calrissian (Billy Dee Williams) retakes the helm of the Millennium Falcon, joined by Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), Chewbacca, D-O, and BB-8. “He’s a survivor,” Williams says of Lando.

Finn and new ally Jannah (Naomi Ackie), atop hardy orbaks, lead the charge against the mechanized forces of the First Order. “It’s extremely surreal to be in it,” says Ackie, “and see how it works from the inside.”

Camera operator Colin Anderson readies a

WELL MET
Jordanian locals play the Aki-Aki, natives of the planet Pasaana.

STAR CROSSED
Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and Rey battle it out with lightsabers in a stormy confrontation. Their Force-connection—what Driver calls their “maybe-bond”—will turn out to run even deeper than previously revealed.

Director and co-writer J. J. Abrams and crew weather the Jordanian sun to capture the action on planet Pasaana.

ENCORE
Composer John Williams conducting the Star Wars score, drawing on themes and motifs he has woven across four decades. “I didn’t think there would ever be a second film,” he says.

FROM THE ASHES
Mark Hamill, as Luke, with R2-D2. Speculation is rampant about who will “rise” as the Skywalker of the movie’s title—and how that choice will reflect the way the world has changed since Star Wars debuted in 1977.

Source: Vanity Fair
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/photos/2019/05/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-exclusive-photos

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 07:09:57 PM »

Get an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Annie Leibovitz photographs the places and faces behind the film.

HOT TAKE
Members of the crew shade and shine Daniels, the only cast member to appear in all nine of the Skywalker films, while BB-8 looks on.

J.J. Abrams, alongside Stunt Coordinator Eunice Huthart, directs the Knights of Ren; elite fearsome enforcers of Kylo Ren’s dark will.

FIRST LOOK
Vanity Fair reveals Keri Russell as the masked scoundrel Zorri Bliss, seen in the Thieves’ Quarter of the snow-dusted world Kijimi.

FORCE MAJEURE
First Order leaders General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson) and Allegiant General Pryde (Richard E. Grant) on the bridge of Kylo Ren’s destroyer.

DESERT POWER
Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca), Ridley, Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), and John Boyega (Finn) await the call to action for a chase scene.

SANDBLAST
Camera operator Colin Anderson readies a take for a chase sequence spotlighting the heroics of Chewbacca, BB-8, and Rey

PUNCH IT!
In a historic reunion, Lando Calrissian (Billy Dee Williams) retakes the helm of the Millennium Falcon, joined by Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), Chewbacca, D-O, and BB-8. “He’s a survivor,” Williams says of Lando.

Finn and new ally Jannah (Naomi Ackie), atop hardy orbaks, lead the charge against the mechanized forces of the First Order. “It’s extremely surreal to be in it,” says Ackie, “and see how it works from the inside.”

Camera operator Colin Anderson readies a

WELL MET
Jordanian locals play the Aki-Aki, natives of the planet Pasaana.

STAR CROSSED
Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and Rey battle it out with lightsabers in a stormy confrontation. Their Force-connection—what Driver calls their “maybe-bond”—will turn out to run even deeper than previously revealed.

Director and co-writer J. J. Abrams and crew weather the Jordanian sun to capture the action on planet Pasaana.

ENCORE
Composer John Williams conducting the Star Wars score, drawing on themes and motifs he has woven across four decades. “I didn’t think there would ever be a second film,” he says.

FROM THE ASHES
Mark Hamill, as Luke, with R2-D2. Speculation is rampant about who will “rise” as the Skywalker of the movie’s title—and how that choice will reflect the way the world has changed since Star Wars debuted in 1977.

Source: Vanity Fair
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/photos/2019/05/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-exclusive-photos

Oh SWEET!

Loving some of these pics; thanks for posting Infinit01!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 07:13:45 PM »

You're welcome, glad that you enjoyed them

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 08:02:07 PM »

50 years and Lando hasn't changed his outfit? Because obviously SW fans are too stupid to figure out it's Lando without another nostalgic throwback. Thanks Jar-Jar.

Anybody else seeing a Rocketeer ripoff?

Let's hope Finn's new girlfriend doesn't stop him from saving the day this time.

Also, don't these mounts look a little familiar?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 08:24:38 PM »

Let's hope Finn's new girlfriend doesn't stop him from saving the day this time.

I cant stop staring at how she is holding that bow...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 08:47:49 PM »

I cant stop staring at how she is holding that bow...
That'll probably be the least of our woes. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 08:50:27 PM »

*sigh* you're probably right.....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 02:59:58 AM »

Give that man a prize!

...or a Point  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 05:59:26 AM »

50 years and Lando hasn't changed his outfit? Because obviously SW fans are too stupid to figure out it's Lando without another nostalgic throwback. Thanks Jar-Jar.

Anybody else seeing a Rocketeer ripoff?

Also, don't these mounts look a little familiar?

And there's the Logos bash. We all know you strongly dislike the sequel trilogy, but if you don't have anything good to say, just don't say anything at all. I have my fair share of problems with the sequels, but I don't hate on them every single chance I get.

As for "Finn's new girlfriend", I'm guessing it is either Finn's sister, or Lando's daughter.

And do you really find it hard to believe that Lando might just like to wear a yellow shirt? Obviously it isn't the same one as from Solo, that one was torn to shreds.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »

And there's the Logos bash. We all know you strongly dislike the sequel trilogy, but if you don't have anything good to say, just don't say anything at all. I have my fair share of problems with the sequels, but I don't hate on them every single chance I get.

As for "Finn's new girlfriend", I'm guessing it is either Finn's sister, or Lando's daughter.

And do you really find it hard to believe that Lando might just like to wear a yellow shirt? Obviously it isn't the same one as from Solo, that one was torn to shreds.
Right now I'm just poking fun. Yes I know he's changed clothes. DUH! Billy Dee isn't exactly a slim young man anymore, so sizing would be an issue. Yes I've considered that he just digs the look (kinda like I dig T-shirt and jeans), but change up the color palette. I actually was happy that they made it a character trait in Solo; Lando digs capes. He wore one in ESB. He wore one with his uniform in ROTJ. And then in Solo they just made that his style, he has a whole closet full of capes. But honestly, JJ's seeming obsession with throw backs leaves a foul taste.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 02:06:15 PM »

Excited to hear more on Kylo and Rey's force-bond

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 04:52:40 PM »

Excited to hear more on Kylo and Rey's force-bond
According to the last movie, that bond was Snoke's doing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 05:01:54 PM »

FIRST LOOK
While it does remind me a little of the Rocketeer, that is no bad thing. I LOVE the Rocketeer and Keri Russell is an extremely talented actress. This is definitely my favourite photo of the lot.

According to the interview, Kylo Ren is "mowing down the Knights of Ren" in the trailer Shocked

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »

Poor Anthony Daniels having to wear that death suit on location.  That mans a champion.

Having a pretty dang accurate Kylo suit, that capes like the tin foil on a baked potato.  These poor guys.

That boy with the gun arm....I want to make that happen.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 05:28:07 PM »

While it does remind me a little of the Rocketeer, that is no bad thing. I LOVE the Rocketeer and Keri Russell is an extremely talented actress. This is definitely my favourite photo of the lot.

According to the interview, Kylo Ren is "mowing down the Knights of Ren" in the trailer Shocked

So.....Why?  This is one of the main sticking points of TLJ....The Knights of Ren were built up in name and Rey's Vision....but then...nothing.  Now Kylo is killing them?  This movie has a lot of work ahead of it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: