Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Photos: Meet the Characters and Go on Set  (Read 7304 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »

He doesn't interact with anyone, move or do anything other than be still.  I know technically he's not shut down...but for all the good he does in  TFA he might as well be shut down.     Here is a bit from the TFA Novelization:

THE SEARCH HAD taken BB-8 some time, but he finally found what he was looking for. Or rather, who. Or maybe both, since an intelligent droid technically qualified as both a who and a what. In the dark, dusty storeroom he rolled over to the R2 unit and beeped a greeting, the transmission sequence too rapid and too exhaustive for any human to follow. It didn’t matter. There was no response from the immobile R2 unit.
 BB-8 tried again, utilizing a different droid language. When that also failed, he moved forward and gave the other mechanical a forceful nudge. Like everything else, that too failed to generate a response.
 Observing the unsuccessful interaction, C-3PO came forward out of the shadows. “You’re wasting your time, I’m afraid. It is very doubtful that Artoo would have the rest of the map in his backup data.” When BB-8 queried the protocol droid, C-3PO responded without hesitation.
“He’s been locked down in self-imposed low-power mode. He just hasn’t been the same since Master Luke went away.”
Although the writing is pretentious, it almost fills in gaps. But how does BB know about R2 and that he has maps?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: