Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Customized Dark Sentinel v5 -- "Knight of Ren"  (Read 1256 times)
Streen
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« on: May 23, 2019, 05:20:43 PM »

So I decided to get me a Dark Sentinel, and throw a Kylo Ren spin on it.  Here are a few thumbnails:

I started with weathering, rubbing sandpaper over the entire hilt and I'm pretty happy with it, though I may do more.  I then wrapped the base in leather.  The blade I covered in 2 tubes of clear silicone caulk, giving it that Kylo Ren appearance (if anyone's curious how to do that, I'd be happy to detail that here).  I call this saber, "Knight of Ren"

And a video demo:

https://youtu.be/JETOxki_vfc

I started with Foxtrotte's Kylo Ren sound font, but recently changed over to Arbiter's.

Enjoy Smiley

Streen
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 08:35:11 PM »

Hmmm... the pics didn't show... maybe this will work:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/czQM5tP2qFq69AcL7

This is the weathering I really wanted:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7PRiRMAjR9QBgVDP8

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 10:04:00 PM »

Most of the lightsaber enthusiasts here use Imgur for photos. It's a free service and works well. If you use Imgur, use the link that shows [IMG].

I'm not sure about google album pictures. Hopefully someone with more experience with that will chime in.

My question is, doesn't 2 tubes worth of silicone caulk make the blade heavier than the hilt?

Nice weathering on the hilt.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 12:51:00 AM »

Very nice for sure though. Kinda makes me wanna send mine back in for a blade color change Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 01:18:29 AM »

Nice work. Weathering looks good, especially on the pommel. I really like the wrap too. Bet it feels great

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 02:32:06 AM »

So I decided to get me a Dark Sentinel, and throw a Kylo Ren spin on it.  Here are a few thumbnails:

I started with weathering, rubbing sandpaper over the entire hilt and I'm pretty happy with it, though I may do more.  I then wrapped the base in leather.  The blade I covered in 2 tubes of clear silicone caulk, giving it that Kylo Ren appearance (if anyone's curious how to do that, I'd be happy to detail that here).  I call this saber, "Knight of Ren"

And a video demo:

https://youtu.be/JETOxki_vfc

I started with Foxtrotte's Kylo Ren sound font, but recently changed over to Arbiter's.

Enjoy Smiley

made a silicone "enhanced" blade as well…Those look rad when complete.

pictures?

also, look for a video of a kitbashed saber build on youtube for a really awesome KoR saber from a Dominix v3

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Streen
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 01:19:28 PM »

My question is, doesn't 2 tubes worth of silicone caulk make the blade heavier than the hilt?

LOL, not as much as you might think, but with it being a "sithy" saber, it kind of feels right for it to be heavy.

Thanks all for the compliments! Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: