Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New owner diamond font editing question  (Read 1794 times)
Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« on: May 24, 2019, 08:09:23 PM »

At the end of next week I'll have my first diamond saber. When adding new fonts is it wise to just update the default and leave the others the way the are? Or back the other fonts up and overwrite them with new ones?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:25:53 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Diamond: Graflex SE

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 08:27:55 PM »

That is really up to your personal preference.  The diamond saber comes loaded with 6 or 8 default fonts. I don't remember which.  The diamond saber has 16 font spaces though. So you will have a lot of empty slots to fill. No need to write over the default fonts! Not right away at least. 
 If you are making a font from scratch, it is easier to load a default font and edit that. If you try to create a new font in an empty font slot, the program can act up and do odd stuff.
 Hope that answers your question.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 08:28:52 PM »

If it's a completely new font, I'd put it in a new bank. If it's just a small change (volume or light effects), you can just edit that specific font.

Doing a backup is always a good idea, though. Just in case something goes wrong...you can also find the default fonts in the shop (free of charge, of course).

Edit: Okay, KS was faster...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »

You cleared it up perfect. Thank you. I didn't know there were spaces for more fonts. I appreciate the help!

That is really up to your personal preference.  The diamond saber comes loaded with 6 or 8 default fonts. I don't remember which.  The diamond saber has 16 font spaces though. So you will have a lot of empty slots to fill. No need to write over the default fonts! Not right away at least. 
 If you are making a font from scratch, it is easier to load a default font and edit that. If you try to create a new font in an empty font slot, the program can act up and do odd stuff.
 Hope that answers your question.

Kaimod1982
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 08:34:03 PM »

Thank you very much for the info. I didn't know the default fonts were available. Smiley Just in case i mess up lol.

If it's a completely new font, I'd put it in a new bank. If it's just a small change (volume or light effects), you can just edit that specific font.

Doing a backup is always a good idea, though. Just in case something goes wrong...you can also find the default fonts in the shop (free of charge, of course).

Edit: Okay, KS was faster...

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 08:51:50 PM »

Okay, KS was faster...
Sorry, I'm not trying to step on your toes, so to speak!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 06:26:35 PM »

It's okay, I can't be everywhere, so I appreciate any help Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: