Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Customizing a Dark Initiate v4  (Read 2764 times)
JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« on: May 26, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »

Hello, I am new to the lightsaber realm and am wanting to customize my saber.  I am starting out with an Ultrasabers Dark Initiate v4 with an orange blade.  I have an illuminated Anti-vandal activation switch and Obsidian v3 soundboard to install.  What I am really asking about, however, is shroud ideas or other ways to dress it up.  Seriously considering basing it on Qui Gon Jinn's Lightsaber.

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Witchpig
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 16

Judge me by my size, do you?

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 05:38:50 PM »

You can sand off the black anodizing and make it look weathered, or use PVC pipes to create shrouds or grips. You could do a leather wrap, to give the saber an organic feel. Or if you have a Dremel (or any other rotary tool), you could add some serious battle scars. There are lots of pinned threads at the top of the Customization category on here that have great tutorials for such things. Look around and get inspired!

Initiate V3 LE
Dark Initiate V4
Apprentice V4 LE

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 02:52:16 AM »

I've used a leather wrap for the grips on my pair of Dark Initiate V4 LEs for my 'T'Shalla's Herald' saberstaff
I also sanded off some of the anodizing at the edges.

There's a lot you can do with it

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 04:09:00 PM »

I have decided total model my saber after QUi GOn Jinn's lightsaber.  Thus I will be making a shroud for my Dark Initiate that looks like the one from US' Consular.  debating whether to use a sink drain tube or to just purchase a length a length of aluminum tubing and cut it from that.

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 05:13:29 PM »

I have decided total model my saber after QUi GOn Jinn's lightsaber.  Thus I will be making a shroud for my Dark Initiate that looks like the one from US' Consular.  debating whether to use a sink drain tube or to just purchase a length a length of aluminum tubing and cut it from that.

Depending on the wall thickness of the aluminum tubing, it will make it easier to not have sharp edges, though it may add more girth to the hilt.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 05:19:08 PM »

Curious if the Consular shroud would fit on that saber.  Just a thought

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 05:27:20 PM »

Even if it did. I am toying with the idea of extending the rear portion to rise above the emitter

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »

While I haven't done any actual measuring on it, at a glance, the Consular shroud, or a similiar tube should fit
TCSS sells that sort of tubing

Darth Jaximus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

New to the Ultrasabers and Saberforum community19.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 12:33:56 AM »

The following are the 3 custom hilts I did today. The pics don’t do them justice, then green especially. It looks awesome in person with the metallic green and bronze combo.

Big shoutout to Darth Rifton and Bulvoy for their tutorial threads. Found below.

Bulvoy’s leather wrap tutorial:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30775.0

Darth Rifton’s Dry brush weathering tutorial:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7716.0

Here you will fine my Dark Apprentice LE V4 (BR), Initiate LE V4 (CG), Dominix LE V3 (SD) before and after shots

My sabers:
-Dark Apprentice V4 LE x2, Initiate V4 LE, Apprentice V4 LE x2, Dominix V3 LE, Aeon V3 LE, Dark Sentinel V3 LE

Wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3, Bellicose, Archon V2.1 (BVA), Manticore (AB), Consular, Menance CE x2 (BR - Maul staff), Raven, Lost Gray (AS), Fulcrum (AS), Grand Master, Archon V3.1, Dark Mantis (BR), emperors hand (VA)

RadeFox
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 04:09:21 AM »

Those are great,  I love the green one too! I'd give a point, but I haven't a clue how to do it.  Embarrassed

My Ulttasabers: Centurion- an Aeon LE v5
                             -Black Combat Ready Fallen

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 11:54:36 PM »

To make a Qui Gon style shroud is not difficult. I would recommend hitting up your local hardware store and getting a "sink tailpiece extension" .  They come in 6" and 12" sections and 1 1/2 diameter should be perfect. It is chrome covered brass. Once you cut it lengthwise it will spring open a little wider. Trace out the shape and use tin snips to cut it out. Sand the edges to get the sharpness out and you may have to reset the shape a little. Slide it on and affix with a couple 4-40 screws and your done.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Darth Jaximus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

New to the Ultrasabers and Saberforum community19.

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 01:19:28 AM »

Got a pic TR-77477?
I’m having trouble visualizing it

My sabers:
-Dark Apprentice V4 LE x2, Initiate V4 LE, Apprentice V4 LE x2, Dominix V3 LE, Aeon V3 LE, Dark Sentinel V3 LE

Wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3, Bellicose, Archon V2.1 (BVA), Manticore (AB), Consular, Menance CE x2 (BR - Maul staff), Raven, Lost Gray (AS), Fulcrum (AS), Grand Master, Archon V3.1, Dark Mantis (BR), emperors hand (VA)

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 07:20:46 AM »

I’ll see what I can come up with and post them later

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB

Gifted

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 07:52:53 PM »

This is a sink tailpiece.

If you split it length wise, it makes a good shroud. They will not fit over a US hilt un-split as they are a little smaller in diameter. You can also find them made from white plastic but I like working with the brass.

Make-A-Wish Donations

Gifted

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 11:04:56 PM »

You can also pick up lengths of shroud material from TCSS that will fit Ultrasabers hilts.
One length gave me the shrouds on my Duron's Lance and Therion's Fire hilts, which are basically Ultrasabers Catalysts

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: