Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Learning English with ... Emperor Palpatine?  (Read 717 times)
Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« on: May 27, 2019, 08:11:21 AM »

My son's recently got a few 'Learning English' CDs, audio plays of Otfried Preussler stories ('The Little Ghost', 'The Little Witch' & 'The Little Water Sprite') which were extended with a reason why the main char has to / wants to learn English.

I noticed that in the 'Little Water Sprite' story the 'old carp Cyprinus' is voiced by the German 'voice' of Emperor Palpatine (Friedhelm Ptok).
Well, to be more exact, I was listening casually and suddenly heard the Emperor say (roughly translated) 'Oh that fisherman! I would love to devour HIM!' Grin

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 11:07:39 PM »

My son's recently got a few 'Learning English' CDs, audio plays of Otfried Preussler stories ('The Little Ghost', 'The Little Witch' & 'The Little Water Sprite') which were extended with a reason why the main char has to / wants to learn English.

I noticed that in the 'Little Water Sprite' story the 'old carp Cyprinus' is voiced by the German 'voice' of Emperor Palpatine (Friedhelm Ptok).
Well, to be more exact, I was listening casually and suddenly heard the Emperor say (roughly translated) 'Oh that fisherman! I would love to devour HIM!' Grin

HAHA! Just avoid 'Learning English' with Gungans.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: