Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: T&P Tatooine  (Read 1271 times)
Kaboose0008
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 08:53:44 AM »

:: Shriah Tharn, Human Mercenary ::
:: Tatooine, Mos Espa ::

Shriah laughed, and used a thumb to point toward where the others had gone, "That's the place." Shriah had given the young Nikto a thorough looking over as she approached him but once she was closer to him she noted something she found just a bit out of place. He carried himself just a bit differently than any other Nikto she had encountered before. Of course they had been in the employ of a Hutt or crime boss of some type. She reasoned that he may well have had a better upbringing than the others of his species that she had dealt with. That made her just a bit curious. "Come on, I'll be nice and buy you a drink."

Rough Knight
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 07:18:47 PM »

::Barl, Coynite, Mercenary::
::Mos Espa, Tatooine::

Barl took his time crossing the street as he contemplated the change in his mission. A simple scouting job had now turning into something more complicated, not to mention working with unknown members of other organisations.  The Coynite speculated on who those other organisations might be, perhaps other businesses, or shipping companies, perhaps the Hutts considering that this was a Hutt world. That would also assume that the Hutts weren’t responsible for the missing shipments in the first place. There were many more questions than answers.

Barl reached the doorway, it was low and he had to duck under and the stairs that descended beyond it were narrow by Coynite standards. At the bottom of the stairs Barl emerged into a dark and relatively crowded bar. He looked around, noticing a wide variety of species as his eye adjusted to the low light. Not seeing anyone immediately obvious as the agents the message had directed him to meet, Barl made his way to the bar. Taking his place next to a Trandoshan who was slumped over his drink Barl ordered a Utoz and threw some credits onto the Bar. The Bartender poured the Coynites drink then said “keep your credits” and nodded over towards the far corner of the bar.

Barl turned around and saw the hooded figure he had seen outside accompanied by the Mandalorian who he had also noticed. The cold feeling he had felt when he had first seen the hooded figure was for the most part gone now just an odd sensation that remained at the back of the Coynites mind, somehow just out of reach.

Making his way to the table in the corner Barl pulled up a chair at the far end from the hooded figure, who on close inspection seemed to be Human and the Mandalorian who sat next to him. The table was too low for the Barl to fit his legs under comfortably so he sat some way back, propping his Coyn’skar poleaxe, against the wall next to him in easy reach. Reaching forward Barl placed his still full glass on the table and addressed the two in his gravelly tones.

“Which of you am I to acknowledge for this drink?” he said.

wandering-seeker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 05:45:04 AM »

::Talon Gim, Mandalorian Mercenary::

Talon didn't exactly tense as the big Coynite crossed the bar to pull out one of the chairs opposite where he and the Dar'Jetii were sitting. Behind his visor, he flickered a glance at the alien's polearm, evaluating it with a soldier's calculus. It wasn't a great weapon for these close quarters, if a fight was necessary, the Coynite was probably experienced enough to rely first and foremost on raw strength and his body. Which made it fortunate, from Talon's perspective, at least, that all his weapons were much better suited to a fight in these close quarters.

He was a bit surprised by the Coynite's fluency, the ones he had encountered in the past had spoken some Basic, but most hadn't been very fluent. Then again, he'd never tried to talk to them, much. This individual was much easier to understand which he supposed could be a benefit if they were going to need to work together. Talon didn't bother speaking to answer the question, just tilted his armored head in a small nod in the direction of the Dar'Jetii to his left.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 04:08:45 PM »

:: Darth Sallow, Human Sith Lord::
:: The Drink, Mos Espa, Tatooine::

Sallow smiled at the Coynite, direct and to the point.  “My name is Darth Sallow and I am the one who purchased the drinks, I am here on behalf of the Empire, from what I have been told it sounds like there are several organizations that are having a . . .” Sallow paused for a moment with a contemplative look upon his face, “shared problem.”

Taking a sip of his drink Sallow watched the door, “I am under the impression that the Republic may even be kind enough to send a representative of their own.  Have either of you had much dealings with the Republic?”

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Rough Knight
Knight Templar

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 04:53:30 PM »

::Mos Espa,Tatooine::

Barl noted the Mandalorians gesture indicating that the Human had purchased the drinks, the Coynite picked up the glass and drank some of the contents before replacing it on the table and giving a small formal nod of his head to the Human who had introduced himself as Darth Sallow.
Barl had the idea that Darth was a rank rather than a name and a high rank within the Sith as far as he understood.

“I am under the impression that the Republic may even be kind enough to send a representative of their own.  Have either of you had much dealings with the Republic?”  The Sith inquired.

Barl considered his response for a moment, “I haave undertaken contracts with the Re’public” he said “some on their planets that need to return to Sarrh…. as you may say Law. Others on systems where the armies of the Re’public are needed else’where, but Sarrh is needed in the system”. I have not had the pleasurre of working for the Ehm’pirre yet, though other members of my Guild have and do curr’ehntly.”

Looking back to the Mandalorian Barl addressed him directly “I have had many dealings with the Mand’ah’lorr’ians however, both in Kabar’Ba and Kabar’Rattar…. that is in battle and friendship…… and sometimes both”.
 As he said it the Coynites hand strayed involuntarily to the small piece of blue-green metal that was one of the ornaments woven into his long beard. It had cost a small fortune to have it carved and engraved with Coynite runes but then Mandalorian armour was tough.

wandering-seeker
Knight Officer

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »

"I cannot say I've ever been friends with a Coynite... Though I have faced several across the field of Akun, war." As he spoke, Talon eyed that little piece of metal from behind his visor, his eyes narrowed. "They were mighty fighters, worthy of respect as proper Verda."

Turning his attention to Darth Sallow, Talon considered the Sith's question. He'd faced members of the Republic military, as well as an assortment of Jetii, several of whose broken sabers he wore hanging from his belt to either side of his heavy Beskad. "I've fought the Republic a few times, killed their agents. Some of them were worthy Verdan as well and I honor their memory."

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 06:29:02 PM »

:: Darth Sallow, Human Sith Lord::
:: The Drink, Mos Espa, Tatooine::

Sallow listened to the Mandalorian and Coynite as they spoke, they both seemed to put a lot of stock in honor, which was good honor was an easy thing to manipulate in warrior. Honor and pride the downfall of many a would be leader. “Well it is good that someone has worked with the Republic before, I have seen their forces on the battlefield but have never worked with them in any way.”

Sallow took a drink and looked at the glass for a moment before continuing, “It has been quite some time since I have even seen a Jedi, since before the treaty was signed, I’ve spent most of the last decade instructing new soldiers and would be Sith on the true meaning of the force and where their allegiances should lie.”

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1798

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 08:49:09 PM »

:: Coryn Nabor, Jedi Apprentice ::

The young woman laughed, and he Coryn knew he had succeeded. The laugh took the edge out of her voice, and Coryn could tell that she would be considered attractive by human standards.

The female pointed behind her to a door to bar that Coryn had already figured out was the ‘Drink’, and offered to buy him a drink. He could not really refuse, and it would give him a good reason to be in the building without looking like he was scoping it out.

“I will take you up on your offer,” Coryn said, “though I should be the one buying you the drink.”

He pulled his hood down and motioned the mercenary to go in ahead of him. Most males in the galaxy did not have the same respect for women that the Jedi did, and even though she was a mercenary, that didn’t change the fact that she was a woman. It would probably make him stand out, but it was more important to Coryn to follow his beliefs than remain undetected when he was not technically on a ‘deep cover’ mission.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

Kaboose0008
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »

When the man mentioned him being the one to buy the drinks, Shriah's face turned somewhat cold. She took a moment to consider the man's words. While he looked as though he belonged amongst Tatooine's populace, his actions seemed contradictory. He seemed respectful, which for the people she usually associated with was vastly different than she had been expecting.

"Never had anyone turn down an offer for a free drink before." she said flatly, "Still I understand, I don't like people paying for my drinks."

Rough Knight
Knight Templar

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 06:47:03 PM »

Barl listened with interest as Darth Sallow spoke, since leaving his homeworld the Coynite had heard much of the Sith and the Jedi but had yet to work with either. He had watched holos of them but this was the first one he had met and that was certainly something that stirred his curiosity.

As for the Mandalorian, Barls first impression was guarded. He had fought many Mandalorian raiders in the minor systems that the Republic were not able to constantly garrison. He had also fought alongside Manadalorian mercenaries at times and the Coynite Mercenary Guild even employed some Mandalorians as trainers at the training facility on Elrood. It seemed this Mandalorian may be one of the honourable type. Barl wondered if he was in the employ of the Empire but there was no point in asking such questions.

Barl picked up his drink again and looked around the bar in an effort to see if he could see the Republic representative, the Coynite hoped it would be a Jedi as it would be interesting to see both a Sith and Jedi in action.

wandering-seeker
Knight Officer

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 10:29:55 PM »

Talon crossed his arms low over his abdomen in a resting posture that casually left one guantleted hand by the hilt of his Beskad as he watched the door. There was still no sign of the female mercenary and the fact sent a quiet trickle of tension into his arms. Idly, he cycled through his visor settings, normal to infrared to low-light and back to normal. Outwardly immobile, he looked content to remain in his seat indefinitely.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 07:21:49 PM »

::Darth Sallow, Human Sith Lord::
::The Drink, Mos Espa, Tatooine::

Sallow raised his glass with his right hand his arm arched slightly as he studied the two in front of him as he took a long drink. Neither seemed overly willing to start a conversation, but that was often the way with mercenaries, they either song praises of their triumphs until you wanted to strangle them mid speech or they stayed silent making you pry information from them bit by painful bit.

“I don’t know what you have been told by your contacts, but I can tell you that Imperial weapon shipments have been hit several times over the last few weeks and all of our evidence points towards this planet being the home base for whomever is launching these raids.”

Sallow smirked, “I do have give them some credit, it takes a lot of grit to hit the Empire and if the two of you are here I assume we aren’t the only ones who have been hit.”

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1798

Lord of the Force

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »

:: Coryn Nabor, Jedi Apprentice ::

The mercenary did not immediately head into the tavern, but instead spoke as if he had refused a drink. He was not sure what she was talking about where it was something in her human or mercenary culture, but whatever it was she seemed to be confused about what he  had said.

“I believe you are mistaken ma’am. I did not intend to refuse a drink, but was stating that I should have offered to buy you a drink first. I meant no disrespect.” Coryn spoke still trying to understand if he had said something wrong or not. “Please, let us go inside out of the heat. It is my understanding that humans are generally not accustomed to such heat as is found on planets such as this, and you must be feeling very warm with all of the armour and gear you are wearing.”

He hoped this was not too off-putting, but he tended to become far more formal in his speech when he thought he may have done something wrong.

“Please, after you.” He said, once again motioning for the mercenary to enter ahead of him.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

Kaboose0008
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 10:18:44 AM »

Shriah gave a slight nod at the Nikto's clarification. She began moving in the direction of the place called 'Drink'.

"The heat doesn't really bother me too much." she said, "Not a much as I'd be bothered if I'd have thought you disrespected me anyway. Where'd you learn such good manners? It's a bit out of place from my experiences with other Nikto."

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2019, 06:00:05 AM »

:: Darth Sallow, Human Sith Lord ::
:: The Drink, Mos Espa, Tatooine ::

The force moved, Sallow could feel the Jedi before he saw him, and the moment came closer. Sallow blinked his eyes and in the brief second they were closed he could see the Jedi approaching with one other clouded in shadow.

The Jedi was a Nikto, which made some sense if the Jedi wanted to keep their presence here unnoticed a Nikto would blend in. That was a strength of the Jedi, when they chose to they could blend in be a part of the local environment, the Sith, the Sith did not have that ability they almost always stood out where ever they walked. The power of the dark side emanated from them in a way that was only contained by the most trained, contained by the powers of those who excelled in deceit and deception.

Sallow’s eyes opened again, he had always preferred the straight approach force against force, warriors battling in the open the mightiest prevailing. To no one in particular he spoke out, “I believe our friends are arriving.”

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: