Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Species  (Read 5844 times)
JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« on: May 28, 2019, 12:30:29 AM »

I have created a new Star Wars species called the Fi'arii and just wondered how people feel about this.  If people are receptive, I will tell more about them and start posting fan fiction that I have started writing

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 12:40:04 AM »

A whole new species?   Cool!  I certainly want to hear about them!    I'll probably want to write about them, too!   LOL

Post away!   We're always open to new things.   I invented a new way to use the force (Mak'Tor singers) and we've developed an entire parallel set of Jedi and non-Jedi orders, plus the Aethans...  Who are another new species, now that I think on it...

So yeah, we're very receptive!   Post away!   I'm extremely curious now!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 02:13:21 AM »

Great! Another story that I somehow have to find time to read! Grin Wink

Yeah, post away. Like Karm said, we are not new to new species. The Aethans are technically a new species, and even the Mak'Tor and Vhal'Dan could be considered species (though not really, because they are just groups of Force users). Though not a people group, I too have created a new species called Synyps, which are a birdlike animal. Then there are multiple new planets that we have all come up with.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 02:19:59 AM »

I echo the others here when I say that I'm very curious to hear of your new species Smiley I'm sure they will find their way into the "ForumVerse"

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 02:22:29 AM »

I echo the others here when I say that I'm very curious to hear of your new species Smiley I'm sure they will find their way into the "ForumVerse"

Hey! Angry We promised not to force the ForumVerse onto anyone. Even if we do want to steal get his permission to use his ideas and somehow incorporate them into our stories. Wink

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 02:25:01 AM »

Hey!  >:(We promised not to force the ForumVerse onto anyone. Even if we do want to steal get his permission to use his ideas and somehow incorporate them into our stories. Wink

Not forced per se.... Wink

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 03:10:08 AM »

Yep Always welcome for new ideas, The galaxy is huge vast areas unexplored, we have all came up with numerous new planets, cultures, characters and concepts, my own the Aethans - as Karm and Taegin noted - being a humanoid genetically engineered and selectively bred species originally based on Humans/Miraluka ending up radically different in biology and culture (if not outward appearance) and interact with famous Jedi such as Yoda in our stories.

More unique ideas are always awesome to hear and welcome.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 03:43:15 AM »

The Fi'arii look like redheaded humans with amber to bright yellow eyes with a red rim around the iris. The red rim is a little more prominent in the females.  The main other visible difference between humans and the Fi'arii is that Fi'arii ears are flat to their skulls.

More later

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 03:40:21 PM »

The Fi'arii have their own order of Force-sensitive knights called the Suva,arii, which in the native tongue means "Guardians of the Shadow."  Most would likely mistake a Suva'arii Knight for a grey Jedi which they are not of course.  Their philosophies are somewhat like the grey Jedi.  Here is one key difference between a Jedi and a Suva'arii.  AS we all well know, when a Jedi becomes a padawan, a long, thin braid is placed in their hair.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »

JNovaarii,
First of all: welcome to the Fan Fic Forum!  Here (and I feel confident in speaking for my fellow authors) we all love hearing/reading about creative new characters and species!  I have to say that I am already interested in hearing more about your Fi'arii (great name!) and the details of their physiology/history/culture  Smiley

On this point (and I know that LR has the best of intents  Smiley), I would love to incorporate the Fi'arii (again: what a fantastic name) into the Forumverse!  Of course and as TR so eloquently brought up, we NEVER force the Forumverse onto anyone...but he's right: I'd love to steal ask for permission to use the Fi'arii in upcoming stories as well  Grin

Also JNovaarii, I HIGHLY recommend that--if you enjoy SW stories--you might want to read the various works done by Karmack, Lord_S_Gray, Taegin Roan, TheDrunkenConsular, and Lady Revan.  I can personally attest that they are all excellent stories, even better than many of the EU books.  And, should you feel the inclination, I would love to read anything you have related to the Fi'arii  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »

The Suva'arii are different in that they acquire their braid once they enter into training and keep it once they achieve knighthood.  One difference though is when they become a full knight, the feather of a specific bird is tied to the end of the braid.  The braid is always on the right side of the head.  One of the tasks to complete in the knight trials is for the student or "discii" to acquire the feather.  Only once they have completed the trials and have been knighted may they display the feather in their braid.   All Suva'arii Knights carry two lightsabers with fuschia-colored blades.  Knights are expected to train in all forms of lightsaber combat.  Single wield, dual wield, and saberstaff.  The individual knight however ultimately chooses which they will choose to focus on

Once a knight has been in service for at least five years and has reached 20 galactic standard years of age they can apply to be a member of the Royal Guard.  When they have gone through that advanced training and passed the trials, then they are placed in the Roya Guard.   The Royal Guard serves the purpose of guarding all government buildings, royal palaces, etc.  Members of the Royal Guard carry orange bladed lightsaber pikes. 

As a member of the Royal Guard, a Suva'arii Knight can further distinguish themselves by being chosen to join the Elite Royal Guard.   Being chosen for the Elite Royal Guard is quite an honor as individual members of the royal family choose members of the Royal Guard to be part of the personal security detail.  Each member of the Elite Royal Guard carries two orange bladed lightsabers.  These lightsabers exactly like the Grand Master lightsaber that US sells.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 06:39:16 PM »

Sweet rundown!  I'm imagining them as slightly elvish, or maybe like the Vorta, but obviously red-heads.  :-)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 01:46:59 AM »

The Suva'arii are different in that they acquire their braid once they enter into training and keep it once they achieve knighthood.  One difference though is when they become a full knight, the feather of a specific bird is tied to the end of the braid.  The braid is always on the right side of the head.  One of the tasks to complete in the knight trials is for the student or "discii" to acquire the feather.  Only once they have completed the trials and have been knighted may they display the feather in their braid.   All Suva'arii Knights carry two lightsabers with fuschia-colored blades.  Knights are expected to train in all forms of lightsaber combat.  Single wield, dual wield, and saberstaff.  The individual knight however ultimately chooses which they will choose to focus on

Once a knight has been in service for at least five years and has reached 20 galactic standard years of age they can apply to be a member of the Royal Guard.  When they have gone through that advanced training and passed the trials, then they are placed in the Roya Guard.   The Royal Guard serves the purpose of guarding all government buildings, royal palaces, etc.  Members of the Royal Guard carry orange bladed lightsaber pikes. 

As a member of the Royal Guard, a Suva'arii Knight can further distinguish themselves by being chosen to join the Elite Royal Guard.   Being chosen for the Elite Royal Guard is quite an honor as individual members of the royal family choose members of the Royal Guard to be part of the personal security detail.  Each member of the Elite Royal Guard carries two orange bladed lightsabers.  These lightsabers exactly like the Grand Master lightsaber that US sells.

Pink sabers and then Orange sabers? Sounds like me. Grin

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 02:03:10 PM »

Beware a Suva'arii bearing orange blades...    :-)

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 05:00:10 PM »

I would definitely welcome others using the Fi'arii in their stories.  Just let me tell more about them first.  Such as their physical appearance, etc.  I will be posting more about them this weekend

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: