Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 101032 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2019, 06:33:42 AM »

Very nice! I used to draw for more than half of my life, but I've let it slip for quite a while (playing music). I feel like getting some art supplies right now thanks to you. -1
I love the Trident! So good!
As far as it not being a saber, IMHO this thread should be for any hand drawn art. Forgive me if I'm stepping on toes, but I just found this thread the other day and it made me want to draw. Sabers should be the focus perhaps, but a drawing like the one you did of Revan shouldn't have to come with a request for forgiveness. Sorry if I sound super serious. I'm not. I just think sometimes my fellow forum family members are TOO nice (oh noes!). I doubt anyone is upset that you drew an awesome Revan instead of a saber. I hope to add to this thread soonn, and it wont just be sabers... unless anyone has a problem with that? 

Not at all! I’d love to see what you come up with!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2019, 03:13:45 PM »

Alright im gonna need all you dark siders tips on this one.

Next on my list was a "Sith" design but i forgot my drawing kit at home today so i was doodling out some rough sketches.

My brain, apparently, has issues with Sith themes because i could not doodle a design that I myself was pleased with. I circled the three that i thought were getting there, but couldnt find myself fully content with any of these - you guys got any tips / suggestions?  Undecided

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2019, 03:29:36 AM »

Next on my list was a "Sith" design but i forgot my drawing kit at home today so i was doodling out some rough sketches.

My brain, apparently, has issues with Sith themes because i could not doodle a design that I myself was pleased with. I circled the three that i thought were getting there, but couldnt find myself fully content with any of these - you guys got any tips / suggestions?  Undecided

I'm liking the Tyrants Word the most but I like the claws of the The Sith Path. I wish I had anything at all to draw with right now because I have an idea for the claws but I can't quite explain it. I'm thinking 8 claws. 4 higher than the rest, offset like saw teeth. Or if the claws on the Tyrants Word could have every claw that is only on the ring, lower than the rest by way of making the ring dip like a V in between each... I guess support claw? I hope some of that made sense. Smiley

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »

I'm liking the Tyrants Word the most but I like the claws of the The Sith Path. I wish I had anything at all to draw with right now because I have an idea for the claws but I can't quite explain it. I'm thinking 8 claws. 4 higher than the rest, offset like saw teeth. Or if the claws on the Tyrants Word could have every claw that is only on the ring, lower than the rest by way of making the ring dip like a V in between each... I guess support claw? I hope some of that made sense. Smiley

Appreciate the feedback. Ill tinker with the two and see if i cant make myself happy enough to post the result

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »

So writing this all out again cause my browser crashed right before hitting the post button  Roll Eyes

I'm pretty proud of this one, I hope you guys don't mind, I've attached a little writing experiment to this one.

The Acolyte looked down at the saber gripped in his hand; the device given so much love in its' construction and meaning.

y..you worthless wretch

The pommel stolen from the scepter of a master most cruel; the birth of a passion.

you think this is a victory? you th...

The grip three bones, cast in stone and wrapped in leather; the strength of the body.

...you think yourself powerful?

The power unit wrapped in chains; a Sith seeking only power is still bound by their weakness.

n-no. Heh. You'll never escape this place. You....

The chassis marked by tallies of the wielder's fallen enemies; each notch, a victory.

...you'll never escape me. You-you'll never be free of me.

The emitter adorned by a jeweled crown; the blade freely burning forth.

The Acolyte looked down at his bloodied master, whose blade now dripped with bloody irony. The Acolyte spoke.

"The Force shall free me."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2019, 05:59:13 PM »

Hi PsychoSith,

Another great design andI reckon this one would be a challenge to build. Bones used as the handgrip? But I do like that "crown" emitter.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2019, 06:00:52 PM »

Hi PsychoSith,

Another great design andI reckon this one would be a challenge to build. Bones used as the handgrip? But I do like that "crown" emitter.

Technically fossils at that. Not asking for a render on this one, it was a pain enough to draw  Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2019, 06:12:23 PM »

Technically fossils at that. Not asking for a render on this one, it was a pain enough to draw  Wink

I will still have a look at modeling this one...I like a challenge. Luckily I used a technique that created "bone-like" textures so it may be possible to build.

Anyway I'm still enjoying all the art as is a friend of mine I know through my blog. She is an artist and left nice comments about Altenweg II asking me to pass on her compliments. You have more fans than you think.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2019, 06:15:08 PM »

I will still have a look at modeling this one...I like a challenge. Luckily I used a technique that created "bone-like" textures so it may be possible to build.

Anyway I'm still enjoying all the art as is a friend of mine I know through my blog. She is an artist and left nice comments about Altenweg II asking me to pass on her compliments. You have more fans than you think.

Well doesnt that make me warm and fuzzy appreciated!  Grin

Good luck on the model and i'm pleased to announce youll have something in your inbox this week  Wink

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2019, 06:42:56 PM »

Hey PsychoSith!   I love this latest creation!   It looks worthy of Sauron himself!

(I know, I know, he's not Sith ... but what a Sith Lord he would have made!)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2019, 06:48:37 PM »

Hey PsychoSith!   I love this latest creation!   It looks worthy of Sauron himself!

I mean in all fairness he's very Vader-esque

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »

True enough!

Though on retrospect this looks a LOT like the crown/armor of the NazGul that attacks King Theoden outside of Minas Tirith...and is then killed by Aowen's vorpal blade....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »

May not be Sith, but he is a Dark Lord.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2019, 01:23:45 PM »

Touche

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2019, 03:53:14 PM »

Wow.

WOW!

WOW!!

These are phenomenal designs PS!  I especially like the 8th drawing; VERY nice marriage between "form" and "function"  Smiley

So writing this all out again cause my browser crashed right before hitting the post button  Roll Eyes

I'm pretty proud of this one, I hope you guys don't mind, I've attached a little writing experiment to this one.

The Acolyte looked down at the saber gripped in his hand; the device given so much love in its' construction and meaning.

y..you worthless wretch

The pommel stolen from the scepter of a master most cruel; the birth of a passion.

you think this is a victory? you th...

The grip three bones, cast in stone and wrapped in leather; the strength of the body.

...you think yourself powerful?

The power unit wrapped in chains; a Sith seeking only power is still bound by their weakness.

n-no. Heh. You'll never escape this place. You....

The chassis marked by tallies of the wielder's fallen enemies; each notch, a victory.

...you'll never escape me. You-you'll never be free of me.

The emitter adorned by a jeweled crown; the blade freely burning forth.

The Acolyte looked down at his bloodied master, whose blade now dripped with bloody irony. The Acolyte spoke.

"The Force shall free me."

YES!  This looks FANTASTIC!

Question: is there a canon saber for Darth Bane?  If not, I vote for this one!

Hmmm...which makes me think...PS, I love your history for this saber...I'll PM you about an idea I've got  Wink

There is just so much AWESOMENESS in this picture, I'm surprised that the Forums could contain it  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: