Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 101164 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2019, 04:43:41 PM »

Looks like your saber got a little melty.

Was going for bloody but i was short on time  Tongue

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2019, 01:30:45 PM »

Allright! I have my next few projects. I continued to dig through my older sketchboks and i found even more cringey teenage PsychoSith works i can re-do!

One of my first all-pen doodles!......It shows.

SWTOR Dark Jedi Nimrai. His bio exists somewhere on the older threads, which I'm not going to check because the cringe might kill me.

These I'm actually excited for! These were my first sabers that I designed and posted here on a thread from 2013. Sadly the image is no-longer viewable cause my Photobucket account is SUPER dead.

Should give me a few saber doodle projects!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »

Allright! I have my next few projects. I continued to dig through my older sketchboks and i found even more cringey teenage PsychoSith works i can re-do!

SWTOR Dark Jedi Nimrai. His bio exists somewhere on the older threads, which I'm not going to check because the cringe might kill me.

These I'm actually excited for! These were my first sabers that I designed and posted here on a thread from 2013. Sadly the image is no-longer viewable cause my Photobucket account is SUPER dead.

EDIT: Okay these will come AFTER my newest project! Logos gave me an idea!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2019, 03:40:04 PM »

Please PS, I think that we ALL have SOMETHING in our past (especially as teenagers) that we'd consider "cringeworthy" (goodness knows that I do)  Grin

That said: I wouldn't mind reading the bio(s), I have to admit that I really like reading/writing character bios&stats (probably a reason that I used to love AD&D so much  Wink).

Those color hilts look fantastic!!  Hopefully you can find more^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2019, 03:43:38 PM »

Please PS, I think that we ALL have SOMETHING in our past (especially as teenagers) that we'd consider "cringeworthy" (goodness knows that I do)  Grin

That said: I wouldn't mind reading the bio(s), I have to admit that I really like reading/writing character bios&stats (probably a reason that I used to love AD&D so much  Wink).

Those color hilts look fantastic!!  Hopefully you can find more^^

I will happily re-write it to my more modern standards

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »

Wow! PsychoPencils and Coloured Crayons! Loving the coloured hilts, the first one looks like a tribute to Artoo and Threepio with the gold at one end and blue and white the other. Of course I'm drawn to the green blade too (< see what I did there?)

Great to see more early works, thanks for sharing.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2019, 03:04:03 PM »

As mentioned earlier, I have a small project I've been working on before i get to remaking the old stuff. Specifically, Logos and I had a small discussion on the Ultrasabers idea thread regarding the feasibility of lightsabers designed around Rapiers.

Well during my research it turns out the EU had already touched on this. Theyre called "lightfoils" and were a Sith / Noble light-sword based on lightsabers, but not exactly. Opting for an energy blade that doesnt appear to be powered by a crystal (due to the name being specifically distinguished away from "lightsaber"). They seemed to be parimarily used to settle personal duels, similar to the IRL Rapier/Foil they are based on.

Of course my brain immediately went to making it a full fledged lightsaber, and maybe even touching upon a flat blade design since TCW/Rebels opened up that can o worms with the Darksaber.

So which design do you guys feel is the most practical / would work best with a flat blade? Obviously it would be centered around Makashi form.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »

Just a quick correction, there ARE crystals within lightfoils, but they are manufactured and of less quality than those in lightsabers. In fact, lightfoils are often used by Tampani Nobles and do not require any force connection to construct.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2019, 06:12:50 PM »

As mentioned earlier, I have a small project I've been working on before i get to remaking the old stuff. Specifically, Logos and I had a small discussion on the Ultrasabers idea thread regarding the feasibility of lightsabers designed around Rapiers.

Well during my research it turns out the EU had already touched on this. Theyre called "lightfoils" and were a Sith / Noble light-sword based on lightsabers, but not exactly. Opting for an energy blade that doesnt appear to be powered by a crystal (due to the name being specifically distinguished away from "lightsaber"). They seemed to be parimarily used to settle personal duels, similar to the IRL Rapier/Foil they are based on.
Interesting.

...and maybe even touching upon a flat blade design since TCW/Rebels opened up that can o worms with the Darksaber.

So which design do you guys feel is the most practical / would work best with a flat blade? Obviously it would be centered around Makashi form.
Ok. I like the one on the top right. Just a simple (and elegant I might add) hand guard, but the length of the hilt and pommel would allow for 2-handed use. I can get behind a design like this.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2019, 06:35:43 PM »

Interesting.

Ok. I like the one on the top right. Just a simple (and elegant I might add) hand guard, but the length of the hilt and pommel would allow for 2-handed use. I can get behind a design like this.

What i was thinking as well - i might free up the right side finger guard into a small xguard cause looking at it critically having your fingers misaligned would not be terribly comfortable and might lead to the user "pulling" the blade to the right a little.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2019, 08:12:44 PM »

What i was thinking as well - i might free up the right side finger guard into a small xguard cause looking at it critically having your fingers misaligned would not be terribly comfortable and might lead to the user "pulling" the blade to the right a little.
I wouldn't have put fingers through either of those loops.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2019, 08:42:16 PM »

I wouldn't have put fingers through either of those loops.

keep in mind it does have a basket guard so theres plenty of room. Many rapiers have loops or ergonomic crossguards to allow this for greater blade control and tip precision

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2019, 01:08:17 AM »

I like it. Forum veteran and master saber manipulator Darth Cephalus has a couple saber rapiers that I've seen him spin. They are pretty sick.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2019, 01:29:58 PM »

I will throw my hat into the ring for the one on the top right as well.   To me, the rapier is all about speed, and that hilt looks fast to me.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2019, 01:32:05 PM »

OK, I LOVE the saber on the right!  It has echos of the Guardian (Obi-Wan Ep1-2 saber) in it, but with far more style!   I could see a high-born Jedi or maybe better, a force-user not of the Jedi Order but serving as the head of some potentate's personal guard, carrying that hilt.

Nice.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: