Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 100844 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #315 on: January 24, 2020, 07:40:33 PM »

Hi Psycho,

I like the design, I have to say though I thought the etch on the shroud was Gallifreyan (I think I spelt that correctly) symbols and you'd done a Doctor Who themed hilt.

Not quite - was going for the "World Between Worlds" aesthetic especially based on the skill tree screen from JFO

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2020, 08:54:34 PM »

Not quite - was going for the "World Between Worlds" aesthetic especially based on the skill tree screen from JFO

Okay, so when will we see a “Doctor Who”-themed hilt, then?  Just, please, please, PLEASE go with the sonic screwdriver, not the sonic sunglasses!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #317 on: January 27, 2020, 03:09:28 PM »

Okay, so when will we see a “Doctor Who”-themed hilt, then?  Just, please, please, PLEASE go with the sonic screwdriver, not the sonic sunglasses!

Hmm....

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2020, 08:22:02 PM »

Next addition to the BtB series:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2020, 08:55:15 PM »

Yes please. For, render this. Then get Emory. I have spoken.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #320 on: February 05, 2020, 09:18:31 PM »

Glad you approve! Decided not to do the line drawing to accompany this one as I already drew it in a profile view to begin with. Coming up with the BtB designs is harder than I expected! Already have a steadily growing pile of rejects, but I think the quality of the two I have finished thus far makes up for that

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #321 on: February 05, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »

Glad you approve! Decided not to do the line drawing to accompany this one as I already drew it in a profile view to begin with. Coming up with the BtB designs is harder than I expected! Already have a steadily growing pile of rejects, but I think the quality of the two I have finished thus far makes up for that
Wait....did you borrow for a certain....Epoch? Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #322 on: February 05, 2020, 10:15:48 PM »

Very nice!  That could be done on an Aeon or Initiate V3 or V2 with some PVC...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #323 on: February 05, 2020, 11:32:00 PM »

@Psycho: I like this design, the double angled slanted emitter and the windows work really well together.

@Logos: I think I could render this but it may take a little while as I am swapping to a new version of Blender 3D so I have to install everything and transfer my files over to the new version. I'll get onto modelling it as soon as I can.

points inbound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2020, 02:12:15 PM »

@Logos: I think I could render this but it may take a little while as I am swapping to a new version of Blender 3D so I have to install everything and transfer my files over to the new version. I'll get onto modelling it as soon as I can.
The Sith didn't take over the galaxy being impatient. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2020, 02:16:01 PM »

Wait....did you borrow for a certain....Epoch? Roll Eyes

Not sure what you mean here?

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #326 on: February 07, 2020, 04:07:15 PM »

I REALLY like this one. Points!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2020, 08:46:26 PM »

BtB III

Started with a more western feel and the idea of "what if Smith and Wesson were to make a lightsaber?" I'm not sure if i achieved this and frankly this is my least favorite btb, but I put enough work into it I'd feel annoyed if i didnt post it.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2020, 05:09:24 PM »

Keeping up with the flat blade ideas, and expanding on the Zhanmadao idea, I present the Lidao

For this one, it was as much about the reason behind the saber as the saber itself. Okay why would a lightsaber (one that already an odd design with a flat blade) be single-edged? I could just hear Logos in the distance shouting WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY. So i thought given that a lightsaber blade is effectivley and energy circuit what if there was both an emitter and a receiver with the distance in between being covered in "energy repeaters" to keep a confined energy circuit with much higher power than a traditional blade? The result was my so-dubbed "Dual-Channel Emitter Thread". When powered off, the tang of the blade still maintains a physical edge, and the Emitter thread is sharp to a point, making a semi-efficient thrusting weapon even when facing off against opponents that might not warrant a lightsaber.

All well and fine, but who would use this frankenweapon? I imagined a Jedi Temple, forgotten by all but its' inhabitants who through Schisms and Wars remained unaffected through its' remoteness. The Guards and Masters there having generations to hone, adapt, and perfect both their understanding of the Force itself, as well as martial skills. Though few in number, anyone to challenge the Temple's masters would be brazen at best.

PS and friends,

I've been chewing on this weapon and the concept of the Cantors - both their philosophy and the formation of these weapons and their use - for a while and I wanted to float an idea on the techno-babble aspect of the weapon.    Specifically: The Dual-Channel Emitter.

For the "Cantor" version of this weapon, I would postulate the following:   The original impetus behind the DCE (see what I did there?  Acronym - now its "Official") was a lack of adequate focusing crystals to build a "matrix" similar to that which Karmack and contemporary Singers in the Mak'Tor use to boost their more traditional blade's power and strength.  What they have are many smaller crystals, mostly in the 1-2 karat range, that individually are far to small to be effective.  But when arranged in a staggered, offset line they form a very powerful focusing matrix that channels and flattens the plasma blade.  The "cutting edge" is actually quite thin and the protective shroud that covers the crystals and their mounting system as well as the internal plasma conduits and vents are made of Song Steel, with the edges sharpened and honed for both precision in blade formation and to serve as a secondary cutting edge at need.  Even without the plasma blade the weapon is impressive, and training is done with an impact sheath which allows the Cantors to spar full-speed with their primary weapons without fear of death or dismemberment.

The weapon is nearly 2 meters long without the blade ignited and gains an additional 10-15cm of length when fully energized due to the blade tip.  The blades themselves are generally white, but the multiplicity of small crystals and the intense force-focus needed to build the weapon causes most guard weapons to have a very interesting rainbow "shimmer" effect along the very edge, leading some to refer to the massive weapons as "shimmer spears" or just "shimmers". 

The weapon is generally carried in a cross-back scabbard or via a carry strap affixed to the back-strap of the blade and the hilt, allowing the weapon to be slung over the shoulder.  For storage and maintenance the blade detaches from the hilt just above the Tsuba.

** Thanks again to PsychoSith for letting me play with his AMAZING hilt design! **

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #329 on: February 26, 2020, 05:27:57 PM »

2m seems a bit excessive. Most people aren't even that long.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: