Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 99579 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #330 on: February 26, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »

2m seems a bit excessive. Most people aren't even that long.

True 'nuff, I was going off of the doodle for scale, assuming the individual pictured is about normal size...

Let me do some research on Zhanmadao, and maybe conform the scale to that weapon.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #331 on: February 26, 2020, 05:41:59 PM »

True 'nuff, I was going off of the doodle for scale, assuming the individual pictured is about normal size...

Let me do some research on Zhanmadao, and maybe conform the scale to that weapon.
I'd have gone 1-1.2m.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #332 on: February 26, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »

I'd have gone 1-1.2m.

Nah.   That's barely longer than a normal lightsaber.  :-)

I think I'm going to stick with 2m overall.   Maybe 2m with the blade ignited, shortened by about 20cm when the plasma isn't flowing.

Put the Tsuba at the about 50cm, so a very long hilt behind the Tsuba and another 15-20cm ahead of it before the blade channel begins....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2020, 06:11:30 PM »

Nah.   That's barely longer than a normal lightsaber.  :-)

I think I'm going to stick with 2m overall.   Maybe 2m with the blade ignited, shortened by about 20cm when the plasma isn't flowing.

Put the Tsuba at the about 50cm, so a very long hilt behind the Tsuba and another 15-20cm ahead of it before the blade channel begins....
I'm not including blade length. Alright, with blade, and judging by the image of it being held, I'll estimate 60" tops.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2020, 03:00:18 PM »

I love it Karmack! Im honored!

And if it helps, the historical sword its based on, the Zhanmadao, is approx. 200 cm long from end to end, perfectly 2 meters.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2020, 08:21:11 PM »

I love it Karmack! Im honored!

And if it helps, the historical sword its based on, the Zhanmadao, is approx. 200 cm long from end to end, perfectly 2 meters.

Exactly.  So I'm going with 2m.   :-)   Its supposed to be HUGE, so....   

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2020, 08:12:53 AM »

I had the honor of holding/handling an original once. It wans't as large as you would imagine (but I'm 2,03m tall Wink )

Let me help you on your research. The man behind this article is (one of) the leading persons in the field of historical chinese arms. Also the one who gave me the honor of holding a few of his sabers. Including the miaodao mine is based upon. Anyway, here's the article:
https://www.mandarinmansion.com/article/chinese-long-sabers-qing-dynasty
When interrested in historical chinese (asian) weapons, his side is nice to have look around.

Fun fact about drawing a miaodao, zhanmadao of similar blades, sometimes you needed your collegue on the battlefield:

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2020, 04:17:14 PM »

Working on being less heavy-handed. Lighter shades and all that. Plus some inspiration from High Republic

BtB IV

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2020, 05:48:41 PM »

Working on being less heavy-handed. Lighter shades and all that. Plus some inspiration from High Republic

BtB IV

I assume that's supposed to be a tattered wrap?

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2020, 05:50:26 PM »

I assume that's supposed to be a tattered wrap?

I was going more for torn rubber/formed leather grip

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2020, 09:10:23 PM »

Just a quick doodle of Vansi

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #341 on: March 06, 2020, 10:14:06 PM »

Next addition to the BtB series:

OK, I have to admit that after your (INCREDIBLE!!) Beskar Breaker, THIS saber is my favorite!  From the angled emitter shroud to the finned pommel, the clean lines of this hilt is just...awesome  Smiley.  LOVE this!

BtB III

Started with a more western feel and the idea of "what if Smith and Wesson were to make a lightsaber?" I'm not sure if i achieved this and frankly this is my least favorite btb, but I put enough work into it I'd feel annoyed if i didnt post it.

While it isn't my favorite either, I actually like the oblique perspective.  This hilt seems like it would go very well among a Jedi Sentinel's arsenal (apropos naming  Wink)

Keeping up with the flat blade ideas, and expanding on the Zhanmadao idea, I present the Lidao

For this one, it was as much about the reason behind the saber as the saber itself. Okay why would a lightsaber (one that already an odd design with a flat blade) be single-edged? I could just hear Logos in the distance shouting WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY. So i thought given that a lightsaber blade is effectivley and energy circuit what if there was both an emitter and a receiver with the distance in between being covered in "energy repeaters" to keep a confined energy circuit with much higher power than a traditional blade? The result was my so-dubbed "Dual-Channel Emitter Thread". When powered off, the tang of the blade still maintains a physical edge, and the Emitter thread is sharp to a point, making a semi-efficient thrusting weapon even when facing off against opponents that might not warrant a lightsaber.

All well and fine, but who would use this frankenweapon? I imagined a Jedi Temple, forgotten by all but its' inhabitants who through Schisms and Wars remained unaffected through its' remoteness. The Guards and Masters there having generations to hone, adapt, and perfect both their understanding of the Force itself, as well as martial skills. Though few in number, anyone to challenge the Temple's masters would be brazen at best.

Wow...this is...wow...

OK, now that I know better what the Cantors weapon of choice is, I can include this for an upcoming chapter in Storms (with your permission, of course PS  Smiley).

And I like the 2 meter length; matches the power of the Cantors (like Karm said)^^

I had the honor of holding/handling an original once. It wans't as large as you would imagine (but I'm 2,03m tall Wink )

Let me help you on your research. The man behind this article is (one of) the leading persons in the field of historical chinese arms. Also the one who gave me the honor of holding a few of his sabers. Including the miaodao mine is based upon. Anyway, here's the article:
https://www.mandarinmansion.com/article/chinese-long-sabers-qing-dynasty
When interrested in historical chinese (asian) weapons, his side is nice to have look around.

Fun fact about drawing a miaodao, zhanmadao of similar blades, sometimes you needed your collegue on the battlefield:

Wow, learn something new every day  Wink

Awesome fact(s), TCCW!  I'd love to hear more!

BtB IV

I can TOTALLY see this as a "High Republic" weapon!  Elegant yet dangerous, beautiful and deadly...

Just a quick doodle of Vansi

You should include this with one of your story chapters, PS!  Fantastic  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2020, 05:32:46 PM »

OK, I have to admit that after your (INCREDIBLE!!) Beskar Breaker, THIS saber is my favorite!  From the angled emitter shroud to the finned pommel, the clean lines of this hilt is just...awesome  Smiley.  LOVE this!

You should include this with one of your story chapters, PS!  Fantastic  Cheesy

Thanks for the kind words! The Lujing seems to be a bit of a hit - I think that one came out well myself (though of the BtB I still think the Shii-Cho came out the best). As for including the pic of Vansi i was on the fence about that. Sure I have an idea of what he looks like, but I like people coming up with their own interpretations too, and I didnt want to restrict any mental images people would have come up with Smiley

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #343 on: April 29, 2020, 07:58:34 PM »

Still pretty busy with work right now, but I did do a doodle awhile ago based on the Hive swords in the Destiny franchise. Hope thisll hold yall over while i work on better stuff  Grin

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #344 on: April 29, 2020, 10:49:33 PM »

Still pretty busy with work right now, but I did do a doodle awhile ago based on the Hive swords in the Destiny franchise. Hope thisll hold yall over while i work on better stuff  Grin

I really like the hilt and pommel of this saber, PS (reminds me of "Highlander"  Wink).

And I can't wait to see what you've got for us in the future^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: