Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 99577 times)
janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 05:47:31 PM »

The Scrap Queen is my kind of saber!

I don't tend to view these as hodge-podge or cobbled.  I tend to prefer a mix of materials in designs (part of my steampunk aesthetic blending in).  The sabers that look like all one part are too ultra modern, iSaber if you will.  Looks like Steve Jobs cranked it out on a lathe and had it magically assembled in China with no screws visible.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2019, 06:31:28 PM »

Tried a different style today. Really pleased with it. Went for a shorter hilt and more "ramshackle" appearance for this one.

Hello PsycoSith....I can definitely see this one somewhere in Nima Outpost! How many portions does it cost?  Grin

And I'd say it was "carefully crafted"
point on it's way to you.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 07:06:48 PM »

Tried a different style today. Really pleased with it. Went for a shorter hilt and more "ramshackle" appearance for this one.

I like this!    A lot!

Not only is it ramshackled-looking and has a definite "spare parts" feel ... it looks functional as a weapon.  The forward choke is well placed, the emitter is guarded to prevent accidentally cutting your own fingers off, and the loop on the pommel is perfect for a carry hook.

The armored wire harnesses for control runs and power busses just adds flare!   Nicely done.  Smiley   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 07:17:56 PM »

These are awesome PsychoSith. I've got to agree with everyone else, I love the Scrap Queen. THat emitter especially.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 10:16:19 PM »

Hello PsycoSith....I can definitely see this one somewhere in Nima Outpost! How many portions does it cost?  Grin

And I'd say it was "carefully crafted"
point on it's way to you.

Good point on the Nima outpost - would love to see a fully realized For Tyeth blender collaboration on this sabre.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 03:31:23 PM »

Hey all! great to see the positive feedback from Scrap Queen! ^_^

Was at a convention this weekend and didnt have much time to check or post so to make up, I drew a paired hilt today. Tried to expand on the style I used for scrap queen while incorporating a different aesthetic for the hilts.

These ones were inspired by an idea a friend once shot me: "what if you put a stungun on a lightsaber?" This got me thinking of crowd control hilts, designed to work at low power and incorporate non lethal ways of subduing foes into their design directly.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2019, 03:57:49 PM »

A saber hilt with a tazer in the pommel...   That could be very interesting.   Reminds me of the stun wands from "Demolition Man" in a way....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2019, 04:56:31 PM »

Interesting.

What would a saber/taser look like with both danger bits on the same end?  I'd think a grip might fit best when held one way, this putting both bits on one business end and merely changing modes.

Both of these look sharp.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2019, 05:01:30 PM »

Interesting.

What would a saber/taser look like with both danger bits on the same end?  I'd think a grip might fit best when held one way, this putting both bits on one business end and merely changing modes.

Both of these look sharp.

Id have to imagine it would be a perpendicular structure to the blade. Kind of like the "bunny ears" on the Graflex but extended further out and away from the users wrist. That or incorporate a "stun" setting into the blade itself, I know this has been done in Legends with training sabers.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2019, 05:05:16 PM »

I know this has been done in Legends with training sabers.

That answers an unspoken question I'd had.  How do they teach newbs to use a saber without lopping off parts.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »

That answers an unspoken question I'd had.  How do they teach newbs to use a saber without lopping off parts.

Legends covers that alot. Basically theres two breeds of training sabers. One are basically just sword-length cattle prods. The other are very low-power lightsabers that can still burn but not cut quite as well. Though as the darth bane books point out, if you put enough "oomph" behind them they can still be lethal.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2019, 07:31:57 PM »

Also! The difference of quality with Altenweg was bothering me, so i gave it a quick update with pens and did some minor redesigns (lost the tsuba, added a grip & engravings etc)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2019, 07:33:44 PM »

Hello PsychoSith,

As I mentioned in my reply to you on my thread I really like "Bulwark" and the nautical influences. I had only ever put lighted crystals in my pommel designs  Smiley
A tazer is definitely different.

Interesting fact, the training sabers seen in the Prequels were actually built from the lightsaber hilt handles that came with "Jedi Force Power" action figures - the saber had a clip on the emitter to attach your figure to make a handle so you could use it as a puppet. (I think the figures were called the Jedi Force Power range) The props guys just broke the clips off and weathered the hilts. As the handles were padawan sized they didn't need to make  and cast bespoke new models. This is the reason we see them holding mini Qui-Gon Jinn hilts!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2019, 07:38:27 PM »

Hello PsychoSith,

As I mentioned in my reply to you on my thread I really like "Bulwark" and the nautical influences. I had only ever put lighted crystals in my pommel designs  Smiley
A tazer is definitely different.

Interesting fact, the training sabers seen in the Prequels were actually built from the lightsaber hilt handles that came with "Jedi Force Power" action figures - the saber had a clip on the emitter to attach your figure to make a handle so you could use it as a puppet. (I think the figures were called the Jedi Force Power range) The props guys just broke the clips off and weathered the hilts. As the handles were padawan sized they didn't need to make  and cast bespoke new models. This is the reason we see them holding mini Qui-Gon Jinn hilts!

Thanks very much! The cutlass guard was a gamble but i like how it played out.

I actually didnt know any of that about the training sabers from the movies - the ingenuity of the prop teams @ lucasarts never failed us.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 07:46:34 PM »

Hi PsychoSith,

We seem to be at cross purposes as you just posted Altenweg II as I commented. I like the two perpendicular grooves on the lower hilt, it reminds me of a Fallen saber  Grin  (And it looks a bit sleeker without the tsuba).

One final trivia note about the training hilts, after Qui-Gon died his saber was returned to the Jedi Temple were it was stored in the Temple vaults. And as an act of remembrance the Council decided the training hilts should be modelled on his weapon. Not sure it was ever confirmed as canon (I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere) but it would have been a nice story if true.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: