Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 100763 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »

So, a Zweihander?

I really liked making this one, the basic theme being an overcharged greatsaber that requires a lot more cooling power than your average hilt, hence the vents and radiators near the pommel. The large power unit allows both the power and size of the saber to be effective against lightsaber resistant materials such as Beskar'gam (hence the name), a fitting weapon for a Jedi defender against Mandalorian Crusaders. This is an inelegant weapon of brute force and size, more likely to be carried on the back than slung at the waist.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »

So, a Zweihander?

I really liked making this one, the basic theme being an overcharged greatsaber that requires a lot more cooling power than your average hilt, hence the vents and radiators near the pommel. The large power unit allows both the power and size of the saber to be effective against lightsaber resistant materials such as Beskar'gam (hence the name), a fitting weapon for a Jedi defender against Mandalorian Crusaders. This is an inelegant weapon of brute force and size, more likely to be carried on the back than slung at the waist.

Oh, I like this....   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2019, 05:47:37 PM »

Decided to get crazy and draw someone holding the saber this time.

Side note, my 6B pencil is much shorter now.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2019, 06:04:59 PM »

Decided to get crazy and draw someone holding the saber this time.

Side note, my 6B pencil is much shorter now.

Splendid.  Also, that's a wicked saber

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2019, 06:06:10 PM »

Splendid.  Also, that's a wicked saber

Might draw just the saber in my usual style since I really like how it came out myself

EDIT: I did.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2019, 07:54:54 PM »

I'm a bit jealous of your drawing skills. That is awesome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »

I'm a bit jealous of your drawing skills. That is awesome.

Thanks for saying so! I've stil got a long way to go, lol

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2019, 05:35:51 PM »

So, a Zweihander?

B-
E-
A-
Utiful!

PS, you definitely delivered!  This is an incredible design! 

...Actually, it gives me an idea for its use in one of my stories...that is, if you don't mind  Smiley   Let me just put it this way: this is the EXACT kind of saber that the Vhal'Dan Cataphracts would use!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2019, 05:37:52 PM »

B-
E-
A-
Utiful!

PS, you definitely delivered!  This is an incredible design! 

...Actually, it gives me an idea for its use in one of my stories...that is, if you don't mind  Smiley   Let me just put it this way: this is the EXACT kind of saber that the Vhal'Dan Cataphracts would use!

Use away! Happy you found what you were looking for!  Grin

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2019, 05:50:09 PM »

Use away! Happy you found what you were looking for!  Grin
Thanks!

So: are they called "Beskar" sabers?  I was thinking about "Cataphract Beskar Zweihanders" for the character(s) in question  Wink

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2019, 05:59:37 PM »

Thanks!

So: are they called "Beskar" sabers?  I was thinking about "Cataphract Beskar Zweihanders" for the character(s) in question  Wink

Oh indeedy deed...    :-)

I was thinking of a slight modification: shorten the actual emitter and make is a single blade, with the cross-guard made of either Cortosis alloy or SongSteel....    :-)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2019, 06:15:09 PM »

Thanks!

"Beskar Breaker" was the name I came up with - but that was just a catchy title. Its your story so creative license on the name goes to you!

I was thinking of a slight modification: shorten the actual emitter and make is a single blade, with the cross-guard made of either Cortosis alloy or SongSteel....    :-)

The idea here was to make a Zweihander which traditionally has the extra grip between two sets of xguards, hence the design. If you scroll back a bit your suggestions sounds pretty similar to the "Crusader" design I did a couple weeks ago Smiley

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2019, 06:42:13 PM »

The idea here was to make a Zweihander which traditionally has the extra grip between two sets of xguards, hence the design. If you scroll back a bit your suggestions sounds pretty similar to the "Crusader" design I did a couple weeks ago Smiley

Yeah, much like that, but with the lower Zweihander cross-guard instead of the saber-blade cross-guard.   :-)  I guess what I've always wanted to see was a cross-guard made from lightsaber-resistant materials (like cortosis) rather than the cross-guard made from side blades.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2019, 06:47:00 PM »

Yeah, much like that, but with the lower Zweihander cross-guard instead of the saber-blade cross-guard.   :-)  I guess what I've always wanted to see was a cross-guard made from lightsaber-resistant materials (like cortosis) rather than the cross-guard made from side blades.

might keep in mind for a future design. Next few aren't gonna lean so heavy on xguard i think. Good suggestion though, and definitely worth re-visiting!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2019, 06:49:22 PM »

Yeah, much like that, but with the lower Zweihander cross-guard instead of the saber-blade cross-guard.   :-)  I guess what I've always wanted to see was a cross-guard made from lightsaber-resistant materials (like cortosis) rather than the cross-guard made from side blades.
Yes, AGREED!  I'd say that the guard underneath the sideblades would work perfectly as a reinforced cortosis weave (maybe a beskar/cortosis alloy?)  At any rate: WONDERFUL design!

"Beskar Breaker" was the name I came up with - but that was just a catchy title. Its your story so creative license on the name goes to you!
Thanks PS  Wink

Oh: do you mind if I post the image of that design with the chapter?  I will, of course, give proper credit where credit is due  Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: