Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 100800 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2019, 08:11:41 PM »

Yes, AGREED!  I'd say that the guard underneath the sideblades would work perfectly as a reinforced cortosis weave (maybe a beskar/cortosis alloy?)  At any rate: WONDERFUL design!
Thanks PS  Wink

Oh: do you mind if I post the image of that design with the chapter?  I will, of course, give proper credit where credit is due  Wink

Go for it!

Also today's doodle.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2019, 09:07:36 PM »

You thought I had stopped? HA!

So who likes Lovecraft?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 09:45:52 PM »

Hi PsychoSith,

I have to say "Extremophile" reminds me of an early sci-fi rocket ship (in a good way) and it's quite a coincidence as I posted a saber on my website a week or two back based on "The Six Million Dollar Man" Bionic Transport and Repair Station, and it looks like a multi stage rocket!

I am not a Lovecraft fan myself but a guy who has a website on the same platform as I operate on has quite a few articles about H.P. Lovecraft.

And was the crystal feature on "The Dagon" inspired by the recent "Frankensaber" US built using the blade tip as a chamber? Either way it looks impressive.

point on it's way.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 09:48:35 PM »

Hi PsychoSith,

I have to say "Extremophile" reminds me of an early sci-fi rocket ship (in a good way) and it's quite a coincidence as I posted a saber on my website a week or two back based on "The Six Million Dollar Man" Bionic Transport and Repair Station, and it looks like a multi stage rocket!

I am not a Lovecraft fan myself but a guy who has a website on the same platform as I operate on has quite a few articles about H.P. Lovecraft.

And was the crystal feature on "The Dagon" inspired by the recent "Frankensaber" US built using the blade tip as a chamber? Either way it looks impressive.

point on it's way.

Thanks! The extremophile i was caught between a 1960's and a hazmat aesthetic, so i combined them a bit.

As for the Frankensaber, not specifically, no but that saber was especially impressive will say. It was a really unique way of part combinations and it *has* given me some ideas. I want my sabers to stand out a little more since currently they mostly all follow the pattern of Emitter->Choke->Power Unit->Grip->Pommel.

Thanks for the kind words!

Heres a question for y'all cause i have a few ideas floating around, what do you want to see next?

A) HEAVY METAL

B) Saberstaff/Double-bladed

C) Unique Saber config (tonfas, whips, shoto etc)

D) Sith it up.

E) "Remasters" (I touch up a lot of my sketches way after the fact so some of my previous doodles have been added upon/finished

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2019, 11:09:11 PM »

Thanks! The extremophile i was caught between a 1960's and a hazmat aesthetic, so i combined them a bit.

As for the Frankensaber, not specifically, no but that saber was especially impressive will say. It was a really unique way of part combinations and it *has* given me some ideas. I want my sabers to stand out a little more since currently they mostly all follow the pattern of Emitter->Choke->Power Unit->Grip->Pommel.

Thanks for the kind words!

Heres a question for y'all cause i have a few ideas floating around, what do you want to see next?

A) HEAVY METAL

B) Saberstaff/Double-bladed

C) Unique Saber config (tonfas, whips, shoto etc)

D) Sith it up.

E) "Remasters" (I touch up a lot of my sketches way after the fact so some of my previous doodles have been added upon/finished
ALL please  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2019, 02:22:03 PM »

I'm a bit jealous of your drawing skills. That is awesome.
Don't be. Practice.

ALL please  Wink
Agreed. Take time, and do them all.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2019, 02:30:56 PM »

Agreed. Take time, and do them all.
ALL please  Wink

All right, fair enough, ill go down the list. Ill probably include 1 "remaster" per original design post.

Project Heavy Metal begins today.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2019, 08:50:52 PM »

Alrighty, Heavy Metal is completed.

Result is the Durasteel Dove, a saber that would be at home in any urban jungle such as Coruscant. Easily disguised as a tool or broken machinery, the Dove features sharp edges and a four-pronged xguard with claws to deter close-range combatants and more easily scared street thugs. Designed for durability above all else, the original owner of the saber is long-forgotten; a tough heirloom passed from jedi, sith, and criminals alike, the Dove is a strong blade for the resilient.

As for the re-master, I went back and shaded and detailed the first saber I did in my current style, the Scrap Queen. A good pair with the Dove, I wanted to place more emphasis on the questionable construction of such a weapon, highlighting battle and neglect scars alike, the Scrap Queen works, its blade always reliable-just don't ask how. The wielder sure doesn't know.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »

Result is the Durasteel Dove, a saber that would be at home in any urban jungle such as Coruscant. Easily disguised as a tool or broken machinery, the Dove features sharp edges and a four-pronged xguard with claws to deter close-range combatants and more easily scared street thugs. Designed for durability above all else, the original owner of the saber is long-forgotten; a tough heirloom passed from jedi, sith, and criminals alike, the Dove is a strong blade for the resilient.

Nice I love the ferocious design and the story that goes with it, the idea of a sabre passing owner to owner - i wonder what each had 'left behind' in it over time.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »

Now that is proper Sithy. Would love to see an isometric view of this hilt.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2019, 06:55:48 PM »

Now that is proper Sithy. Would love to see an isometric view of this hilt.

Dont have my sketchbook on me quite this second, but ill be happy to oblige when i do  Wink

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2019, 03:57:11 PM »

Okay have a lot for you guys today!

Firstly lets get the main show on the road, Tiding of the Owl

So the most recent thing on the list was a pike/staff. Usually these are portrayed as savage (Maul/Kun) or Noble (the Shans) but are unusually restricted to those themes. I wanted to approach it with more of an "evil" vibe. Not so much savage or even just dark side, but the idea of the saber itself having this air of death attached to it, this blood-lust of the wielder, this malevolent intent; intentions be damned. Not to simply cause pain, but to end. I loved the theme and ran with it, so this ended up being a more complete drawing than just a saber doodle. But I couldn't remove this image of the Owl's last owner clutching to it even in death, maybe an unwillingness to let it go, maybe an unwillingness to let it affect others, ill let you decide  Wink

Next is the "remaster" of Riot/Bulwark. Nothing special here, just wanted to increase the quality of the original doodles, as they were kinda quickly done.

And lastly, to satisfy Logos' curiosity, a quick isometric doodle of Durasteel Dove

Not terribly happy with it, but it was a sub-5 minute doodle so i guess i have a minor excuse.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2019, 05:32:10 PM »

And lastly, to satisfy Logos' curiosity, a quick isometric doodle of Durasteel Dove

Not terribly happy with it, but it was a sub-5 minute doodle so i guess i have a minor excuse.
That's alright. I'm an engineer, so I can envision the original in the isometric with the details given. I would totally take one of these.

Oh For Tyeth....I have your next project  Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2019, 06:06:09 PM »

That's alright. I'm an engineer, so I can envision the original in the isometric with the details given. I would totally take one of these.

I wouldn't wanna pour event more projects on the guy, if he wants to i wont object, but im certainly not asking  Cheesy

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »

I wouldn't wanna pour event more projects on the guy, if he wants to i wont object, but im certainly not asking  Cheesy

Hi Guys, I just saw this as I was busy typing up a new article for my other online platform (I have been fortunate and nominated for another blogging award) I just finished my "Master Series" collection of hilts (Rey Ep.9/Anakin Ep.2/Darth Vader MPP/Luke RotJ/Graflex ANH) and was about to start looking at building a DragonBall Z/Super Saiyan hilt....however if you'd like me to take a look at the "Dove" I can.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: