Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 99589 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »

Hey all, sorry its been a minute posting.

Im brainstorming ideas for what unique saber configuration I want to go for my next design but until then, For Tyeth has been very busy.

And I am blown away.

I especially like this one, since it uses the same perspective as the original drawing, so its really cool to see it "come alive"

The Durasteel Dove in the glory of all three dimensions! Thank you FT!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2019, 02:42:24 PM »

Im brainstorming ideas for what unique saber configuration I want to go for my next design but until then, For Tyeth has been very busy.

And I am blown away.

I especially like this one, since it uses the same perspective as the original drawing, so its really cool to see it "come alive"

This need to be a thing.......NAU!

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2019, 03:12:39 PM »

Totally agree, Logos.   This is one cross-guard saber I would love to have on my shelf!   Sweet!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2019, 07:25:46 PM »

And I am blown away.

Wow.

WOW!

WOW!!

These renderings are FANTASTIC!!  I LOVE the collaboration between PsycoSith and For Tyeth!!

Now to try to convince FT to do a 3D rendering of the "Beskar Breaker"... Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2019, 07:53:35 PM »

Hello TheDutchman, Darth Logos and Karmack...

I am so glad you all liked "The Durasteel Dove" it truly is a fantastic design PsychoSith came up with (including the backstory). I have a few projects I need to polish up but I have already taken a look at modelling the "Beskar Breaker" so in a bout a week or so I should have something for you all ok.

points on the way.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2019, 02:14:50 AM »

Hello TheDutchman, Darth Logos and Karmack...

I am so glad you all liked "The Durasteel Dove" it truly is a fantastic design PsychoSith came up with (including the backstory). I have a few projects I need to polish up but I have already taken a look at modelling the "Beskar Breaker" so in a bout a week or so I should have something for you all ok.

points on the way.

I think were all eager to see the results! However, I also have a trick up my sleeve, as FT has been amazing at modelling my sabers, I figured I'd return the favor. Wink that should be coming soon, hope everyone enjoys!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2019, 05:02:00 PM »

Alright, got another collab for you guys today!

Dutchman, I believe you'll particularly like this one.

Obviously For Tyeth's rendering are top-notch as per usual, but this saber represent something even cooler in my opinion. A three-way collaboration between TheDutchman (who requested a Zweihander design for his story), myself (who drew the design out), and For Tyeth (who brought it to life).

I gotta say guys this is just cool watching a design come to life like this  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2019, 05:05:40 PM »

I'm confused on the name of this one. I was under the impression that beskar could not be phased by a light saber.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2019, 05:11:48 PM »

I'm confused on the name of this one. I was under the impression that beskar could not be phased by a light saber.

Normally yes, the idea here a saber named a little bit dramatically, a little bit out of hubris. It was specifically for Dutchman's story involving knights wielding massive overcharged greatsabers. The amount of sheer power going through the blade would theoretically be capable of damaging Beskar, but the weight of the hilt and the power of user themself provides the "breaking"

To be honest its mostly the dramatic flair. I know in old canon Beskar could tank starship crashes, but are you really gonna want to mess with a 7 foot tall guy holding a hilt the size of a child calling it the Beskar Breaker?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2019, 05:16:16 PM »

Hi there,

And I just copied the name from PsychoSith's sketch...I thought the strikeout through the word breaker was an intended part of the name   Undecided

And I'm glad it meets approval again, it was fun to build.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2019, 05:17:10 PM »

Hi there,

And I just copied the name from PsychoSith's sketch...I thought the strikeout through the word breaker was an intended part of the name   Undecided

And I'm glad it meets approval again, it was fun to build.

It was intended, no worries. Was trying to "break" the word, lol

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »

Normally yes, the idea here a saber named a little bit dramatically, a little bit out of hubris. It was specifically for Dutchman's story involving knights wielding massive overcharged greatsabers. The amount of sheer power going through the blade would theoretically be capable of damaging Beskar, but the weight of the hilt and the power of user themself provides the "breaking"

To be honest its mostly the dramatic flair. I know in old canon Beskar could tank starship crashes, but are you really gonna want to mess with a 7 foot tall guy holding a hilt the size of a child calling it the Beskar Breaker?
It's a curious idea. Although I know of beskar's energy resistant properties, I've never actually a) seen whether it absorbs or repels saber energy and b) seen how it holds up against physical abuse. I could see an oversized hilt with extra juice to the emitter field acting as a more of a physical object against a material that makes the typical blade useless. If the stronger emitter field was capable of being maintained while striking beskar, then I could see the metal physically wearing down and ultimately failing. 

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2019, 05:33:27 PM »

It's a curious idea. Although I know of beskar's energy resistant properties, I've never actually a) seen whether it absorbs or repels saber energy and b) seen how it holds up against physical abuse. I could see an oversized hilt with extra juice to the emitter field acting as a more of a physical object against a material that makes the typical blade useless. If the stronger emitter field was capable of being maintained while striking beskar, then I could see the metal physically wearing down and ultimately failing. 

That was the general idea, but i know the old lore was occasionally inconsistent with Beskar strength so i was leaving room for maybes

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2019, 05:34:43 PM »

That was the general idea, but i know the old lore was occasionally inconsistent with Beskar strength so i was leaving room for maybes
One day, ALL will be fixed.

Sig by For Tyeth

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2019, 12:23:59 AM »

your work continues to amaze.  The beskar breaker looks like an excellent melding of classic swords with light sabers

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: