Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 99575 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2019, 03:22:05 PM »

Alright, got another collab for you guys today!

Dutchman, I believe you'll particularly like this one.

Obviously For Tyeth's rendering are top-notch as per usual, but this saber represent something even cooler in my opinion. A three-way collaboration between TheDutchman (who requested a Zweihander design for his story), myself (who drew the design out), and For Tyeth (who brought it to life).

I gotta say guys this is just cool watching a design come to life like this  Grin
B-
E-
A-
UTIFUL!!!

OK this is INCREDIBLE!  I have to say that the collaboration between PS and FT is just AWESOME!  I really, REALLY wish that US could make this saber hilt (with proper credit/reward to PS and FT, of course  Grin).

Gentlemen...it's sabers like the "Beskar Breaker" that made me a saber enthusiast in the first place  Wink

I WISH that I had the creativity of PS and FT!  Points for both of you gentlemen  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »

B-
E-
A-
UTIFUL!!!

OK this is INCREDIBLE!  I have to say that the collaboration between PS and FT is just AWESOME!  I really, REALLY wish that US could make this saber hilt (with proper credit/reward to PS and FT, of course  Grin).

Gentlemen...it's sabers like the "Beskar Breaker" that made me a saber enthusiast in the first place  Wink

I WISH that I had the creativity of PS and FT!  Points for both of you gentlemen  Smiley

Hi TheDutchman and thanks, but to be fair I was the final link in this project and worked off the inspiration you and PsychoSith provided. I couldn't have modelled/rendered anything if you hadn't come up with it in your fanfic or had PS not sketched it. (I hope you don't mind the little bits of artistic license I had to add - I only had a plan view to work off so had to fill in some details when looking at the hilt from different angles!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »

Hi TheDutchman and thanks, but to be fair I was the final link in this project and worked off the inspiration you and PsychoSith provided. I couldn't have modelled/rendered anything if you hadn't come up with it in your fanfic or had PS not sketched it. (I hope you don't mind the little bits of artistic license I had to add - I only had a plan view to work off so had to fill in some details when looking at the hilt from different angles!)
Oooh ooh ooh. Can you modify BB to eliminate the crossguards and take the main emitter section from above the black stripe down to the base of the chamfer?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2019, 09:11:00 PM »

Oooh ooh ooh. Can you modify BB to eliminate the crossguards and take the main emitter section from above the black stripe down to the base of the chamfer?

Hi Logos,
The emitter might need a bit of work (as the crossguard is one solid section) but do you mean something like this?

I haven't posted a full render but I'll produce one if PS and Dutch don't mind.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »

Hi Logos,
The emitter might need a bit of work (as the crossguard is one solid section) but do you mean something like this?

Getting very close. I meant for you to make a single blade, but wasn't braining yesterday afternoon......or this morning for that matter.

Leave the length the same from the choke to the emitter. It's growing on me.

I would totally order this if available. Love the grip.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2019, 02:21:16 PM »

Hey guys! Sorry for being so quiet, but my work is in the midst of a property move so ive been pretty busy this week - should be back to regular posting by tues/wed!

Thank you all for the kind words, and thank you FT for the amazing work!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2019, 05:08:18 PM »

Hi Logos,

I'm with Logos.   Leave everything except remove the cross-guards - saber blade and physical - and make the emitter into a long version of the split emitter, with two long slits extending back almost to the choke.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2019, 05:19:56 PM »

I'm with Logos.   Leave everything except remove the cross-guards - saber blade and physical - and make the emitter into a long version of the split emitter, with two long slits extending back almost to the choke.
HEY! It's my mod. I'd actually prefer the quad-split, but only extended by 1".

Sig by For Tyeth

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2019, 05:40:37 PM »

LOL   he credit is all yours, Logos!   

So ... a Catalyst on steroids!   Yeah....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2019, 09:13:45 PM »

Ok, I think I got it...similar to the Catalyst right?....Something like this?....

And one for the serious Sith out there...

I gonna have a rest now...I still have my Anakin AOTC hilt coming up very soon.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2019, 09:31:58 PM »

LOL   he credit is all yours, Logos!   

So ... a Catalyst on steroids!   Yeah....
Yeah, pretty much.

Ok, I think I got it...similar to the Catalyst right?....Something like this?....

And it is sooooooooooooooooo much the pretty. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Now contact Emory, and get this thing going. I want one in my hands by Christmas.

Sig by For Tyeth

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2019, 12:44:33 AM »

Ooo!
OOO!!
OOO!!!

I LOVE this hilt!  "Beskar Breaker Shoto!!"

FT, can I use that in an upcoming chapter?

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2019, 01:12:13 AM »

Ooo!
OOO!!
OOO!!!

I LOVE this hilt!  "Beskar Breaker Shoto!!"

FT, can I use that in an upcoming chapter?

Hi Dutch, I have no objections...it is kinda your saber, PsychoSith and I modified your original design concept to produce this. Gotta thank Logos and Karmack for the suggestions.

Thanks guys and points inbound.

BlackAgates
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2019, 03:53:17 PM »

some cool drawings;  Looks like you might have utilized a nice charcoal pencil..  I have a twin set.

charcoal comes in raw sticks also and of many different consistencies, so some of them are not as easily marking as say colored pencils or pastels..

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2019, 04:51:48 PM »

some cool drawings;  Looks like you might have utilized a nice charcoal pencil..  I have a twin set.

charcoal comes in raw sticks also and of many different consistencies, so some of them are not as easily marking as say colored pencils or pastels..

Good observation! I use charcoal for some shading stuff but i usually do 2B graphite for the base drawing. - More coming soon!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: